Bad seeds/virus/WTF!?

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

hey folks..so i started a small dwc 2 pots..first hydro run..got 2 northern lights runnin now but one is suffering..i had one in my lastsoil run do this same thing n thought it was a Z deficeincy and treated as that but still had to cull it..my ph is 5.7 checked daily slowly goes up a point a day approx..using distilled water and ppm after nutes (gh grow) is at 350/400..I dont kno wats goin on any input wether deficiency/desease/virus!?..heres pic of the lil one and i think i have pics from thesoil run..same batch of seeds
Bad seedsviruswtf
Bad seedsviruswtf 2
Bad seedsviruswtf 3

north knect

north knect

heres a pic of the 2 eunnin together..same water so i dint kno why just one is doin it unless it was the seed..and my soil run il show a pic..all seedling were fed the exact same and just one went like that
IMG 20140903 172117
IMG 20140527 194300

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Man, that doesn't look good. Looks like it could be a real bad russet mite or thrips infestation, or viral. Don't really know for sure, never had a plant go like that on me.

north knect

north knect

i treated it last time for mites amd nothing..i grew 6 strains(30) total this summer OD season and only one northernlight did that..now i did 2 NL seeds and one does it lol..i didnt remove my last one from the rest till it pretty well fell over on its own so i cant see it being any sort of pest/mite issue...unless there is sumthing of the sort that wont leave the plant once its there? idk im stressin..didnt get much help last time but i think i posted ut as a deficiency..im hopin its just somthing to do with that batch of seeds and not my room/surrounding/mites

north knect

north knect

ya its is a possibilty but i want to kno for sure..hopfully sombody takes a peek and recognizes the culprit lol

V

vek11

If you could give a few more details then that would be great like res temps,nutrient brand,lighting and were your seeds come from. This can give a better idea of a possible culprit! My visual interpretation is that your having small pH issues and lockout of some sort.

north knect

north knect

the res temps are around 20-23C..running 2 200watt Cfls..northernlights from GTA seed bank(world of seeds) was the breeder..nutes are generalhydroponics brand..using half strength..ph was an issue which both plants suffered and rebounded then this..

V

vek11

You definitely have something going on at the root zone, over 95% of most plant issues begin at the root zone! I'd change out the res thoroughly flush your plants for a few hours to relieve them of any salts and unwanted particles. A good practice would be to lower the nute strength to 1/4 this will give them a moment to rebound and get healthy.

north knect

north knect

one step ahead of ya pal..already switched out res and flushed with tap water(ph6.4) for bout half hour the 1gallon distilled per pot and ran no nutes for 2days then 1/4 for 2days and bk at half today cuz the other seedlin in the setup is thriving..boths plants are in the same res..if it was ph or nutes wouldnt both plants be affected?

north knect

north knect

along wuth the one i had in my soil run they are the only 2 of 32 seeds iv done in 4 months..and the 2 were 2 out of 7 northernlights from the same batch of sedds..is it possible its the seeds that came with a disease or virus?

Myth

Myth

Don't get mad at me, but you said it was your first hydro run so i gotta ask dumb shit. What was your exact gh mix you used per gallon? Are you following their feeding shedule? You stated you used gh grow at low ppm, but hopefully not just grow? I suck at the conversion, but will look up what 23c is in f. When I ran DWC, I kept water temps at 60f on the money, and kept daytime/night time temps within a 15 degree margin.

V

vek11

Not necessarily, even plants from same parents can still have different wants and needs as far as nutrients and environment! If all your vitals are good then it could just possibly be a bad plant!

Myth

Myth

Diff strains do react diff to ph and nute strength, but not at the stated levels. Also, I've never heard of seeds that come all pre-virused up...

V

vek11

A very detailed description of your log or grow journal will almost pinpoint your issue!

V

vek11

Diff strains do react diff to ph and nute strength, but not at the stated levels. Also, I've never heard of seeds that come all pre-virused up...
Not common but seeds can have genetic flaws and get passed down diseases. A sick plant producing seeds can pass on all kind of illness! I won't go deep into this topic but if one plant is doing fine then most likely the other is just less of a plant, health wise that is.

north knect

north knect

yesbits my first run and i went in clueless cuz i saw the cute lil setup for 50bucks at the hydrostore n my wife bought ut for fathersday lol..wasnt my first choice but figure trybit small b4 goin big..and icant remember of hand the ml pergallen but i dividedbit by 4 to get my qaurter dose lol..i think 23 it about 70? im in canada lol..they teach us about ur history but not normal everyday conversions lol..go figure haha..but like i mentioned..if both pots are in the same res why is one thriving and the other wiltin to nothin? iv read of a crinkle leaf mutation..any chance of that?

north knect

north knect

the new leafs are growing at the same rate as the healthy one just in a "crinkled" matter

north knect

north knect

im not planning on keepin this one goin if she dont turn around in the next few days..iv got a grapefruit clone to throw in i just want to kno why its doin this

Top Bottom