Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

So ...

I tell all my doctors I'm allergic to nsaids (ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, motrin, etc)

The doctor I got my 2nd opinion from tried to find a suitable anti-inflammatory that worked well with my body.

He called the pharmacist for pharmacological advice.

They gave me one called torridal.
One that specifically states if your allergic to the other nsaids NOT TO TAKE IT.

well I had taken it today.
And while it reduced my discomfort.
It caused some problems.

At work I am usually very happy, energetic, talkative, i sing to my radio , talk shit, and joke around. While working tough.

I started off the day working, singing.

Then I started not singing.
Slowly stopped talking.
Then my work getting done started to fall far behind the others.

I started feeling strong confusion.
I got very dizzy.
Got very hot and nauseous..
And I started having a hard time talking and thinking.

I had to stop working at the first break mark.

Called my doctor and they said I was having an allergic reaction.

I couldn't drive.
Luckily my boss showed up on site, he gave me a ride to the wife in my car. Wife drove him to back to the jobsite and I came home.

I'm really pissed that they prescribed me something that is listed as an allergy on file.

The doctors always assume I say it to score pain killers. They judge me then force medicines on me in allergic to.....

It's the same cycle with any doc I see.
They think nsaids are the solve every pain problem drug.

I fucking hate doctors. They all suck at their jobs... They ignore me then judge me... Then they give me things I shouldn't have. It was like they did it on purpose to see what would happen.

Today was a bad day...
hang in there bro....get feeling better

Ecompost

Ecompost

I've started a compost in my back yard. It will take some time but down the road I plan to utilize it and try some soil. Down the road. Also for our vegetable garden. I still need a lot of education in the subject.
dont we all brother :-) The thing is you have acknowledged the significance of the soil beyond a simple base for cations and anions and therefore, you are starting to see the vital role things like good compost play(s) in the results of the food you eat, just as we all try to give our plants the best we can so we get the toughest, hardest, sweetest ganja, we should be doing this to ourselves mate. good home made compost, with locally resonant biology will give your body and its cells a better chance at defeating the pollutants of modern life than those shopping at walmart for greens

Ecompost

Ecompost

So ...

I tell all my doctors I'm allergic to nsaids (ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin, motrin, etc)

The doctor I got my 2nd opinion from tried to find a suitable anti-inflammatory that worked well with my body.

He called the pharmacist for pharmacological advice.

They gave me one called torridal.
One that specifically states if your allergic to the other nsaids NOT TO TAKE IT.

well I had taken it today.
And while it reduced my discomfort.
It caused some problems.

At work I am usually very happy, energetic, talkative, i sing to my radio , talk shit, and joke around. While working tough.

I started off the day working, singing.

Then I started not singing.
Slowly stopped talking.
Then my work getting done started to fall far behind the others.

I started feeling strong confusion.
I got very dizzy.
Got very hot and nauseous..
And I started having a hard time talking and thinking.

I had to stop working at the first break mark.

Called my doctor and they said I was having an allergic reaction.

I couldn't drive.
Luckily my boss showed up on site, he gave me a ride to the wife in my car. Wife drove him to back to the jobsite and I came home.

I'm really pissed that they prescribed me something that is listed as an allergy on file.

The doctors always assume I say it to score pain killers. They judge me then force medicines on me in allergic to.....

It's the same cycle with any doc I see.
They think nsaids are the solve every pain problem drug.

I fucking hate doctors. They all suck at their jobs... They ignore me then judge me... Then they give me things I shouldn't have. It was like they did it on purpose to see what would happen.

Today was a bad day...
Doctors are university trained drug dealers, pushing corporate drugs which they call medicines, which are themselves actual drugs, like the ones in Afghanistan, and if i make them myself..... very few of these so called medical professionals are good doctors, they are however, extremely profitable drug dealers

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
lovely plants bro, all that and feeling whack, this proves you got game :)

Thanks @Ecompost :)

I picked up quite a Bit of organic knowledge from you.

The more grows go by the more I learn how to feed the soil.

I can't yet start making supersoil.
But I am learning how to utilize bagged soil more effectively with less bottled inputs.

It is a fun journey/learning experience.
And the knowledge carries over into nature and the world weirdly enough.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I have some springtails living under my smartpot. The hypoapsis miles (predator bugs) know this and hang around there for snacks... I watch them fight sometimes lol.

Here is the victor marching off with its lunch :)
20170504 172238
20170504 172220
20170504 172203

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks @Ecompost :)

I picked up quite a Bit of organic knowledge from you.

The more grows go by the more I learn how to feed the soil.

I can't yet start making supersoil.
But I am learning how to utilize bagged soil more effectively with less bottled inputs.

It is a fun journey/learning experience.
And the knowledge carries over into nature and the world weirdly enough.
Thats very kind of you to say buddy and I hope together we can conquer the complexity and simplify the processes for those coming afterwards.

Super soil is more like an unwindable game to me so i tend not to play anymore, my advice is usually try not to get to tied up in mixing too many inputs. I would say adding your own resonant compost/ vermicompost is the best and only thing you might need to add to soil and honestly, can you say you need to change from the look of your plants today?
That said, learning about the relationships between Carbon and Nitrogen ratios is immensely valuable, but trying to get a soil to decay just the right elements at just the right time, in artificial growing conditions, is ultimately, extremely time consuming and in my opinion, no one doing this has ever produced buds that are of any better value than those using traditional methods.
Not least what are we learning here? What is actually happening to our soils as we add varying inputs, what is the sum of action? Do we need X Y or Z all or just one or other, and why and how and who is changing the state?
True story, i spent years trying to perfect a super soil, in the end i understood that it didnt really matter so long as I understood that I had quality liquids and powders to boost what was needed, and that i understand how soil type impacts levels of Organic matter and or leaching/ retention, knowing also CEC and how to re-balance this system as it gets hammered by fast growing crop types.
It was far easier for me to use a few well timed liquids and whatnots, than trying to second guess the weather and so related decay rates of multiple inputs with varying C/N etc.
Where one has time, I say go for it, but you can learn about C/N without spending heaps of cash on all manner of inputs, themselves often questionable once you understand C/N :) Get the C/N under your belt, then decide if you want to make "super soil" or if then you like me think all soil is super in the right hands. You already have green fingers bro but I can also tell you, sometimes i change my life for the sake of not wanting to continue unchallenged in monotony ;-)

Unless people are regularly taking leaf tissue samples, then I am going to keep saying observation isnt transferable or useful to anyone but the immediate viewer in most cases, and i have rarely seen a super soil thread that ever once showed me a leaf test result. IE if you cant say what is happening with actual certainty, its guess work and gut feeling. I am not saying this isnt enough, but for me...I do tend to require more convincing before i spend my money LOL

Ecompost

Ecompost

I have some springtails living under my smartpot. The hypoapsis miles (predator bugs) know this and hang around there for snacks... I watch them fight sometimes lol.

Here is the victor marching off with its lunch :)
View attachment 697542 View attachment 697543 View attachment 697544
those mites are awesome buddy. we have been growing predator mites and nematodes etc for a while now. easier than paying several thousand bucks every 8 weeks for treating 24 hectares plus LOL. I am just trying to get my head around wasps too now we have the orange trees. Great work, brilliant pics.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
That's some healthy growth R! That's gonna turn out nice!

Her roots have struck gold.

She is growing into the rich, fresh, new soil below.

Her leaves are greening up.
The blades are growing larger.
The branches are growing taller.

She is loving life.

The only thing about this round is.
Since the pot height is so much lower.
I will have to grow a much taller plant than I'm used to.

This will be to allow the roots time to consume the 20 gallons.

I just want to make sure I maximize the use of this big pot.

The main goal this round is to see how well the 12 bulb t5 can produce on a beast plant.

The secondary goal is maxing out the yield under said 12 bulb t5 fixture in the 20 gallon pot.

And the third goal is seeing how ideal conditions (°75 & %50rh) compare to all the past high heat low humidity grows (°87 & %1rh)
20170505 210022

4th goal is minimizing bottled inputs and allowing the soil to do the bulk of the work this round. No ferts yet :)

Just Like all my grows this one will be another experiment. The only flaw here is that I'm using a new strain so any comparisons will have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I've already noticed this pheno stacks the internodal distance very very tight together. I think this looks like a great trait for fully developed cola's and yields.

Stay tuned y'all. This round is gonna be interesting :)

incogneato

incogneato

Her roots have struck gold.

She is growing into the rich, fresh, new soil below.

Her leaves are greening up.
The blades are growing larger.
The branches are growing taller.

She is loving life.

The only thing about this round is.
Since the pot height is so much lower.
I will have to grow a much taller plant than I'm used to.

This will be to allow the roots time to consume the 20 gallons.

I just want to make sure I maximize the use of this big pot.

The main goal this round is to see how well the 12 bulb t5 can produce on a beast plant.

The secondary goal is maxing out the yield under said 12 bulb t5 fixture in the 20 gallon pot.

And the third goal is seeing how ideal conditions (°75 & %50rh) compare to all the past high heat low humidity grows (°87 & %1rh)
View attachment 697834

4th goal is minimizing bottled inputs and allowing the soil to do the bulk of the work this round. No ferts yet :)

Just Like all my grows this one will be another experiment. The only flaw here is that I'm using a new strain so any comparisons will have to be taken with a grain of salt.

I've already noticed this pheno stacks the internodal distance very very tight together. I think this looks like a great trait for fully developed cola's and yields.

Stay tuned y'all. This round is gonna be interesting :)
I see some good things in the future of this one. That's a lot of room for those roots to fill. How many tops are you planning on thus run?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I see some good things in the future of this one. That's a lot of room for those roots to fill. How many tops are you planning on thus run?

What you see is what you get.

The stakes are in place and the canopy is too dense to get through.

So I'm just letting her grow upwards from here on out.

She has a good number but I can't get an accurate count as of yet.

once she has grown taller and I can see the manifold. I will give you guys an accurate count :)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

dont we all brother :) The thing is you have acknowledged the significance of the soil beyond a simple base for cations and anions and therefore, you are starting to see the vital role things like good compost play(s) in the results of the food you eat, just as we all try to give our plants the best we can so we get the toughest, hardest, sweetest ganja, we should be doing this to ourselves mate. good home made compost, with locally resonant biology will give your body and its cells a better chance at defeating the pollutants of modern life than those shopping at walmart for greens
I agree 100% and look forward to the journey. Being the father of 4 I love the idea of learning myself and passing the knowledge and habits in to them. They are all 6 and under and have there own plants growing out front. :D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Update
20170507 153210
20170507 153232

Rotated 180°
20170507 153305

20170507 152241
20170507 152304

Man she is blowing up. Once she hit that paydirt she has been pushing.

She is so dense I can't do anything.
Can't even see the dirt anymore lol.

The only downside to the fresh soil.
Is that the extra N content is now causing her tightly stacked nodes to stretch further apart.

I don't mind it cause I have an extra "10 of vertical height from consolidating the upper and lower chambers.

This round is gonna be so awesome.
Let the experiments continue :)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I figured I'd think out loud here.

During veg my goal is to get the root mass to fill the pot asap.

So for the first month or 2 I just let the plant grow wild. I train it but I do not defoliate until flower is soon approaching.

I do this because each extra leaf accelerates the overall root growth.

For example a plant with one leaf grows roots slowly. A plant with 2 leafs may be 2x faster. 4 leafs 4x faster. Etc.

So I let it grow wild to encourage rapid root growth.

Once I'm a week or two from flower. That is when I start to defoliate the lower plant. This then in turn focuses the roots to supplying the remaining vegetation with increased amounts of water and nutrients.

This also allows the plant to recover from the stress before the flip.

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

What strain you running this time man? Still the beast? I haven't been here at the farm for a bit but stay up and love your work man reminds me of when I was growing in a phototron ya know the things that used have ads in high times, worst thing ever made for growing but I pulled it off and I'm happy it was a hand me down haha

LucifDERRR

LucifDERRR

I figured I'd think out loud here.

During veg my goal is to get the root mass to fill the pot asap.

So for the first month or 2 I just let the plant grow wild. I train it but I do not defoliate until flower is soon approaching.

I do this because each extra leaf accelerates the overall root growth.

For example a plant with one leaf grows roots slowly. A plant with 2 leafs may be 2x faster. 4 leafs 4x faster. Etc.

So I let it grow wild to encourage rapid root growth.

Once I'm a week or two from flower. That is when I start to defoliate the lower plant. This then in turn focuses the roots to supplying the remaining vegetation with increased amounts of water and nutrients.

This also allows the plant to recover from the stress before the flip.

Straight genius

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
What strain you running this time man? Still the beast? I haven't been here at the farm for a bit but stay up and love your work man reminds me of when I was growing in a phototron ya know the things that used have ads in high times, worst thing ever made for growing but I pulled it off and I'm happy it was a hand me down haha

This particular plant was a runt/mutant/broken embryo/backwards emerging seed sprout lol. It is delicious seeds-critical super silver haze.

She was on standby in a tiny pot during the beasts whole flower session.

Once the beast was done she got to stretch her legs in this 20 gallon pot.
And bask in a higher density of light.
She has most definitely come around from the broken seed embryo she started as.

I'm unsure what this strain potential is. But she is a living thing so I did not feel right with the idea of just throwing her out. Hopefully with love and time she will reward/thank me for giving her a chance :)

Top Bottom