Bag Seed Hunting & The Lst Adventure

• Thread starter rmoltis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

You didn't go overboard.

I was stripping and pulling them all the way through.

Any fans shading budsites get tucked or removed. But any not in the way get left for nutrient storage for senescence.

Even my accent plants had all major fan leaves removed.

I think the tops are much larger this round like I wanted them.

And I do believe I can attribute that to the larger pot with 1 giant plant growing in it.

This round the beast went smoother than any other round and I think growing in 1 big amount of soil helps with nutrient availability, ph buffering, drought protection.

It just made this round a breeze.

I'm sure whenever I have an isolated female plant that i can train. I will want to default to big plant training.

But if I am pheno hunting I'll have to fill the tent with groups of 4.
You definitely have me wanting to train a few beasts. After I finish this pheno hunt, probably 2 more runs, I'll run some foc ladies. I figure if you did that in a 2x2 I can get 4 beasts in my groom lol. Just in case I have 4 diff keepers :D

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
You definitely have me wanting to train a few beasts. After I finish this pheno hunt, probably 2 more runs, I'll run some foc ladies. I figure if you did that in a 2x2 I can get 4 beasts in my groom lol. Just in case I have 4 diff keepers :D
Man 4 of them would be nuts.

You have higher ceiling than my 5' tall main chamber.

So yours could grow much taller.

You could also use bigger pots.

Both these things would lead you to bigger fruits!

Whenever you want to start just hit me up via pm or in any thread :)

You'll want to plan ahead

25 gallon is the biggest plastic pots go.
http://www.zenhydro.com/gro-pro-pre...gle_shopping&gclid=CIGt6dGk-9ICFd1WDQod31UECA
That would give you the solid anchor points for tie downs. Yet a huge soil volume to accommodate a ridiculous root mass :) more roots bigger fruits. Pack them roots in there.

There are smart pots in larger sizes but they aren't as good for the training tie downs.

With those big pots you will have to find drip pans for each one so you never have to move them beasts.

incogneato

incogneato

Man 4 of them would be nuts.

You have higher ceiling than my 5' tall main chamber.

So yours could grow much taller.

You could also use bigger pots.

Both these things would lead you to bigger fruits!

Whenever you want to start just hit me up via pm or in any thread :)

You'll want to plan ahead

25 gallon is the biggest plastic pots go.
http://www.zenhydro.com/gro-pro-pre...gle_shopping&gclid=CIGt6dGk-9ICFd1WDQod31UECA
That would give you the solid anchor points for tie downs. Yet a huge soil volume to accommodate a ridiculous root mass :) more roots bigger fruits. Pack them roots in there.

There are smart pots in larger sizes but they aren't as good for the training tie downs.

With those big pots you will have to find drip pans for each one so you never have to move them beasts.
Man you got the wheels turning now R! 4-25 gallon pots with 4 foc beasts going crazy in there would be good fun! Once I get through this pheno hunt I may have to do just that. I wonder if it will be harder to train from a clone with the odd alternating nodes

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Man you got the wheels turning now R! 4-25 gallon pots with 4 foc beasts going crazy in there would be good fun! Once I get through this pheno hunt I may have to do just that. I wonder if it will be harder to train from a clone with the odd alternating nodes

It would start out a little slower.
But once you supercrop the main stem below the taller node. You will even them out height wise.

Then you'll top the next node on each for a split let them grow out then tie down all growth tips flat From there on out to the pot perimeter. Top em all again if your feeling you need more branching.

Don't defoliate any fan leaves this whole process until your ready for the center growing tips to start rising for the light. You should have a thick dense bush of fan leaves.

You will want the core tips to start growing in before all the main branches are reaching the edge of the pot perimeter. Cause once those dominant branches reach the edge. vertical is the next direction. So when your time is ready you'll defoliated the core exposing all shaded growth tips. They will then start to emerge.

You will top the early growers to slow them down, you will want them all rising at a similar pace. Once the core is growing evenly you will want to cut off all the growth tips that never made it to the canopy. They are shaded and will fall behind.

Once you reach that point just let her grow in To your desired flip height.

You always have lots of pictures in here for reference if needed as well.
I place a thousand of them in this thread to help.

incogneato

incogneato

It would start out a little slower.
But once you supercrop the main stem below the taller node. You will even them out height wise.

Then you'll top the next node on each for a split let them grow out then tie down all growth tips flat From there on out to the pot perimeter. Top em all again if your feeling you need more branching.

Don't defoliate any fan leaves this whole process until your ready for the center growing tips to start rising for the light. You should have a thick dense bush of fan leaves.

You will want the core tips to start growing in before all the main branches are reaching the edge of the pot perimeter. Cause once those dominant branches reach the edge. vertical is the next direction. So when your time is ready you'll defoliated the core exposing all shaded growth tips. They will then start to emerge.

You will top the early growers to slow them down, you will want them all rising at a similar pace. Once the core is growing evenly you will want to cut off all the growth tips that never made it to the canopy. They are shaded and will fall behind.

Once you reach that point just let her grow in To your desired flip height.

You always have lots of pictures in here for reference if needed as well.
I place a thousand of them in this thread to help.
Yea you letft pleny of reference material. It helps that I follwed along for a few runs too. I'll definitely be poking around the thread for info. And im sure I'll be bugging you too bro :cool:

Cntrlwolf

Cntrlwolf

If you can swing it id say aim for 10 weeks.

A jewellers loupe would help you a lot.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007...AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=40x+loupe
This 40x is perfect and is $3. Why not buy one?

Once you have one. your harvest quality & yield will improve noticeably. From you allowing each plant to reach full maturity.

A must have tool for the home grower.
Oh it's on my to do list. It's a shipping address issue for me. Longer explanation than it's worth.
I got yelled at last time. Here is a link to my photos. I can't upload because Apple is a cunt so sirry for the link. I swear I'm not a robot

Rmoltis, a quick question.
I'm trying to run 8 plants in my 4x8 tent from clones for my next round and these strains are my options:

- northern lights
- the white
- skywalker og
- platinum Girl Scout cookies

Which one should I go with?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Rmoltis, a quick question.
I'm trying to run 8 plants in my 4x8 tent from clones for my next round and these strains are my options:

- northern lights
- the white
- skywalker og
- platinum Girl Scout cookies

Which one should I go with?

Tough call.
Seed selection is always the hardest part.

The northern lights is an old favorite amongst many. I still need to find a good version in seed form for my seed vault.

I've heard the white is a good one too.

Honestly they all look good.
You may have to flip a coin :)

The other option is to grow 1 of each.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hmmm I heard the white is Packed with thc but the smell and the taste are whatever so it makes it hard to sell. Is that true?

I haven't run any of those strain so I couldn't say. I'd be looking for online reviews to see what others have seen.

But I believe if you have a good environment you can grow any of those to excellence

Top Bottom