Bagseed...the Good, the bad, and the bizarre

• Thread starter derkaderk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
derkaderk

derkaderk

I wanted to start this thread for people to post their experiences with growing out "bag seed."

I currently have a grow of 12 unidentified females from bag seed. Only 3 of those plants had herm issues roughly around week 3flower, only bottom branches single flower....although some turned out to be external female parts, as the hairs protruded from what I had previously thought to be a male flower.
One of my plants has has total bizarre growth all together:
Bagseedthe good the bad and the bizarre

Bagseedthe good the bad and the bizarre 2

Today, I called the co-op and got some true og....it's was, CHOCK FULL OF BEAUTIFUL BEANS!!!!!

Now I was immediately curious where did these come from...stressed out herm, or full on pollination from a male. I called back and asked if he would do a little digging on the origins of the father. He told me that it was from a neighbor's male room vent exhaust had pollinated his grow, although he didn't know the genetics of those males.

10 minutes later he calls and tells me that the neighbor had a true OG x kushwreck, and fire OG x kushwreck, and kushwreck males. Here is a shot of a few beans
Bagseedthe good the bad and the bizarre 3

I'm hoping to get some great keepers from these bag seed beans, and if not, ooh well.

Anyone have an experience they would like to share?

Happy farming,
Derka

Dunge

Dunge

I was given two plants five years ago.
They grew well and got put in the basement come fall.
I cloned and grew this bitch for over a year, and never got it to produce good smoke.
I found out later it was from bag seed.
Eventually I learned about buying seeds.
It takes the same effort and time for me to grow out bag seed as it does to grow known genetics.
For most gardeners, each bag seed plant takes the place of a known plant.
I consider the availability of seeds as the most important aspect of my continued success with home gardening.
Info from thcfarmer provides the remainder of the credit.
And, bag seed is most likely a mistake, and often the result of self pollination from hermaphroditic expression.
So, good luck.
But I would advise getting some good seed and making your own crosses.
That can be fun.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Ive grown bs with hit and miss outcomes. Have some bubba bs going atm and im sitting on hella beanage. To me its like a box of chocolates ya dig, but im a hobbie/headstash grower so i have slots for such occassions.

derkaderk

derkaderk

Thanks @Dunge I just placed my first order and sent off payment last week. I got some alien aloha from g.o.d. and some twisted fruit v2 from mota. Just waiting for confirmation now. I'm also considering the cherry picker...if there is any left...lol.

Top Bottom