• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
They are looking good. I really cant wait to see this little babies progress'
You planning on manifolding this lineup? Or are you thinking of changing it up this grow?

I'm gonna stick to manifolding since I enjoyed it so much last round.

I will do 4 tops each. This way if it turns out to be 5 females they will all fit and will be a jungle in there. On the flip side if there are a few males found. The extra main branches help compensate I feel.

Also after seeing @jumpincactus picture of the mother plant she would be ideal for manifolding. She needs some extra branches filled with flowers.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update. It has been 11 days since ground breach.
20160626 090506

And here was my last grow at 12 days.
20160626 090725

Downloadfile 1

I may leave the seedlings a bit longer this time under the t5 lighting before going in the upper chamber.

This is because my 2ft 8 bulb t5 fixture pulls only 153 watts at the wall. This saves me some cash and heat production (it is now summer, gotta keep heat and A/C useage down). Also with an approximate value of 2000 lumens per bulb (8 bulbs=16,000) divided by the 4 cubic feet of airspace in the lower chamber equals=4k lumens per cubic foot.

So it has a low electrical draw. While still producing a high lumens per cubic foot environment for them to begin the first stages of life. Just makes sense for me to leave them in there as long as possible (for efficiency).

As of today my kill-a-watt strip has recorded a tent total of 29kwh ($.06x29=$1.80)

My 400watt mh/hps pulls 430 watts at the wall. That is a %281 increase in electrical draw at the outlet when compared to my t5 fixture.

The increased efficiency of lumens produced is higher for the 400watt lights. As well as the par value is much higher. So it is a better light overall. Just better suited to larger amounts of vegetation. If used on seedlings much light/electricity would be wasted/excessive.

The only downside to my veg chamber is. Since it is such a small space with high lumens per cubic ft. It gets pretty warm. °85-°87 with exhaust fan cycling air. The the seedlings will only get so much vertical growth before encountering the heat being put off from the bulbs. Then the leaves will show heat stress and vpd problems.

This is the point where they will be transitioned to the upper chamber.

Last edited:
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hey guys I wanted to show you why I called 2 of the plants "big bagseed".

I found a picture of when I overlayed them on top of the rest of the bagseed mix.

20160509 123247

You can see from the picture that they are much larger.

Do bigger seeds represent any quality traits?
Like bigger seed, bigger yield for example.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I've decided to mix up some nutrients for these plants. I'm not using more than a squirter bottle worth every week or so. So instead of using my 3 gal nutrient bubbler. I took a small protein jug to convert into a bubbler for smaller volumes of liquid.
20160626 204240
20160626 204300

I used the EJ chart for starts.
Screenshot 20160317 003719

And I added some oily can, God silica, neptunes harvest, biozeus, molasses.

It will bubble for a day or two depending on when the ph rises to 6.5-7. They will get water until then.

But they are gonna love their first meal :D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today the nutrients were at the proper ph. That is quicker than I'm used to.

Which shows me when I bubble a larger volume I'll need to use a bigger air pump.

So they got their first nutrient feeding today.
I used the spray bottle to saturate the soil slowly and evenly until drops dripped out of the drain hole of every plant.
Whatever I didn't use at the end went back into the bubbler.
20160627 182529

20160627 182512

20160627 182456

20160627 182435

20160627 182416

20160627 182400

They are showing bright green new growth areas on top. Some more than others, but each at their own pace. This nutrient feeding should do them well.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.

20160628 161852

20160628 163524

I forgot to mention that 2 days ago I set my light timer for 17/7. It's time I get a better feel for what different photoperiods do.

I mainly did it tho because using online tools I noticed we only get 15hrs of daylight during the longest day. And about 9hrs at the shortest.

So I figure I could give them more rest during the night phase. In hopes that they use their energy at night to build.
My goal is to change it to the point they get most sleep without initiating flowering .

Or I could change it in slow increments every week.

Last edited:
Trucker

Trucker

That sdXd #1 is leading the charge. They are all looking really good :)

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160629 182838

Some of them seem slower than my last grow. It's probably just because it's different genetics. The other part will be due to still using my t5 for veg.
Last round I was in the upper chamber by now. But it gets hot during the summer days and I would have to switch on the second a/c unit all day.

So I'm gonna suck it up and maximize my veg time under it. I'm gonna take the slow growth under the t5's to help keep heat down in the house.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Today's update.
20160701 212826

Gave them the last bit of nutes from the first batch. Now I have a new batch brewing.

I also added aspirin to the last feed and this new batch. I read the thread dedicated to this and I would like to see if there is any truth to it.

I will continue adding it to each nutrient batch from here through flower to see.

I'm missing the rate of growth my metal halide produces. Can't wait for the day they go in the upper chamber.

Trucker

Trucker

Still looking like some good growth in the last 24 hours :)
What is this whole thing about aspirin?

MrRojos

MrRojos

Amongst other things it's a immune system booster /root enhancer due to salicylic acid..
I personally use 8 asprin in a 55 gallon drum every 3rd watering.
I use asprin in my teas and foliar spray to.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Amongst other things it's a immune system booster /root enhancer due to salicylic acid..
I personally use 8 asprin in a 55 gallon drum every 3rd watering.
I use asprin in my teas and foliar spray to.

Trucker

Trucker

Is it used throughout all phases? Or just certain phases of growth? I will definitely have to do some reading on this one. Sounds like a great benefit.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Is it used throughout all phases? Or just certain phases of growth? I will definitely have to do some reading on this one. Sounds like a great benefit.

The idea is that what aspirin is composed of is related to what the plants produce/utilize to strengthen their immune system/resistances to bugs, disease etc. Naturally they produce less. But giving them the pill gives them a boost.

I think that's the general sum of the concept

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I had missed the finale brother sorry but you kicked ass like I knew you would:) 1st plant ever and you nailed it man that's awesone!

Thx. It turned out Good for sure.

Hopefully I get more than 1 female this time. I would like to have enough to last me between harvests. I probably have about a quarter left. It is 2 tops and 1/4 of another.

So I think if I got 2 females that would last me. Anything more would just be cured and stashed away for future use.

Top Bottom