Backed Into A Corner And Looked To Craigslist To Get Out... Bad Idea

• Thread starter HairyRoots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HairyRoots

HairyRoots

So i took a good long break from growing, now im back in action. i started some of my seeds but as we all know seeds require time. So to get started i went on the hunt for clones. I unfortunately haven't met or ran into any good growers (in person) so i had two options. dispensary clones. or craigslist. Ive heard horror stories from both. i started looking on craigslist to see whats out there. found a couple peeps hit them up chatted looked at pics and kept turning it down moving on to the next option. i finally met with this kid that seemed pretty legit and knew what he was talking about. ive been growing for 10+ years now so i felt i could pick out the idiots trying to rip off the newbies. Well i was wrong way wrong. the guy offers me 3 options, $5 fresh cut, $8 in rockwool just rooted $10 well rooted and planted in cups. I went with the well rooted in cups. I donated $200 to him. two strains, 20 clones. he also told me, if they die on you take a picture of them and ill get you new ones. they looked very healthy really green. a little small but not an issue if they are healthy and rooted. i did the best check on them for bugs that i could in the parking lot lol. every thing seems good. i must have smoked way to much that day. because 24 hrs later, ive noticed they look a little weak. take some real good close look at them find they have bugs under the leave. ahhhh ok whatever i can control that. so i pick up one plant and i just so happen to pull on it from the stem just so slightly out of curiosity for how strong the roots actually are on these guys. NO ROOTS! i figured it was maybe just the one. i do what i can to care for them. another 24 hrs later the are all looking really bad. i start pulling a couple more stems. no roots. i don't want to pull them all just in case. wait another 24 hrs. they are all gone. i start pulling stems. NO ROOTS. So i hit the guy up show pictures call him out on the bugs, no roots. He ignores me. so now i am out $200, no clones, a week behind my schedule and now am so frustrated i dont know where to turn. Go hit up the dispensaries? at least i can get something rooted and from there i can take care of any pm or bugs that they bring in. Or just wait till my seeds are good to go. so frustrating. I just had to vent about it, and remind everyone. NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE, DON'T GET YOUR CLONES FROM CRAIGSLIST.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Man, sucks to not be able to find good clones. Take matters into your own hands and hit up Seedvaultofca and stop messing around with losers. Make your own genetics, and never look back. 200$ would get you two packs of bodhi seeds, and a mother that will poop on the "clones" you were promised.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I've got seed packs for days. I have 15 nightmare cookies from sin city popped right now. Males and females are being kept. The clones were to get something into flower while I am growing the seeds out.

summitoker

summitoker

That sucks ass. I am so grateful to have the few old cuts i obtained years ago still around, thanks to some good friends.....you will find something killer in those beans!

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Im thinking of just popping some more beans since the clones didn't work out. just can't decide if i want to do the Tangerine Power from SinCity or DayBreaker (Chemdog D x Joseph OG) from GageGreenGroup

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Im thinking of just popping some more beans since the clones didn't work out. just can't decide if i want to do the Tangerine Power from SinCity or DayBreaker (Chemdog D x Joseph OG) from GageGreenGroup
Do em both! Sorry to hear about that shady ass shit. That lil prick will probably get busted or beat up real soon pullin shit like that.

Karmas a bitch. Dont let him drag you down. Life is a lesson my friend. No matter how much we think we know, always something to learn.

Positive grow vibes!

P.s. i agree with bulldog, next time put that money where it belongs and find some bodhi seeds!!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

HOw much extra trouble is it to make rooted clones? Loosers!

I've got seed packs for days. I have 15 nightmare cookies from sin city popped right now. Males and females are being kept. The clones were to get something into flower while I am growing the seeds out.

Ahhh, I see. Been there, done that. High probability that's how I got russet mites. Good Luck finding what you need, and avoiding the low lives.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Does anyone have experience with the clone bar in Denver. I'm not looking for anything amazing or rare. My seeds will do that. So I'm thinking of going up to the clone bar and grabbing some shit. Any one hear anything good or bad

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Only a very good friend would admit his plants are not clean.
Only a very good grower will know 100% if their cuts are clean.

