Badass Chick With A Dream

• Thread starter Neter Sentra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm at a loss came home to find 3/4 of my biggest pasture burnt to the ground.....wanna cry don't have enough for hay all winter and now I don't have fields to feed....farming is like growing it's all about working through the problems.....it's never about reaping the rewards....at least for me.

I can't do much but cry and hit this joint. Ok time to get creative.
WTF how that happen???

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I'm at a loss came home to find 3/4 of my biggest pasture burnt to the ground.....wanna cry don't have enough for hay all winter and now I don't have fields to feed....farming is like growing it's all about working through the problems.....it's never about reaping the rewards....at least for me.

Hate to hear that. It has been pretty dry, and with the winds we get... Yikes. Let me know if I can help.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I grew up reading Marguerite Henry, and once I read King of the Wind, I HAD to have an Arabian. My mother "indulged" me with a Nabor++ bred gelding named Barna-B-Gazi. And boy was that horse a Barney! I love my hotblooded horses, though. Nothin' pushbutton about them.

But, what I love more is a good working horse, so for me it's any horse that can work a cow. I've never had the opportunity to do it, but I had a farrier who was a great cow horseman and we'd spend the whole shoeing session talking about his cutting and roping horses.

It's time to call on other resources. Do you have them? I mean, I'm down here in SoCal, just drove through Arizona and New Mexico and saw TONS of alfalfa being harvested. I know it's expensive, but given the number of head you're running I'm wondering if there may be a program to help you offset your costs. Let me know if you'd like me to do some digging.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Lots of early hay was rained on, in the Arkansas Valley. I paid $130 a ton delivered, for horse hay. My wife does the books for a hay broker. I can do some pricing. Or, I can ask around about lease pastures.

C

Coronel

View attachment 648643

Can they get any cuter!
Yep, in their steak form...

Sorry to hear about your pasture, hope you manage i can relate.

This year (last) has been crap were i live too much rain, too hot a summer, the cows are surviving on corn but they are drunk most of the time, not good for the milk :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom