Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I love fertilizer. I work with big grows down to friends that have a single 400w light. I recommend the same thing to each and every one of them. It is used start to finish, so there's no following confusing feed schedules. A buddy of mine started calling this "The Recipe" because it is cheap, simple and gives some amazing quality flower.

It consists of:
1) Silica- I always recommend soluble silica like PowerSi or Grow Genius. If you are in a pinch, you can use potassium silicate, but you have to keep an eye on the pH.
2) Jacks Classic Hydro, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salt- This is your base fertilizer. It is 3 grams Jack's, 2 grams calcium nitrate, 1 gram epsom salt per gallon
3) Fulvic Acid- This helps prevent pH problems and plant stress and gives organic taste and smell. There's lots of watered down additives out there, but I recommend Mr. Fulvic because it is a concentrate and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

The quality and yields are phenomenal. Depending on what quantities you buy, it can be $0.06-$0.10/gallon.

Ballin on a budget  the recipe

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I love fertilizer. I work with big grows down to friends that have a single 400w light. I recommend the same thing to each and every one of them. It is used start to finish, so there's no following confusing feed schedules. A buddy of mine started calling this "The Recipe" because it is cheap, simple and gives some amazing quality flower.

It consists of:
1) Silica- I always recommend soluble silica like PowerSi or Grow Genius. If you are in a pinch, you can use potassium silicate, but you have to keep an eye on the pH.
2) Jacks Classic Hydro, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salt- This is your base fertilizer. It is 3 grams Jack's, 2 grams calcium nitrate, 1 gram epsom salt per gallon
3) Fulvic Acid- This helps prevent pH problems and plant stress and gives organic taste and smell. There's lots of watered down additives out there, but I recommend Mr. Fulvic because it is a concentrate and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

The quality and yields are phenomenal. Depending on what quantities you buy, it can be $0.06-$0.10/gallon.

View attachment 1129079
So simple yet so effective and complete. Great post man... for those looking I'd be taking some notes from this man 👌

euphoria526

euphoria526

I’ve finally been able to get the hang of it lol. I’m loving this stuff!!!

Not to threadjack, Just a note if I may add, as this is the measurements that I’ve been using so far this run with success:
1/2 TSP Jacks 5-12-26
1/4 TSP epsom salt
1/2 TSP calcium nitrate

I’m going to start adding silica every so often for strength and I’ve also been adding Recharge 1 in 5-7 days.

radmobile

radmobile

Not to threadjack, Just a note if I may add, as this is the measurements that I’ve been using so far this run with success:
1/2 TSP Jacks 5-12-26
1/4 TSP epsom salt
1/2 TSP calcium nitrate

I’m going to start adding silica every so often for strength and I’ve also been adding Recharge 1 in 5-7 days.
I’m going to try this recipe. Was wondering what medium you are using. Would this recipe apply to soil already charged?

radmobile

radmobile

1/2 TSP Jacks 5-12-26
1/4 TSP epsom salt
1/2 TSP calcium nitrate

When does the Mr. Fulvic and Silica come into play? What are you using for measurements?
Also do you feed this on every feed or every other feed?

euphoria526

euphoria526

When does the Mr. Fulvic and Silica come into play? What are you using for measurements?
I have not used fulvic, and am waiting a little after transplant to give them some silica. Once they show growth I’m adding it to the mix.
My measurements I listed above:
1/2tsp A
1/4 tsp epsom salt
1/2 tsp of cal nit.
Since I am in coco and WAS still in solo cups. I was feeding to runoff 2 times a day.
Now that are in 2 and 3 gal pots I’m figuring out the watering schedule, but I do feed with every watering to runoff.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

@BillFarthing how do you feel about adding kelp?

I was planning a similar feed as you suggest, but I plan on adding kelp, great white beginning to end and Budswel during flower.

I'll be doing DWC and will also be adding enzymes. I am probably going to buy the enzyme powder from kelp4less.

Is PowerSi really that much better than even the silica powder that kelp4less sells?

Thoughts?

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Since I am adding my own kelp, amino acids and fulvic acid powders, I was just looking for a mono-silicic acid and decided to go with Grow Genius because GrownGreeMi.com (no affiliation) has the 250ml on hot sale for $109 today right now when it’s normally $150 so I jumped on it lol

After hearing everyone rave about Power Si and Grow Genuis, I was still excited to get GG for that price even though it’s 10x more expensive than potassium silicates lol

This 250ml bottle does about 2200 gallons, so that should last me an entire year or about 3 runs.

They also had Jacks 321 on a stupid sale right now and I got both bags for $69 delivered!

I’m locked and loaded for a year of high quality DWC! Only spent about $350 on everything, and that should last me a year and I got all top tier products that should allow me to crush it in DWC.

farmer219

farmer219

Since I am adding my own kelp, amino acids and fulvic acid powders, I was just looking for a mono-silicic acid and decided to go with Grow Genius because GrownGreeMi.com (no affiliation) has the 250ml on hot sale for $109 today right now when it’s normally $150 so I jumped on it lol

After hearing everyone rave about Power Si and Grow Genuis, I was still excited to get GG for that price even though it’s 10x more expensive than potassium silicates lol

This 250ml bottle does about 2200 gallons, so that should last me an entire year or about 3 runs.

They also had Jacks 321 on a stupid sale right now and I got both bags for $69 delivered!

I’m locked and loaded for a year of high quality DWC! Only spent about $350 on everything, and that should last me a year and I got all top tier products that should allow me to crush it in DWC.
Picked up the Jack’s A and B for $70! Insane value

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Use Mr. Fulvic from start-to finish at 1ml/gallon drench. In flush, it prevents osmostic pressure and the chelated minerals build brix.

Silica, use in veg and transition. There is discussion whether silica should be used in flower, although customers have liked rock hard nugs as a trend again recently since PGR's have always been bad news.

Mr. Fulvic just got approved in Canada. If you can't get Mr. Fulvic, FulvicXCell has a water extracted (versus hydroxide extracted) fulvic of (NOT QUITE) comparable quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom