Bananas

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

because bananas are high in pottasium i was wondering if i made a smoothie with milk bananas and some added phosperus&bonemeal would that be ok?
i also think there could be some added microbial activity to because of the milk but would they be good bacteria or bad?

M

med.botany

yeah i've definitely heard of using bananas..i've never made a smoothie concoction buut i throw 'em in my compost for my outdoor garden

G

greenthumb

i know that if you plant some bananas in the ground and split them they attract worms and they have there young in there and after a couple of weeks there full of them.so thats added nitrogen right there.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
There's much easier ways to get potassium in their diet Greenthumb. I also think you'll be setting yourself up for a stinky mess and all sorts of fungal and bacterial problems. Not to mention fungus gnats, flies, ants etc. Bad idea IMO. Composting is one thing, adding it like that is just asking for trouble.

another_sellout

another_sellout

NO MILK! Banana peels, egg shells and coffee grounds- yes! BUT NO MILK! Proteins only invite strange anaerobic bacteria that benefit no one... and the bugs. HRs right about the bugs. If your plants are inside, without natural controls, it's disaster. Wiping orange bug gut caramel off your bulbs and hoods is bullshit. Not to mention the thirsty fucks that die in your reservoirs and clog your pumps and emitters / sprayers... anyhow, stick to what your grandmother would have done for her roses!

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Fruits with the highest postasium

I found you question intersting, therefore, I decided to google "plants with the hightest postasium".

Check this out. Bananas actually came in 49th on the list. The highest, my a mile was raw rhubarb at 2743mg. I'm not sure, but I would think of drying it out and adding it to a tea.

Just a thought, but one way or another....

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Well I love adding fruit to my guano/ewc/molasses tea...I add bannas for K and i add blue berries in the form of organic preserves. When i add a bannana to my five gal tea I cut it in half and smush it all up and add the peelings as well and in 2-3 days it is almost compleatly eaten by the microbes. Same goes for what ever fruit you add. Also a quick note on milk I have added it to try to raise ph of the tea and it looked funky and white so that is a no go to me. Also i thought of the smell that milk has when it rots and it is for sure anaerobic and nasty to say the least. Oh how do you ph organic teas?????????????????????????????????????

X

Xceptional

you organic guys are funny. you must smoke that dank and start coming up with inventive new ways to do things. i'm not into scat so i'm not playing with poo and i can not imagine the funk that spoiled milk and rotten bananas will cause in your garden. i just want mine to smell like MJ lol. good luck and if you do try this man please post a smell report in like 3 weeks this will have to smell horrid.

F

foolsgold

i would avoid the milk. if your looking to make banana smothie for your ladies i'd use water and some unfiltered beer. seirra nevada works great because it's alive and the the enzymes and yeast with be beneficial if your using any kind of sugar derived ferts. i'm also a very inexperience cannabis grower, the majority of my growing knowlegde comes from hop farming. not to mention the co2 in the beer will give your roots a boost.

Top Bottom