• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

hello @MushinNoShin
you hear of this guy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi
Book of 5 rings! Musashi, Clausewitz, Tzu, Naepoleon, Machiavelli etc. I am in love with strategist and their works (as you can tell by the name), so maybe genetics isn't my single passion lol. I'm really glad someone gets it! You are seriously the first person who gets it, lol. All my buddies are like "Must be an Asian thing or something." Lol

"No Mind"

Last edited:
indicabush

indicabush

He's a breeder, very kind and talented person. I always figured that I would need a much larger population and run open pollinations to have any real-world applications of the hardy weinberg model, so never looked too deeply into it, but would love to hear your experiences with it.

I run indo and selectively breed, try my best to avoid open pollination, lol.

Indoor grower myself and currently working on F3 Autoflowers...tent grow population of 10...still scratching my head on the Weinberg assumptions...lots of deviations from expectations...small population size is probably causing my genetic drift...7 days in to grow so to early to define anything.

indicabush

indicabush

Book of 5 rings! Musashi, Clausewitz, Tzu, Naepoleon, Machiavelli etc. I am in love with strategist and their works (as you can tell by the name), so maybe genetics isn't my single passion lol. I'm really glad someone gets it! You are seriously the first person who gets it, lol. All my buddies are like "Must be an Asian thing or something." Lol

"No Mind"

Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Machiavelli, Napoleon, Homer and Thucydides just some of my favorites.

May I suggest Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu...I still have my 1992 copy and read it often like the above.

No I got the reference to your name, but figured you for a knock-off...my apologies

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Indoor grower myself and currently working on F3 Autoflowers...tent grow population of 10...still scratching my head on the Weinberg assumptions...lots of deviations from expectations...small population size is probably causing my genetic drift...7 days in to grow so to early to define anything.
Autos are fun! I don't personally mess around with them anymore, but have a buddy who does who I visit often to talk genetics with and play with his garden lol. He is finding the non-photosensitive trait in the F1 gen. (Crossing a photoperiod with an auto flower), but how can this be if the auto-flowering/non-photosensitive trait is a recessive trait? Could it in fact be incompletly dominant or codominant? Or is the photoperiod parent a carrier for the auto-flowering trait, it's suppose to be a landrace? Wtf is going on here?!? Lol

When he first started I told him, quite confidently; "the non-photosensitive trait is a recessive trait, so when breeding to a photoperiod you will not see the auto flowering trait until the F2 gen. and at about 25%. We will select and go from there..." I sure do feel foolish now lol.

So still have a bit of fun playing with autos :)

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Sun Tzu, Clausewitz, Machiavelli, Napoleon, Homer and Thucydides just some of my favorites.

May I suggest Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu...I still have my 1992 copy and read it often like the above.

No I got the reference to your name, but figured you for a knock-off...my apologies
No offense taken, I've never heard of "Thick Face, Black Heart", I'll have to give it a read. The recommendation is appreciated!

Well, I am sure glad people get the double entendre of my handle! Lol

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

@indicabush The best auto I've encountered was "+Speed" from Sweet Seeds, I believe it to be an AK47 cross of some sort. Large yields for an auto and every Pheno was really dank! From a deep, dark funk to a skunky guava aroma, not to mention she finishes quickly. Got better yields from that strain than from "Think Different", "Mi5" (which arrived with seeds in poor condition and didn't even auto flower) and even "Chaze" (One of Stitch's "SuperAutos", which I found to be an absolute joke). I was a bit disappointed with Sweet Seeds' other varietals, but very much enjoyed the "+Speed".

I only played with autos in my personal garden for about a year and only ran a few beans of each varietal at a time, so my experience is limited, but this was my experience with them (for what it's worth). Also, Aunt Mossey has a real nice selection of autos :)

indicabush

indicabush

@indicabush The best auto I've encountered was "+Speed" from Sweet Seeds, I believe it to be an AK47 cross of some sort. Large yields for an auto and every Pheno was really dank! From a deep, dark funk to a skunky guava aroma, not to mention she finishes quickly. Got better yields from that strain than from "Think Different", "Mi5" (which arrived with seeds in poor condition and didn't even auto flower) and even "Chaze" (One of Stitch's "SuperAutos", which I found to be an absolute joke). I was a bit disappointed with Sweet Seeds' other varietals, but very much enjoyed the "+Speed".

I only played with autos in my personal garden for about a year and only ran a few beans of each varietal at a time, so my experience is limited, but this was my experience with them (for what it's worth). Also, Aunt Mossey has a real nice selection of autos :)

Haven't purchased Autoflowers for quite some time now (6 -7 yrs). They have come a long way in genetic breeding.
Back then I was fortunate enough to come across 2 particular plants that I was quite happy about.

Plant #1..Genetics - Critical Mass x Lowryder
Plant #2..Genetics - Ruderalis x Moroccan x White Dwarf x Low Rider

Plants had similar characteristics - short, stocky, good yields and a mixture of fruity and spicy aromas. (flowering time 7 days apart)

So I'm hoping for the best with the f3's that I have just started or it's start all over again and again.
I'll post some pics in about 4 weeks and then week 10 around harvest time regardless of the outcome.

Top Bottom