Bananas making me consider and Early Harvest!!

• Thread starter KALEPONI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KALEPONI

Male Bananas making me consider an Early Harvest!!

Hey folks, stressin out here with my indoor grow at the moment. I have 3 plants under two 400w HPS lamps at the moment (i know, i need more light, saving up) Anyways, the plants are 2 Pineapple Express and 1 Kandy Kush.
The Pineapple is looking great, packed with trikes, dense buds, good color, they should be ready to harvest within one week.
My problem is with the Kandy Kush.. it probably has about 2, MAYBE 3 weeks left before harvest, BUT, it is PACKING on a bunch of male bananas.. ive already pulled one seed that I found, but the plant has more and more male flowers everyday... im afraid if i let it go while the pineapple is maturing that it will polenate the pineapple before I can Harvest..

So heres my question.. Do I harvest the Kandy Kush hermy early, or do I harvest the Pineapple Express early?? The Kandy Kush has very little ripe hairs yet, but its a threat to me.. The pineapple is near ripe, has maybe a week left on it. HELP!!!

C

CAPO

I would take the KandyKush out...put her in a closet with a CFL and finish her up in there...try pulling her bananas daily. I would spray the Pinapple down (water makes pollen inactive) and let them finish....my .02

K

KALEPONI

i would but the 3 plants share a 40 gal bucket.. the roots are all intertwined and everything.. plus, the Kush plant is at least 7 feet tall... :/ too big for any closet in my house. Appreciate your help though! :)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Seeded mature bud kicks immature seedless bud's ass. Stay the course until they are finished.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah its your best bet to let them run thier course. if you get a magnifying glass and just pluck the nanners daily you can minimize your exposure. when plants hermie alot of times it doesn't amount to massive amounts of seeding. maybe find some white cardboard to put between the kandy and pineapple to try and minimize the cross pollination? doesn't have to go all the way up 7 feet. good luck and how you handle this is a true test of your abilities. can you make it through this or will something like this stop you dead in your tracks.

also if you do spray with water spray them right before or right after the light goes out, that way you wont burn your leaves.

K

KALEPONI

Thank you, good words of advice, ill stay the course. This is my first hermie encounter so it freaked me out a bit, but im sure all will be well. The pineapple will be out of there soon anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom