Backyardigan Grow #1

• Thread starter The HC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The HC

The HC

Earlier this year I had an indoor grow and out of 12 plants I started, 6 brought yields, but the yield was disappointing. should

Starting again only shifting to the backyard, with bigger plants and sure-female mainly clones, not seedlings. At one point there were 15, now it's 13.

It's a 50/50 between another patient and I. He put most of the money, but I'm the one doing most of the gardening and have the access to the property. He is part of at least one other grow, and mentioned that he might bring over another seedling (female bagseed though) to replace the male we had to cull. It was a very odd phenotype, the leaves were jagged and the trunk was very stretched and thin even though I purposely put it in an area that had really good light from morning until 6 even though it wasn't well hidden to try to help it out. Too bad the effort didn't pan out.

There are 7 plants in a homemade compost mix in the ground, they are all doing very well, many of them are LST'd. 2 Tahoe OGs, and one of each of the Master Kush, Tangerine OG, Platinum OG, Jilly Bean and one of The White that's much smaller then the other ones in the pit. Hoping for a pound or more from the pit. Most of them are in that 2-3' range, some are wider then they are tall.

There were 5 seedlings, 3 bagseed from a club (what kind of club gives out seedy weed?) of a strain called "Green Tea," 2 of the Hawaiian land-race. They are doing too swell on 38* latitude (smaller then my hand). Only one of the Green Tea's remain and she is doing well. It's a hybrid, sativa dominant, that seem to be all about the terminal bud. Replanted her from what I think is a gallon sized pot to double that or more of Black Gold with sand/clay mix below a couple days ago. The Hawaiians are still in the pots, and have no signs of sex.

There's a San Fernando Valley Kush in a mix of compost and Black Gold soil a two or more gallon hole filled. It's not doing as well as the ones in the pit, but it's still looking nice. Thinking about LSTing it, but I wonder if that's a bad idea since it's starting to flower.

I also have two GDPs. I just transferred one to the ground in a good sized hole of a soil mix, today. They're under a foot tall still. I'll need more soil before I can transplant the rest of the plants.

I'll get some photos as soon as I can.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy and welcome to the farm - look forward to some pix

The HC

The HC

I was able to get the photos to the gallery, but don't see how to bring them here.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when you hit post reply - on the right side there is a box with the smiileys - right under that is a small box that says my photos - click insert and viola!

The HC

The HC

Now, I feel dumb.

I need to rotate some of the photos, I was in a hurry this morning and forgot to do that. I'll post the one I don't have to first. Also, sorry about the quality, with my camera you can't tell if it's focus until you upload it really. You have to use the crappy screen image because it doesn't have a real view finder, making it hard to get a crisp shot. I'll try to get some better ones soon.

IMAG0009.JPG

The one in the soil is the Grand Daddy Purple, it was held back by it's pot, hope it will boom. The biggest plant in the pot is the larger Grand Daddy, not transplanted yet because I'm out of soil and it's doing fine. The other two are the Hawaiian land race. One of them has his a growth spurt recently, but their still behind.

IMAG0011.JPG

IMAG0012.JPG

Two pictures of the pound pit. It's too dense, it's too big for me to take a picture of the whole thing because the area is small and it's too dense to take a picture of a single one. In the bottom, the tall one is the Jellybean (C99 x Romulan) and the yellow one is a Tahoe, same with the one on the right of the top, only that ones doing fine with just the compost nutes.

The bottom center right on the bottom is the Tangerine. It's the same plant from the bottom left on the top picture. The center plant on the top is either Platinum OG, Big Bud, or Super Lemon Haze. I think it's the first of those.

The HC

The HC

I never really figured how to save the image flipped with the programs I have on my computer.I still have a disk for an arcsoft program around from my old computer though. Somewhere.

The picture is now 6 days old but the plant hasn't changed except just budding more.

A landscape picture just wouldn't do
IMAG0014.JPG

I just obtained another seedling around 1 and a half the size of that one. Has just started to flower though.

The HC

The HC

My co-grower is a handful. I used an over concentrated spray and it left some marks on our plants. He was telling me he wanted to stomp 2 of the bigger plants (still aren't flowering), and rip out the smaller ones.

After seeing it he comes over with 2 things of Miracle Gro bullshit. One of them looks like it's from the 70s and the other was some stupid shake n feed (doesn't even list the nutrient information). Still convinced that all have two days to live and that their not worth real nutes. I prefer the Schultz brand I have over these, and still plan on getting Advanced Nutrients and some Molasses.

Then later he's all exited and I suppose done with a 2 day non-stop moping. He's desperate to use the shake n feed. So fast he doesn't read directions, and ignores me telling him not to. He puts it everywhere while I try to stop him then while I'm describing it as a scam/gimmick on middle-aged/ elderly woman who are growing bullshit front lawn flowers not consumable cash crops, he admits that he got it from his girlfriend's grandma, and I realize it doesn't even show the NPK values and even worse it's fucking time release.

I had to go and get out 95% or more of them out of the ground, good thing he only put it on a few. It feeds for up to 3 months and some of these plants only have like 6 weeks left.

Otherwise there is yet another plant, it's one of the largest. Purple Gorilla, and I have pictures taken before I transplanted them all yesterday.

The HC

The HC

Not even close to possible with this grow. All but one of the plants started as a seed he had, a clone he bought or a plant his brother donated to help him with this years grow. The final one was a clone I told him to get and then paid him back for.

The HC

The HC

Here's the photos. Dear God I hate this camera, when taking them I was convinced that I was being still enough and they looked fine, but when I look at them on the computer it's a different story.

Here's the two new plants. They've both have been replanted into the ground with a mix of Kellogg Azalea, Earthgro Topsoil and Steer-manure, and SuperSoil Enriched Compost.
IMAG00191.JPG

This is the new Seedling, barely flowering.

IMAG0018.JPG

Purple Gorilla, very odd structure. Apparently it's a Sativa auto-purple as in it doesn't need temp variations to change color. Grew an indica kind last year that did this.

IMAG00221.JPG

Here's the top flower on the Green Tea.

IMAG00262.JPG

Top flower on the Tangerine OG I believe.

IMAG00274.JPG

My favorite plants so far, and contender for best in show is the Jelly Bean. This is the main flower.

IMAG00281.JPG

This is actually a bottom node on Master Kush, which is the expected highest yielder in the garden.

Those last two strains are ones I plan on getting for future gardens, for sure.

The HC

The HC

Does anyone know if incandescent light from inside the house could screw with the sleep schedule. I work hard to avoid it but my friend was telling me I'm wasting my time

Top Bottom