Not open for further replies.
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
C7r3gJKVwAA3uug.jpg

Freshone

Freshone

I myself choose to remember the good teachers I had and forget the rest.There are tons of idiots in every profession including growing but I'm not going to make a thread about them.
Just my opinion but a thread about the best teachers seems more appropriate,fuck the bad ones,let them go down in history as unremarkable.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I myself choose to remember the good teachers I had and forget the rest.There are tons of idiots in every profession including growing but I'm not going to make a thread about them.
Just my opinion but a thread about the best teachers seems more appropriate,fuck the bad ones,let them go down in history as unremarkable.

My mother...
Mom

My mother taught 1st and 3rd grade for 45 years in the Palo Alto school district...
She started teaching in Cheyanne Wyoming teaching Indian kids who were mostly barefoot in a school with a dirt floor.
she was old school for sure, raise you hand, classroom rules were in force.
Every student was very special to her. I worked as a janitor for the district for a couple of years.
The respect she had from the principals, students and teachers was outstanding.
She would keep kids who were behind after school just about daily to help get caught up, worked with parents on family issues, she loved all her students and we still have the letters from the kids and parents that were full of love and would make you cry reading.
she volunteered many summers and I would go help teaching summer school across the tracks to the black kids who needed help getting caught up.
She did a book drive for kids in Fiji when the district discarded their school books.
she gave her all to her students..
A great woman who died in my arms...

Last edited:
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, sounds good. Let the good teacher stories flow in also. Start us off @Freshone?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I will start off with a quick couple.

Good: I had a teacher from 7th grade that took me to downtown SF and showed me a ton of real life stuff. She was a math teacher, and a great one. I was taking geometry from her, and was worried about walking to the high school in middle school. She prepped me for that, and much more with showing me real life in SF. Could this even be done today?

Bad: We had a school yard guy in high school that would catch people ditching, smoking weed, ext ext. He eventually became a teacher. On Halloween when I 17ish there was a house party that we crashed. Reason we crashed, huge bong in the window and we wanted to smoke. Loaded up the bong and we all hit it a couple times. As we finish up, we look across the room, and wouldn't you know, it was dudes house, and bong. Guy gets kids in trouble for smoking, yet throws parties with 3 ft bongs in the window.

Had another school yard guy, never a teacher, that I was randomly paired up with at a golf tee time 5-10 years after high school. I pulled out some smoke, and he asked if he could hit it. lol. Another guy getting people in trouble for smoking, yet smokes. This guy was actually really cool, and let a ton of stuff slide.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I had a drill sergeant at Fort Benning that was Grade A douchebag and made us do side straddle hops (jumping jacks) in a field during a crazy Georgia thunderstorm for an hour. He took a vacation after that but he taught me a lesson in life/death that I wont forget.

jipp

jipp

hah , we had a janitor named.. bob we all called him b0b bitchen.. he caught us smoking several times and just said tsk tsk back to class boys. hah

mr crow.. coolest wood shop teacher ever.. c
* he let me advance way above the other kids.. because i could*

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I dated the janitors daughter. It felt like he was always watching us, lol. It was a teenage fling, but she was too hot for me. Just didn't know it yet, ;)

Dan789

Dan789

Man, you guys went to way different schools than I did. None came close to this, closest was my 10th grade English teacher. She was always sporting a couple hickey's on her neck. She'd sit up on the front of her desk, lots of the guys would start dropping pencils for a "hole shot". Funny to think back.

Last edited:
jipp

jipp

its sad race has became a political issue, instead of a human kind problem that has been here from the first steps we ever made.

well probably not so much when we were cavemen. hah
chris.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Hear hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom