Bales of promix

• Thread starter Nesta B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nesta B

Anyone sick of breaking this shit up or what? I know I am. So I decided to go with 2.8 loose mix and what do you know, one bag fits almost perfectly into a 15 gallon roots fabric pot. It's so much easier than jumping up and down on a heavy ass Bale. I know it cost more but in my mind it's worth ever penny. Just my 2 cents.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I haven't had a chance to break mine open, but I usually use a fork (the kind used for weeding and breaking up soil) after a soak.

Chobble

Chobble

I've broken up so many bails of promix/sunshine #4 I cant even count. Its pretty easy, Get a big tub dump it in and start tossing it with a shovel..

Are your bails really dry? You may want to hydrate them a bit (A bit, promix has a wetting agent so the peat will soak water up). The problems your experiencing sound pretty minor though for the effort.

Chobble

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

when I was mixing my own soils I used a cement-mixer. I than moved to a 50 gal olive barrel. Black with screw on lid with 1" screw on cap in the middle of the lid. Works great, I add everything put the lid on and push it around the property with the 4 wheeler lots of fun. After all the dry stuf is mixed I add the wet stuff, humic and fulvic and mix it again. Puts some fun in it and no dust or spillage.

For smaller mices there is a container called odjob for mixing cement and it workes real well.

peace

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

that's does sound fun woodsman :)

I dump it into a large Rubbermaid tub and make my wife help me break it up,its better with 2 people:playful:

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

that's does sound fun woodsman :)

I dump it into a large Rubbermaid tub and make my wife help me break it up,its better with 2 people:playful:

Same here. Like everyone else said though you don't want to break it up dry its to hard and there is dirt flying everywhere it's messy.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We got a concrete mixer earlier this year, I LOVE that thing for mixing up small batches of soil. It's already raised up, so all I have to do is get a wheelbarrow or similar underneath to dump, or I can even just pot right out of the mixer.

Caveat--men love concrete mixers, so mine comes with instructions to clean it out after using it for its originally intended purpose.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

This is the starting point for a new invention. Something like a electronic mixer that you put in whole bale of soil and it breaks it up to fine dirt in 60 seconds. I got the idea now I need a investor sea can you loan me 100k? :cigar:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, yeah sure! You've got great timing, I just happen to have a spare $100K sittin' around. :D

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Ding ding ding this is the part where I listen to that song - Were movin on upppp to the eastsideee

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Someone has already beat ya to it thought this was cool and informative:D
>>>>>>>>2
>>>>>>>3
>>>4

Top Bottom