Banana OG / Platinum Cookies First Time Grow

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Hello ya’ll!

I am a first time grower just wanna post my stuff out there and hopefully gain some knowledge and possibly help others in the community!

My setup is a 5 x 5 AC Infinity tent with a Gavita 1700e Led light. I have it setup in a small room with AC and Dehum outside the tent. Also have a bit of supplemental Co2 (need to fit a tank).

As for the plants I have 3 Banana OG on the left and 6 Platinum Cookies on the right.

Growing medium is Mother Earth Coco Pearlite 70/30 currently in their final 3 gal pots.

They were grown from clone using Advanced Nutrients line.

Currently on Week 5 about to put up trellis and flip to flower in the next couple days!

Banana og  platinum cookies first time grow
Banana og  platinum cookies first time grow 2
Banana og  platinum cookies first time grow 3

Siz

Siz

4745527F 6443 4072 80C0 6CA975B606FF

Trellis up. They were past due so I just went ahead and put it up today. Although trellis seemed to be rough on plants, I hope I didnt do it too tight. It knocked off a couple leaves.

How long should I wait to flip to flower? I dont mind waiting I just dont want them to outgrow the tent. They are just over a foot tall.

Siz

Siz

72449B27 D4E1 4530 BB5D 7780DE97DD02

I hope I didnt take off too much foilage. They were all on top of eachother and had water spots. Needed to clear up a bit. I plan to let it grow for a week then flip to flower.

When should I be lolipoping? Some say before the flip some say after

Siz

Siz

Beautiful plants @Siz . First time grower you say, beautiful plants. 9 healthy plants in a 5 x 5, yep she's gonna get crowded. I'd probably get her to 12/12 this weekend.

jj

Thank you sir! Yeah its my first time solo! I have only watered and helped out very little when I worked at a dispensary 10 years ago, mostly trimming hahaha!

A lot of info out there online and I have been studying, listening to podcasts watching every single youtube video over and over again. I learned there are many different ways to grow, just trying my best! Hahaha!

I wanted to wait a week to let the plants grow into the trellis and sometime lollipop them before flipping. Would that be too long? Just want to be able to clean them up so they can grow without shock, all while not overgrowing the tent

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thank you sir! Yeah its my first time solo! I have only watered and helped out very little when I worked at a dispensary 10 years ago, mostly trimming hahaha!

A lot of info out there online and I have been studying, listening to podcasts watching every single youtube video over and over again. I learned there are many different ways to grow, just trying my best! Hahaha!

I wanted to wait a week to let the plants grow into the trellis and sometime lollipop them before flipping. Would that be too long? Just want to be able to clean them up so they can grow without shock, all while not overgrowing the tent
Plants typically double or even triple in height untrained. You'll fill it out, no problem. I usually fill a 4x4 with 1 plant trained flat.

Siz

Siz

EAB8245D 7EAA 4C2A ADCC EF56C3334C2D

Thank you everyone. I did the best I could defoliate without going overboard. Still feel like I coulda done more but I am going to flip tomorrow so I didnt want to shock them much. They are bursting with so much new growth in a day! I cant wait for the stretch. This is all so beautiful to watch.

Siz

Siz

23DB2BFF 2126 4A1F 9FFB 043E351CAF6F

Did some more defoiliating as leaves were just bunched on top of eachother. I feel this is a bit better, but then again. First time so who knows. I really hope they dont outgrow the tent.

Sitting at about 16 inches tall.

From the top of the pots to my light is 62” should I be worried??

I appreciate all the help!

Also was given Diamond Density. Although I looked it up people are saying it could be PGR, you can use it to stop stretch. I really dont want to use it but I have some. Has anyone used before?

Siz

Siz

Just picked up my missing bloom nuts. They recommended waiting a week before flip to let the plants recover from the lollipoping. I think i should be fone as far as height goes. I moved the trellis a bit lower and retucked all the branches.

I hope these ladies reward me for all that I am doing for them!

Siz

Siz

06A87B34 8A4B 43D7 8BF3 F7FF2C93B850

Decided to not flip today but wait for them to recover first. Most squares are filled tho! Even tho some are barely past the trellis.

Praying and hoping I get at least a gram a watt. I hope thats not too much to ask for a first time grower, I am using LED and I hear people get some ridiculous numbers.

Shoot for the stars so if you fall you land on the clouds!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Just picked up my missing bloom nuts. They recommended waiting a week before flip to let the plants recover from the lollipoping. I think i should be fone as far as height goes. I moved the trellis a bit lower and retucked all the branches.

I hope these ladies reward me for all that I am doing for them!
Had a guy give me some advice back in the day, take it for what it's worth.

"Feed flower nutrients when they start to flower, not when you flip them to 12/12."

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
View attachment 2026268

Decided to not flip today but wait for them to recover first. Most squares are filled tho! Even tho some are barely past the trellis.

Praying and hoping I get at least a gram a watt. I hope thats not too much to ask for a first time grower, I am using LED and I hear people get some ridiculous numbers.

Gram per watt = that's a very realistic and achievable goal. By the looks of things you have the start to reach that goal!

jj

Siz

Siz

Gram per watt = that's a very realistic and achievable goal. By the looks of things you have the start to reach that goal!

jj

Oh man! I really hope so! I would be the happiest father to these babies hahahaha. I am giving it my 100%. Had some transplant and light shock mishaps but I take it as a learning experience.

I just cant wait to see those beautiful flowers!!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
View attachment 2026268

should have no problem hitting those number with 9 plants. Flip in a week and you’ll exceed those numbers two fold. Looking great.
Burnz

Reactions: Siz
Top Bottom