Bad genetics any one had experience with them?

• Thread starter Deforced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deforced

Deforced

Hi guys, I've popped a pack of 10fem seeds from barney's farm, now since they popped through the soil 5 out of the 10 have been looking really deformed, the other 5 are perfect growing healthy as can be. Also the 5 greenhouse seeds (velvet moon) are perfectly healthy and so are the 2 bubble runtz. I'm putting this down to bad genetics. Is it worth tossing them or can they fix themselves? What's your thoughts on this, im certain it's genetic problem. Thanks

Bad genetics any one had experience with them
Bad genetics any one had experience with them 2
Bad genetics any one had experience with them 3
Bad genetics any one had experience with them 4
2Bad

2Bad

Weird but interesting.. you normally grow in hydroton/coir? someone else just posted having issues with it in flower idk if u seen the post. Also whats ur humidity?

K

KieferStufferland

Unwritten rule #1 of Cannabis growing:

If one plant in your grow has an imbalance, they all have that same imbalance to some degree. Nutrition is always the answer no one likes.

All of your plants are overloaded with calcium, causing a boron deficiency. Some plants are more calcium tolerant than others. It doesn't mean you should breed for calcium tolerance. The end result of breeding for calcium-toxic fertilizer has been disastrous to the Cannabis gene pool.

Us old timers raised Boron, not calcium, to tune up our plants. That's the big secret. There is no calcium deficiency in Cannabis. Not a thing. Never was. You guys have all locked out boron on a generic level, and proceed to cull the deformed plants that have any original potential left, opting to keep the compliant nutritively-Gmo'ed stuff that turned purple as it's symptom.

I'd much rather see twisted leaves than purple petioles from a calcium poisoning.Cannabis bud has been bred away from cannabis seed oil production,and towards raw sugar production. All to sell pesticides, boosters flushersnand better new more powerful seeds every year.

Unwritten Rule #2 In Cannabis growing: Fix your fukkin calcium toxicity. There are no other rules guidelines or secrets to follow.

2Bad

2Bad

If one plant in your grow has an imbalance, they all have that same imbalance to some degree. Nutrition is always the answer no one likes.

All of your plants are overloaded with calcium, causing a boron deficiency. Some plants are more calcium tolerant than others. It doesn't mean you should breed for calcium tolerance. The end result of breeding for calcium-toxic fertilizer has been disastrous to the Cannabis gene pool.

Us old timers raised Boron, not calcium, to tune up our plants. That's the big secret. There is no calcium deficiency in Cannabis. Not a thing. Never was. You guys have all locked out boron on a generic level, and proceed to cull the deformed plants that have any original potential left, opting to keep the compliant nutritively-Gmo'ed stuff that turned purple as it's symptom.

I'd much rather see twisted leaves than purple petioles from a calcium poisoning.Cannabis bud has been bred away from cannabis seed oil production,and towards raw sugar production. All to sell pesticides, boosters flushersnand better new more powerful seeds every year.

Unwritten Rule #2 In Cannabis growing: Fix your fukkin calcium toxicity. There are no other rules guidelines or secrets to follow.
I have experienced putting my clones under T5's and I had beautiful light green petiole's but then when I put it under my LED and they turned purple/red quickly. Im just sharing my thoughts. I love your comment I love learning.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

You seem to know a lot. Care to post some pics of your plants? I’d be interested to see what weed is supposed to look like.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I have experienced putting my clones under T5's and I had beautiful light green petiole's but then when I put it under my LED and they turned purple/red quickly. Im just sharing my thoughts. I love your comment I love learning.

The UV in the LEDs are turning them purple...has nothing to do with calcium this boron that. Literally everyone growing with LEDs has purple petioles and green stems.

Notice how they look fine on new growth? It's like a sun tan. Anyways not sure why we are focusing on nutrients on plants that are barely 2 weeks old and haven't even dropped their cotyledons yet. I am growing some Barney's Farm genetics right now and yes I noticed some abnormalities early on in the veg growth. I chalked it up to the seeds being 8 years old but maybe there's more to it than that.

2Bad

2Bad

The UV in the LEDs are turning them purple...has nothing to do with calcium this boron that. Literally everyone growing with LEDs has purple petioles and green stems.

Notice how they look fine on new growth? It's like a sun tan. Anyways not sure why we are focusing on nutrients on plants that are barely 2 weeks old and haven't even dropped their cotyledons yet. I am growing some Barney's Farm genetics right now and yes I noticed some abnormalities early on in the veg growth. I chalked it up to the seeds being 8 years old but maybe there's more to it than that.
ty for clearing that up for me. And yea i mean that coco so dry

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Hiding your profile is sketchy to me... I did a search to find your posts and i dont think you are in a position to blast Barneys Farm just yet, or call out bad genes. I dont grow coco anymore but if i had to guess I'd say those are too sensitive to the hi ppm or EC you're driving into them.

Ponky

Ponky

You have a PPM of calcium in mind?

Deforced

Deforced

Weird but interesting.. you normally grow in hydroton/coir? someone else just posted having issues with it in flower idk if u seen the post. Also whats ur humidity?
Humidity is 70%, myself put it down to bad genetics, I've got 3 other strains all doing really well in the same environment pal

Deforced

Deforced

Hiding your profile is sketchy to me... I did a search to find your posts and i dont think you are in a position to blast Barneys Farm just yet, or call out bad genes. I dont grow coco anymore but if i had to guess I'd say those are too sensitive to the hi ppm or EC you're driving into them.
Hiding my profile? I'm not hiding anything lol I'm not here for an argument nor am I here to blast barney's farm, I've done plenty of runs with barney's and ran this exact same strain the exact same way. Alls I want is a straight answer weather its worth throwing the bad bunch and buying another 5pack. Doesn't mean I won't go and buy a 5pack of seeds from barney's of the same strain because that's what I was going to do so I'm far from criticising barney's!

Deforced

Deforced

By the way, my tap water ec is 0.5, I'm giving them a low dose of plant start which reaches 0.6ec. I'm literally giving these nothing, the edge of the coco looks a little dry but it's actually just the corner layer. Don't worry about that because the coco is soaking wet.

Deforced

Deforced

It must of done that when I made the account I'm unsure on how to make it so people can see? Only because I say it's bad genetics it doesn't mean I'm criticising them, I'm sure out of how many seeds they produce that there gonna have a bad bunch surely no matter how big of a seedbank they are.
View attachment 1239235
Im sorry...you were saying?...i was busy looking for a real person.

freezeland2

freezeland2

What spectrum of UV? Most LED’s need supplement UV if you want UV. Maybe I’m wrong on that. I’m running a HLG scorpion R spec but I also use a UVA supplement bar to obtain UV.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

What spectrum of UV? Most LED’s need supplement UV if you want UV. Maybe I’m wrong on that. I’m running a HLG scorpion R spec but I also use a UVA supplement bar to obtain UV.

Honestly not too sure to be honest, I just remember coming across this info in a few different sources. Red petioles = response to UV light. Yellow, chlorotic leaves along with red petioles is another story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom