bananas..what are they actually???

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

Hey all. i have 4 fem white widows. and i know one hermied cuz im finding the bananas. my question is. what do the bananas do. is the pollen inside the banana..? can i remove the banana and use it to pollenate another plant?
can i remove a banana and stop a seed from growing?
thanks fellow growers..jordi

D

danko

they will keep coming bro. i dont take the chance with em. id toss her or at least segregate her if you want the pollen.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
A few late late male flowers can be removed but most likely they will seed things a little. Even if they aren't fully developed or good seeds. Banannas have pollen inside. Some viable and some not. If you really like this plant and want to try some breeding for fun then it may produce something good but most likely will be more trouble then it's worth. They will keep coming usually. Removing them cannot stop any pollination that has already occured only prevent any more. I wet the male flower down before removing it with tweezers. This helps keep the pollen inside from spreading around the room while pulling it.

J

jordisgarden

Hey guys. yeah im very very late into flower. im on day 40 or 41. i cant find any seeds develooping BUT nanars just started poppin out. i managed to save like 10 to 15 nanars. so i could use these to cross pollenate?
ive not been able tind an actual seed. im assuming that at day 42 tommorow they wont have enough time to fully develop anyway. although i wouldnt mind having a few white widow seeds.
shitty fem seeds. im growing regular seeds from now on.. although if i get some widow seeds ill take em to the garden outside.

Top Bottom