Only a very good friend who is a very good grower will be able to supply you with clean cuts.
This is a fantastic point, and you are awarded a Shrute Buck and two Stanley nickels.

Also, to the op, the first thing I was told is to give the stem a slight pull, and if it offers resistance, then roots are holding it. If your cuts weren't rooted that you'd just pull the cutting out, tell the guy to fuck off and leave.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Yea I wish I had gave them a little tug before I bought them. I'll admit I could have prevented this. But it was in a parking lot at 7-11 (sketchy as is) so it was hard to inspect.

Couldn't agree more about the good grower good friend thing. Last year when my other spot was running I had an issue with pm for about 3 months couldn't shake it. I have a couple of people that pick up clones from me and I had to tell them sorry. I'm not handing out clones that are prone to pm. Once I got my room under control again they got there cuts and never had issues.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

It's all good now, I'm over it. Live and learn until the day I die. Still looking for come clones but until I find the right source I've got 20 little sprouts to take care of. Also popped 5 space bomb from tga.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Clone bar is ok man kinda pricy but my buddy buys clones from the list all the time man I'm talking almost 100 different people he does spray some nastys on em when they first arrive he's found a lot of gems and a lot of. Crap next time hit a brother up us farmers got a stick together

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

Good to hear about the clone bar. I wouldn't bring them into my garden until I sprayed the hell out of them and kept them isolated for maybe 48hrs. It's just not worth ruining the rest of your plant. I keep my gardens clean. Try to anyways haha.

It had thought about coming to the farm to ask if anyone could get me cuts but felt it would be crossing the line in the rules of the forum. I've also been in Colorado for over 2 years now and haven't really hooked up with any good growers/farmers. I don't go out advertising myself as a grower or asking to get into other people's business. I'm still getting used to how out in the open everyone is about growing here in CO. I've been growing for about 10 years. I consider myself to be pretty decent. But I feel like I still have more to learn than what I already know. So I've been hoping to meet someone that could teach me a thing or two. Kinda the reason I came to Colorado. To meet people that are like minded. However I always seem to be the teacher, I want to be the apprentice for once. I've found allot of people that want to learn. Hard to find someone that is willing to teach. Thanks to these online forums I have learned everything I know :)

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea don't go getting banned man asking for cuts is a no no I'm just sayn if you contribute here sooner or later some one will manifest something for ya. I'm a co native man boulder county representative lol I'm here to learn I just spent the weekend with another farmer in co helping around his actual farm lol I learned so much about growing and life that it changed me for ever shoot me a pm bro I'd like to get to know ya a bit and see if we can't help each other out in some way or another I can't guarantee my cuts are clean but I can say I haven't seen a bug in over a year thanks to a good ipm and green cleaner

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

I've been reading on this site for a few years now. Just never posted. I'm starting to open up and share my passions with others and I've found pleasure in that.

Everyone here on the farm is super nice and helpful. I wouldn't want to do anything to get banned.

That's awesome you have a friend with a farm to go help on. I wish! I want to buy some land build a small home. Get some chickens maybe a goat or two and then enjoy life working the gardens and greenhouses.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha that's pretty much what my friend is doing check his posts out his name is chicken man he lives the dream

xavier7995

xavier7995

I don't go out advertising myself as a grower or asking to get into other people's business. I'm still getting used to how out in the open everyone is about growing here in CO. I've been growing for about 10 years. I consider myself to be pretty decent. But I feel like I still have more to learn than what I already know. So I've been hoping to meet someone that could teach me a thing or two. Kinda the reason I came to Colorado. To meet people that are like minded.

great reason to come out, similar to my own. The natural beauty is pretty swank as well. It is rather hard to meet people that are like minded, particularly once you get a bit older. That pushed me online and to just start jabbering with folks.
I didn't have much luck with clones myself, no recommendations.

HairyRoots

HairyRoots

chickenman is one of my favorite guys on here. love his work and passion for what he does. and his pics of the canyon are amazing. I think i have secretly dreamt of meeting him. just one day in his garden would be like reading an encyclopedia. haha there's actually ALLOT of peeps on here i could say that about. but chickenman seems to live the life that i will one day :)

Top Bottom