Bag seed from Georgia Pie

• Thread starter Powerstroke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Powerstroke

Powerstroke

Hello! My first time ever posting in the forum, and I couldn't find a newbie section so this will be my introduction. I am a relatively new grower in my 3rd attempt. I don't count the first as it was a clone handed to me ready to flip into flower, and all nutes were pre-made and given to me. That first one was decent and my first 2 attempts were garbage.

But I decided to start again with a bag seed from Georgia Pie by Cookies. This is 33 days into flower with a 10 gallon fabric pot.

For my setup:

Spiderfarmer sf4000

Some 4x4 tent

Not sure fan, it was given to me but has 6" ducting

10 gal fabric pot

Happy frog soil

Fox farm trio liquid nutes with 3 flowering nutes (beastie blooms, cha ching and I forget the other one...) cal-mag from fox farms and unsulfered molasses.

2 x 2' T5 fixures with agromax 75/25 ub-uva bulbs

I will post more info and pics from beginning so you all can critique me amd fix any errors. Thanks y'all!
Bag seed from georgia pie
Bag seed from georgia pie 2
Bag seed from georgia pie 3
Bag seed from georgia pie 4

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Careful using uv. I've done a little tinkering with it when I was able to grow. It's very easy to overdo it. You should be OK though since your off majority of time. I had uv diodes as part of my spectrum. So it was uvb and on 100% of light uptime. This was when we were first adding uvb to lights XD. Also I just noticed you're running beastie trio. BE VERY CAREFUL. Lol they are extremely hot mixes, and almost every time I used open sesame I ended up with herms, this was early during my career though. But I would still be cautious with open sesame

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

Careful using uv. I've done a little tinkering with it when I was able to grow. It's very easy to overdo it. You should be OK though since your off majority of time. I had uv diodes as part of my spectrum. So it was uvb and on 100% of light uptime. This was when we were first adding uvb to lights XD
I was about to blast it when my friend did 6 hours on a grow. It didn't look as good as his 3 or 4 hour exposed plants.

3 hours should be my max.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Yeah I'm pretty sure the idea behind it is that uvb is in a unique range where it's strong enough to degrade plant cells, but weak enough to do it slow enough that the plant has an opportunity to "defend" itself by secreting more resin because it thinks its being attacked. Not 100% sure but that's what I gathered when I was looking into it.

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

Yeah I'm pretty sure the idea behind it is that uvb is in a unique range where it's strong enough to degrade plant cells, but weak enough to do it slow enough that the plant has an opportunity to "defend" itself by secreting more resin because it thinks its being attacked. Not 100% sure but that's what I gathered when I was looking into it.
The way I understood it was there is a tradeoff between degrading terps and producing them as well as loss of bud size. I try to wait for half way thru flower then slowly up it, but not so much it shrinks your yeild. Also it can male them turn amber too quickly if you use it too much.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

The way I understood it was there is a tradeoff between degrading terps and producing them as well as loss of bud size. I try to wait for half way thru flower then slowly up it, but not so much it shrinks your yeild. Also it can male them turn amber too quickly if you use it too much.
Took some digging but I found some pics from the groe I was talking about :) this was the one I had the uvb nodes built into the light. They got BLASTED lol but interestingly enough the buds were slightly smaller than normal but they were extremely potent when harvested.

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

I have it at 11.5 hours on and 12.5 off for my lights. I figure more time off will allow more time for the trichs to develop from the uvb exposure.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I have it at 11.5 hours on and 12.5 off for my lights. I figure more time off will allow more time for the trichs to develop from the uvb exposure.
Thats an interesting topic that I've always wondered about. Less light = less energy to create trichs but less light also = faster maturation XD so idk???? Lol

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

The way it was explained to me was trichs develop during lights off. So a little trade off might allow proper growth and hopefully not so much shrinkage.

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

A few clones. Might make a mother out of her if this grows good. Then 2 clones will join with te re-vegged mom, and the weaker looking clone will grow outdoors.

20230508 143413
20230508 143418
20230508 143408
PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

Hey there and welcome to the forum! It's great to hear that you're on your 3rd attempt at growing and that you're trying out a bag seed from Georgia Pie by Cookies. Your setup sounds pretty good so far, especially with the Spiderfarmer sf4000 and the 4x4 tent. Happy Frog soil is also a great choice

Powerstroke

Powerstroke

Just for a day by day comparison of growth, this is day 35.

Going to 40 minutes on, 20 off for 3 X with the uvb lights.

20230510 190010
20230510 190025
20230510 190108

Please let me know if something looks off. And how bad is bag seed for growing? I know it can be hit or miss, but are the genetics damaged by being a possible hermie seed?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
your doing well looks good
Bagseed can be a lot better than the nug you found it in due to handling being in a bag and well just not loved like the personal home grower does 🙂

Top Bottom