Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Pretty sure he recommends a calcium bump during transistion to flower and the PK (hammerhead) boost weeks 4 - 6 of flower. I would be happy to be corrected as i'm thinking of trying this myself.

SeymourGreen

SeymourGreen

Can anyone direct me to or, tell me how to make a Calcium foliar spray using edta or acetate?

scotto724

scotto724

Maybe I missed it but what are some good brands for kelp? I got some Kelp it Real on the way. But it’s kind of a unknown as to production and sourcing. Also it’s powdered.
watch out for high levels of heavy metals in kelp products.... study the source carefully.

10piotr74

10piotr74

hello can I replace the original mr.fulvic- vitalink fulvic acid and will this calcium nitrate be
And I have this Jack Classic 20-20-20 or I'm still using the 3-2-1 formula, thank you

Screenshot 20220329 015833 Chrome
Screenshot 20220329 015849 Chrome
Screenshot 20220329 020512 Chrome
jguit

jguit

Supporter
@10piotr74, the fulvic acid you mentioned should work, my guess it would be less concentrated than what's recommended in this thread. You'd have to figure out the correct dosage.

Jack's 20-20-20 will grow a plant but if you want to follow the recipe in this thread you'll want Jack's 5-12-26 or something like Mega Crop 5-12-26 (or something close 5-11-26, etc.)

Finally, the calcium nitrate you posted would technically work but you'd be better served buying dry Calcium Nitrate granules. I don't think you'll have a problem finding this.

Last edited:
10piotr74

10piotr74

@10piotr74, the fulvic acid you mentioned should work, my guess it would be less concentrated than what's recommended in this thread. You'd have to figure out the correct dosage.

Jack's 20-20-20 will grow a plant but if you want to follow the recipe in this thread you'll want Jack's 5-12-26 or something like Mega Crop 5-12-26 (or something close 5-11-26, etc.)

Finally, the calcium nitrate you posted would technically work but you'd be better served buying dry Calcium Nitrate granules. I don't think you'll have a problem finding this.
thx

S

sagadella

Also not sure if anyone posted this info, or is even interested. Over the last year or so I stumbled on Capulators formula on here for jacks321 in DTW and it’s basically jacks at 1/2 strength from the maximum.

View attachment 1172894
I am interested -because I have found the need to run no more than 1/2 the recommended nutrients ( and even lower) as a new cannabis grower, and thought I was missing something essential because everything caused leaf tip burn.

pilto

pilto

I am interested -because I have found the need to run no more than 1/2 the recommended nutrients ( and even lower) as a new cannabis grower, and thought I was missing something essential because everything caused leaf tip burn.
Ever since I switched to the Jack's 321 and stuck with the plan exactly, I have not had any leaf tip burns ever again. I Literally do Part A, Part B, Epson Salt, PowerSi for silica, and Mr. Fulvic. I also add Recharge every other watering and have been messing around with some bloom boosters for the switch to flower, but otherwise Jacks as recommended here for both veg and flower has been knocking it out of the park for me.

3 balls

3 balls

Glow's write up on silica additive quality write up has me more confused than ever. I was under the impression mono-silicic acid was all the same stuff after accounting for the content %, apparently not. Anybody dialed in on what all that means? Considering Si is the most expensive thing in "THE RECIPE" it would be nice to know were using the best option. Mammoth has some now and a couple others. It would be sweet if you would come out of retirement for this one @BillFarthing 😁

Anthem

Anthem

Glow's write up on silica additive quality write up has me more confused than ever. I was under the impression mono-silicic acid was all the same stuff after accounting for the content %, apparently not. Anybody dialed in on what all that means? Considering Si is the most expensive thing in "THE RECIPE" it would be nice to know were using the best option. Mammoth has some now and a couple others. It would be sweet if you would come out of retirement for this one @BillFarthing 😁
what has you confused about Mono Silicic Acid? I am aware of at lease 3 quality manufacturers of the stuff. I have used silicium, Front Row Ag's as well. slightly different concentrations but similar results with the best of these two being Silicium but the the stuff is over priced. But it is the a better product probably because of some kelp extract in it. Power Si is another good one. I think he started his own silica company

3 balls

3 balls

what has you confused about Mono Silicic Acid? I am aware of at lease 3 quality manufacturers of the stuff. I have used silicium, Front Row Ag's as well. slightly different concentrations but similar results with the best of these two being Silicium but the the stuff is over priced. But it is the a better product probably because of some kelp extract in it. Power Si is another good one. I think he started his own silica company
https://manicbotanix.com/silica-additive-quality/
If you look at the silica quality additive analysis on the Manicbotanix website it brings into question the effectiveness of the different options out there in a way that I dont understand. I currently us the Frontrow Si as well, I think it's the best value but like I said, I'm not confident whats what anymore.

Anthem

Anthem

https://manicbotanix.com/silica-additive-quality/
If you look at the silica quality additive analysis on the Manicbotanix website it brings into question the effectiveness of the different options out there in a way that I dont understand. I currently us the Frontrow Si as well, I think it's the best value but like I said, I'm not confident whats what anymore.
Make sure you are looking at the make up of the product. I did look up the chart you referenced and the one thing that jumps out at me is the make up of the product. Most appear to be Potassium silicate ( Pot Ash) that stuff is not the same as Mono Silicic Acid. Secondly Potassium Silicate is not readily available to the plant. You need a Microbe column to break it down and make it available to the plant. Which brings up a really good question for someone else on here. @Moe.Red I seem to remember you stating in a thread you switched from a sterile DWC to Active DWC. Any chance you were also using a Potassium Silicate product at the same time?

3 balls

3 balls

Make sure you are looking at the make up of the product. I did look up the chart you referenced and the one thing that jumps out at me is the make up of the product. Most appear to be Potassium silicate ( Pot Ash) that stuff is not the same as Mono Silicic Acid. Secondly Potassium Silicate is not readily available to the plant. You need a Microbe column to break it down and make it available to the plant. Which brings up a really good question for someone else on here. @Moe.Red I seem to remember you stating in a thread you switched from a sterile DWC to Active DWC. Any chance you were also using a Potassium Silicate product at the same time?
IMG 0820

3 balls

3 balls

The majority are mono-silicic acid. Including Power Si which I thought was about as good as it gets but by his calculations it provides .88% plant available soluble Si, towards the bottom of the list.

Anthem

Anthem

The majority are mono-silicic acid. Including Power Si which I thought was about as good as it gets but by his calculations it provides .88% plant available soluble Si, towards the bottom of the list.
You have to read the notes below the chart to get the whole picture. Si is just silicon not mono silicic acid. My understanding is the guy that invented mono silicic acid is the owner of Silicium and the patent has ran out so you have all the other players in the game now. Some of the information on that chart is going back several years so I do not know the total value. If the main way the silica is derived is from Potassium silicate ( Pot Ash ) it takes like 4 to 6 weeks to get the microbes to break it down and make it available for the plant. There is further information on this on you tube, jacks and the owner of Power SI have a chat about it that may help better understand.

S

Spacecowboygardens

@BillFarthing

This any good? Overpriced?
Or stick to Mr Fulvic + MSA?

Top Bottom