Bad Seeds?

• Thread starter StonedBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I just received a shipment of seeds. I mentioned how much i was looking forward to grow out reeferman gear. I got 5 strains and couldn't decide what to start with. He told me I didn't get reeferman gear because Old School Breeders Association rips off breeders.
Is this true?
If so are their seeds any good? Is there any reeferman genetics in them or are they random seeds?
If fake that puts me in between a rock and a hard spot. I need seeds and can't afford to buy more now. But I have an ethical problem planting rip offs.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yes its true.they been rippin reefer off for years and putting a suprising amount of effort into ripping him off.they had fancey ads in mags the full works.all ripping off another breeders name.i mean with the effort they went to and money yhey woulda spent on ads and fancey packaging they coulda started theyr own legit seed co under theyr own name.
the real deal reeferman is called charles scott at scott family farms now i think.msybe @Reeferman can chime in on this sudject.
you can buy his real deal legit stuff right here.

nurlord

nurlord

#%&$:
Is the stuff they sell worth planting?

I've grown out some of their gear myself thinking they were legit. The Cherry Bomb was decent. The Harmony good. I think that one is crossed with something though. I've grown real Harmony and it wasn't as stretchy as the fakes. Their GTK is bunk, and their black tuna was bunk. The one they advertise as Harmony x Thai was pretty good. Unique taste and huge yields.

nurlord

nurlord

I've got tuna Kush, Cinderella, black willy cbd, harmony and something else
Funny when I ordered I wanted the Tuna but they said it wasn't anywhere near as good as the Black Tuna. The guy said he felt Reeferman had lost his touch and that their in house breeders were doing a better job. I disagree. I wish I would have know that Reef had nothing to do with the breedings. I still don't know why it took him so long to speak up on the matter.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I would have expected a sticky in this forum. It was here I was told about the site as a place to get his seeds.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
If oldschoolba is selling fake seeds, why are they listed on reefermangenetics.com?

william76

william76

I think he did work with them when the company was first started,then he left,so it may be his genetics but worked by somebody else,so they wont be the same.76

trickle

trickle

This is confusing as hell ... so the 'reeferman' brand is now run by some rando's ?

lino

lino

There is no regulation or regulators regarding cannabis seed that get you high. Other plant species seed companies go thru critical evaluation of seed stock. Germ rates and many test, packageing is statements must meet consumer expectations or they're removed from doing biz. As it stands under colo and fed guidelines it is impossible to grow true organic cannabis with 96% of seed aval.

Are there any cannabis seed companies that document breeding charts and Gov tested seed?
Are there any cannabis seed companies that offer documented grow results for seed, germ rates, seed pics and size, leaf patterns, leaf stem colors, leaf stem length ratios, uniformity pics, leaf to hair ratio, and on and on , lots of 1 Shot Bud pics tho,

If cannabis seed sales were legal there are no seed companies that could QUALIFY "ORGANIC" and all of them are Not in Gov State & Fed compliance standards, they're strict standards and regulated more than you'd expect.
I have NEVER seen on 'genetic designation' for cannabis seed stock,. my old seed site was the only seed stock Ive ever seen with documented charted - tested strains. from the 70's and up.

Hold growers and breeders accountable!

I have ranted until I blu in the face about name conventions. If we would follow the nomenclature for cannabis seeds we would be able do breed efficiently with good cannabis seed stock. THE QUESTION IN THIS THREAD WOULD NOT BE QUESTIONS. Here in lays the problem.

This naming convention is bout 2-3 wks of a college course if properly taught. This is a critical key to everything that has to with breeding and growing cannabis, If ya dont know what it is you wont know what How it likes to grow, ...
Go to your local Coop (produce farmer or rancher) tell them you want to grow corn (maize) out in S.E. colo with almost no water and you have no irrigation... They'll sell you a bag of expensive seed on a Gov loan that will grow witn no water,,, they'll ask you where your farm is (exactly) so they no which seed will yield the best be it the local area- valley, riverbottom, or desert plains.
Nomenclature of cannabis, I'm not going to go over it again but FYI, each Capital letter, italics, period. , abbrev. , parenthesis, name has a purpose for identifying the plant and grower, founder, and breeders.
Cannabis sativa L. ssp. indica (Lam.) E. Small & Cronquist

FYI
No its not vanity as I get accused of all the time. By most of you.

NL X (Little.Lino - aka Little Lino Bud) = lol naming convention Light Out Lino bud. get it, you know the breeders, grower, and founder in one name of scientific naming convention.
Ah I'm not going thru all the BS again, but you see what I'm saying.

LinoLicious
Purple Haze x LinoLicious made PurpleLicious
scientific name ;
Cannabis sativa L. ssp. indica (Lam.) E. Small & Cronquist PurpleLicious.Lino

The biologist, whatever language he speaks, can go look up PurpleLicious.Lino to find it origins. Get it?
Then he'd go look up LinoLicious.Lino, now this biologist does not have to wait till F3 to find all the Pheno's and Genetic Designations that will occur during his breeding project... If you dont have SOLID SEED STOCK your not breeder , just sayN... Yes I have the worlds funniest and largest seed bank on youTube,,,

There is no way to breed cannabis with proper names and genetic designations, but shsss I'm trying to change this very soon.

To us the 1st name makes more sense. But a scientist would be like wtf is PurpleLicious.Lino. He'd be like; I know that famous Lino guy but who the fuk is Jimmy Hendrix's Purple Haze..?

Last edited:
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
If reeferman has oldschoolba listed on his website then he must be okay with them now? Why would he advertise for someone stealing his Genetics?

nurlord

nurlord

If reeferman has oldschoolba listed on his website then he must be okay with them now? Why would he advertise for someone stealing his Genetics?

Bro this has been explained to you above, that's not Reeferman's website. Reef couldn't copyright the name for the purpose of selling seeds. Anyone can put up a seedsite using another company's name in terms of Cannabusiness. He said as soon as the law allows he will fight for his name. Also the original is Reeferman Seeds. These other guys are Reeferman Genetics. They are not using original parental stock. They are using F2's and crosses. They told me as much themselves.

Reeferman (Charles Scott) is currently living outside of North America and continuing his breeding work. I believe there was going to be a partnership of sorts but it never panned out. Some guy ended up with some plants and started Reeferman Genetics. As I stated in the other post they say they do better work. They don't. Reeferman had a falling out with Logic and Reeferman is locked out of this site(Of course my saying that will probably get this post deleted.) So he's not going put up a sticky and this site sells real Reeferman seeds so they aren't going to be expecting people to come here to get info about shopping elsewhere. They'd expect if your a member here to be buying from here.

I'm sure Reef discusses the issue with fakes on this forum somewhere.

lino

lino

Again, I only know of one breeder that uses scientific naming conventions so there is no way to track seeds. Therefore there is no verified seed stock,, its all mutt's and folklore and some fake sites and strains w/o documents. This makes for controversy and conspiracy and no real pure Kind Bud strains... Some good F1's that are not breeding stock tho...

This makes for GMO Fem seed market... They can hide their genetics , give you what you think is stable , and if breed with it , it produces weak GMO's plants and bad for our human health....

We had a realignment of cannabis genetics and the naming among the scientist community but most peeps dont even know about that so how can you breed if you dont even know the scientific names. Farmers think that classification is still Sativa, Indica and Ruddy's and dont understand that it was brokens down differently, we had it wrong , its different now, but it doesnt matter for this site, cuz we Farmers here dont breed in communities (Coop's), or have Genetic Designations so ppl just sling pollen against the wall and see what sticks... I Think in Northern Cali there is still some community males and organized private breeding, not sure anymore - there was in the ol days.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
@lino what are the chieftain designations

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Bro this has been explained to you above, that's not Reeferman's website.
Excuse me? I've mentioned reeferman genetics once and it was never mentioned before in this thread. Read before getting testy. Smoke up.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
That didn't post right. Redo -
nurlord said: ↑
Bro this has been explained to you above, that's not Reeferman's website.
Unquote
Excuse me? I've mentioned reeferman genetics once and it was never mentioned before in this thread. Read before getting testy. Smoke up.

Top Bottom