bad luck going round

• Thread starter budseyeveiw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budseyeveiw

has anyone else ever bought quite expensive seeds, of your favorite strain ever and had them all turn out male? just checked all my serious seeds plants been vegging for ages and all male. i had to post here or cry..:( gutted..

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Ouch that hurts big time. I just spent 150 bucks for some TGA gear and got 7 males in 10 beans. I feel that pain.

alstotter

alstotter

Were you on a 18/6 or 24hr photoperiod? That's really really insane bad luck! The reason for the photoperiod question is I used to run 24 and got mostly males when I switched to 18/6 the numbers even'd a bit. FWIW

B

budseyeveiw

Were you on a 18/6 or 24hr photoperiod? That's really really insane bad luck! The reason for the photoperiod question is I used to run 24 and got mostly males when I switched to 18/6 the numbers even'd a bit. FWIW

yup lights on 24/7... on closer inspection i jumped the gun really,

i got 4 fems, out pf 11. so least ive got something to wrk with.

the strange thing is some had a beautiful orange peel smell, like a sweet clementine or something.. guess what? all the orange peelers were male.
kept two for a lil project.

the rest are skunky, or sandlewood or woody type smelling.

B

budseyeveiw

Ouch that hurts big time. I just spent 150 bucks for some TGA gear and got 7 males in 10 beans. I feel that pain.

the worst thing is butchering very nice healthy plants. breaks my heart lol

alstotter

alstotter

RIGHT?!

I got a few on the chopping block myself and it's sad :( I had such high hopes and expectations from them !

S

SLO Grown

I'm not surprised. Subzero sucks balls! They are most likely bag seeds from Subzeroooos Mexican OZ....

Haze

Haze

I know a lot of people that would LOVE to have 10 nice male phenos of their fav strain to choose from ;)

That is poor luck my friend. I hope karma sees your next pack of beans turn out all female.

B

budseyeveiw

I know a lot of people that would LOVE to have 10 nice male phenos of their fav strain to choose from ;)

That is poor luck my friend. I hope karma sees your next pack of beans turn out all female.

thanks man.. what do you need males??

W

wanderingwobble

over ten years of growing and ive never had that happen to me. worst ive ever had is 5 males out of ten seeds. i have however had 4 hermies out of a pack of 5 femmed. :/ better luck next time though.

Haze

Haze

thanks man.. what do you need males??

For breeding, my friend. I currently have my fingers crossed for a really nice male out of the Grapefruit Haze ( Next Gen ) beans I just popped. In fact, I am only interested in a male ( or 5 ) ;)

As for the comments on TGA/Subcool - Me and my circle have run quite a few of their stuff, never really let down, JTR is one of my associates favorite strain, he keeps it in the mainstay alongside such strains as Sour Diesel and Headband....

B

budseyeveiw

For breeding, my friend. I currently have my fingers crossed for a really nice male out of the Grapefruit Haze ( Next Gen ) beans I just popped. In fact, I am only interested in a male ( or 5 ) ;)

As for the comments on TGA/Subcool - Me and my circle have run quite a few of their stuff, never really let down, JTR is one of my associates favorite strain, he keeps it in the mainstay alongside such strains as Sour Diesel and Headband....

was definately one of my favorate it looked nice in veg even. i wanna see what the ak47 can do.

M

moneyorlove

D= i just popped some beans i hope i dont get the same ratio!

S

Sunbiz1

has anyone else ever bought quite expensive seeds, of your favorite strain ever and had them all turn out male? just checked all my serious seeds plants been vegging for ages and all male. i had to post here or cry..:( gutted..

Postings such as this is why I still use my own brands...sorry to hear about the bad seed.

B

budseyeveiw

Postings such as this is why I still use my own brands...sorry to hear about the bad seed.

well tbh serious seeds are quality from what ive read over and over again and i guess you take the risk with regular seeds. im happier that feminized have been out of stock because id rather not risk hermies and just have a regular plant. but yep it sucks a bit. what seeds do you use?

Top Bottom