• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 96 (day 49 of flower (7week))

Today is end of week 7, start of week 8.

She is about under %1 amber trichomes so far. She is mostly milky trichomes about %90-95. Just waiting on the remaining clear to become milky. I'm watching the trich's so if they hit a certain point I will harvest. Even if a few clear trichomes are left.

I'm aiming for up to 8 weeks flowering time. But today at week 7 it looks ripe enough to harvest. Considering I only had 1 lady I'd like to maximize her yield/quality.

The metal halide bulb has seemed to make a noticeable frost difference since it has been installed. I'm hoping the fuller spectrum gives me some higher quality flowers.

The rh% has been between %25-%40 through flower. Now reaching the end it has stabilized at %40.

She has slowed down drinking water the last week or so.

I switched the light cycle to 9/15 today. I kept the light cycle changes at 1 week intervals starting after week 4.

Trucker

Trucker

Day 96 (day 49 of flower (7week))

Today is end of week 7, start of week 8.

She is about under %1 amber trichomes so far. She is mostly milky trichomes about %90-95. Just waiting on the remaining clear to become milky. I'm watching the trich's so if they hit a certain point I will harvest. Even if a few clear trichomes are left.

I'm aiming for up to 8 weeks flowering time. But today at week 7 it looks ripe enough to harvest. Considering I only had 1 lady I'd like to maximize her yield/quality.

The metal halide bulb has seemed to make a noticeable frost difference since it has been installed. I'm hoping the fuller spectrum gives me some higher quality flowers.

The rh% has been between %25-%40 through flower. Now reaching the end it has stabilized at %40.

She has slowed down drinking water the last week or so.

I switched the light cycle to 9/15 today. I kept the light cycle changes at 1 week intervals starting after week 4.
Hey @rmoltis being a fellow SWPA what was your increase on your electric with the setup your running if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey @rmoltis being a fellow SWPA what was your increase on your electric with the setup your running if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks

It is between $20-30month extra depending on what phase of growth and what season it is outside. The things that consume electricity related to the plant is 400w ballast +bulbs, inline exhaust fan, clip on fan for circulation, air stone for bubbling nutes, and air conditioning from time to time.

Being a 400w light I could run the whole tent system off 1 outlet.
Perfect for someone who only needs personal supply.

In all honesty my a/c unit & dehumidifier the past 4 years have Given us the biggest electricity bills during summer. Seems once we switch to gas for heat in the winter our bill drops %50+

I really enjoy my tent setup.
It is small yet powerful.

Last edited:
Trucker

Trucker

It is between $20-30month extra depending on what phase of growth and what season it is outside. The things that consume electricity related to the plant is 400w ballast +bulbs, inline exhaust fan, clip on fan for circulation, air stone for bubbling nutes, and air conditioning from time to time.

Being a 400w light I could run the whole tent system off 1 outlet.
Perfect for someone who only needs personal supply.

In all honesty my a/c unit & dehumidifier the past 4 years have Given us the biggest electricity bills during summer. Seems once we switch to gas for heat in the winter our bill drops %50+

I really enjoy my tent setup.
It is small yet powerful.
Just trying to get a rough estimate as to what I would expect with my setup :)
Thanks

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Yesterday was the last day with lights on in the tent. I'm 3 days from harvest so I'm getting her ready.

I'm also letting the soil dry out. It has been 4 days since last watering. And the drying out should help slightly with thc production & early drying/curing.

Has anyone ever dried their plant in the soil it's planted in? For example I'm a day past normal watering and the soil should get bone dry within a day or two (guess).

So if for example I expose the rootball/ soil to the air that constantly cycles in the tent. It would help with this speed dry process. Would it work?

Would I get some sort of extra something from the plant still being attached to its roots during the drying/curing?

Just an idea I have been mulling over for a while.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Alright guys. Today is week 8 of flower (or day 105 from sprout).

It has been sitting in the dark for 52hrs as of now. Checked on her last night her leaves are "V"-ing to help conserve moisture even though it has been dark and °67-69 in the tent. The humidity is at %26 and her soil is just about bone dry.

I can either chop her today or let her continue drying out in soil. Still undecided :sweating:

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Gave her the chop today.
I made sure to do it in the pitch black darkness to keep nutes in the roots.

I used my Leatherman wave wood saw to cut her down. The trunk was a woody "1 thick so I had to work for it.
20160516 134251

20160516 134541

All her branches are woody and tough like that one.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Once said and done taking pictures I hung her up in the tent. Leaving the lights off, but leaving the exhaust fan on idle to cycle air during drying. This will keep the stank filtered during drying.
20160516 145418

Once hung I raised the humidity in the house up to %55. I did this by plugging in my cool mist humidifier.
And by boiling about 1 gal of water on the stove to hurry the process.
I may have to repeat as necessary to keep humidity up.
20160516 145504

Now it's just a waiting game

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
From start to harvest.
This whole experience has been great.

I lucked out on a bagseed that turned out to be beautiful. I did not expect to get one with color to it. This one seems to have purple everywhere.

I enjoyed using the earth juice lineup. The earth juice nutes never burned her at any stage of her life. But lack of experience showed me I could have used more of certain nutrients at certain times.

The smell she put off today when I opened the tent after 50+ hrs in the dark was pretty skunky. She stinks like a skunk but when I touch the flowers and smell my fingers she has a sour apple/Berry kinda smell to her.

I will be interested in seeing how she smells/tastes after a good cure.

On a side note. Can you re veg a stump? Specifically one with no vegetation left just a small "1 tall stump.

OutdoorOH

OutdoorOH

Awesome work bud, she definitely turned out to be a beauty. Can't wait for the smoke report. I bet you'll really enjoy your hard work .

str8smokn

str8smokn

No you need some greenery left on her to revegg.
Looks like some fine wine from a seed found in the bottle..
I've got a GSC bag seed blooming outdoors right now who is full on purple.
Great grow log my friend.
STR8

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Gave her the chop today.
I made sure to do it in the pitch black darkness to keep nutes in the roots.

I used my Leatherman wave wood saw to cut her down. The trunk was a woody "1 thick so I had to work for it.
View attachment 600362
View attachment 600363

All her branches are woody and tough like that one.

That trunk is only 15/16 ths of an inch, stop embellishing....... ;) :p I love you man. You did a nice job with the manifolding. Your thoughts on letting it dry n cure somewhat is a interesting approach. I'm fairly certain I don't know anyone that has done it that way. What could it hurt ? , I guess I would ask. And again, I'm not sure it would hurt anything. Maybe someone that has used this route will pipe in.

Top Bottom