bangkok betty

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

i just started germanating 4 0f 5 bangkok betty seeds that a buddy has provided for a outdoor adventure. they will b go n into 100 gallon smart pots filled with a organic mushroom composte mix or mayb some nice black loose soil that is on site. i think we might only use 2 smart pots for them so im hoping to get one female in each pot,2 seedlings per pot. ive done a little research on betty and the only thing i didnt see was % of female from seed. i would love any extra info on her form felllow farmers.. the spot they will b has some natrual water on it, so we hope there will be no need to bring in water. im realy excited to run this gear..i should have some pics at the end of the week..let me know what you think

T

tattoojim

this is my first year to grow outdoors, with a teacher. we have another project also. so im hoping to grow my first real trees.

T

tattoojim

two 100 gallon smart pots are in place and full of dirt.pot aere in the middle of the most exelent hoey suckle pach. one of the pots ended up getting acouple 18 inch females in it, so we might bring out 1 more 100. maybe a couple more..plans have changed a little but not to much. we put around 25 in today just not any betty yet. i wished we poped these betty seeds sooner. as soon as we have them in the dirt we will have pics

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

How are you gonna keep gnats, spidermites, deer etc. away?

joeca1i

joeca1i

If there not in the ideal enviroment for long flowering sativas,you shouldn't even bother growing them.

T

tattoojim

How are you gonna keep gnats, spidermites, deer etc. away?

we will have cages around all of our plants, and all the plants that are in the ground already have cages. the pests will b dealt with if there is a problem.

T

tattoojim

If there not in the ideal enviroment for long flowering sativas,you shouldn't even bother growing them.

thanks for the help you didnt give me...like i said in the first post, i found alot of info on this strain but no % of females from seed. our season is long here and we had our last cool night 2 nights ago. full moon was when i germed the seeds i think.

T

tattoojim

first signs of poison ivy...this shit will fuck me up if im not carefull.

T

tattoojim

just checked the seeds.... i see 2 tails and 2 cracked shells.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey,

just stop by to support and offer any help. Glad to see these getting grown, but like already stated. These can take some time, so plan for a long flower time. Think we already talked VIA pm, but make sure you have lumber ready to support lower branches. Make sure you have some framing and clear plastic ready to make a hot house if it get's cold in your area.

Better to prepare now, so your not jumping through hoops when you need to do the work. You will be very happy with this girl. Very racey upper high and plenty of bud sites, so get ready for a wild ride.

Nice to see these where stored well. These seeds where made in 2003, so that's 8 years and a good germ rate. Best of luck and if you have any questions. Just hit me up and I'll do my best. Thanks for the support and you sure do have one nice buddy. Can't wait to see these in about 4-5 months.
Take care,
BG

T

tattoojim

thank you as well for the support :) definitely appreciate it, and won't hesitate to ask questions! and wow, eight years old! they're 4 for 4 germed and in soil as we speak, am looking forward to this. i was trying to check the farmers almanac for the when winter will come, but usually it doesn't get cold until later in october and i'm guessing that's enough time, really glad they're germed and in soil cuz any later would really be cutting it close i think. anway, thanks again for stopping by, glad to have you in my corner for this one!

T

tattoojim

all 4 seedlings have dropped there shells and standing. they look realy good for 8 year pld seeds. im thinkn i should do some breeding with this strain. propper breeding for this would be a male and female from these seeds? i want to get this right if i do it.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Is the flowering time long on the Bettys? 100 gal!?!?! Wow. That is how its done brutha! I wish I could do outside at my house. Too many kids in the area though. not worth it. Keep us all posted.

Peace

Billygoat

Billygoat

Glad to hear they are doing well. Ya, they are 8 year old seeds. So, your up and running good. I've still got my F1 stash. Plus, I have more seeds of the parent plants, so If I wanted to start over with this one or go in another direction. I can just pop more. Best of luck and can't wait to see these plants in those 100 gallon containers. Let's hope you get at least two females.

Homebrew, yes these are long. Texas Kid grew these out last season. He had a monster girl and it needed more time to finish. I'm guessing she's a 100+ day girl. No one has taken this cross to her full term. Chucky from IC tried and so did Texas Kid. You've got to plan ahead with this girl. If your not in the south or tropics. If you don't have a greenhouse or a hot ready to build over her. The cold will get her and she won't finish, but if you plan and take care of her. I don't see why your not looking at about 3-5lbs per a nice tree. Lot's of nice top's for sure.

Best of luck and I'll be watching. Remember, to have some 2x4's ready for lower support of the branches. TK did a great job with his.
Later,
BG

T

tattoojim

Is the flowering time long on the Bettys? 100 gal!?!?! Wow. That is how its done brutha! I wish I could do outside at my house. Too many kids in the area though. not worth it. Keep us all posted.

Peace

yes sir they do have a long flowering. i wish icould run m outside my house too,but these girls are gonna b in a safe place. 100 gallon smart pot= a big ass tree i hope lol

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
tattoojim, I will be watching this thread too! This should be excellent! BillyGoat, Yes sir, I do remember keeping an eye on Chuckys Bangkok Betty grow..was a real sativa show for sure! Sweet germ rates on the seeds too! Good on you Billy for getting us the sativa seeds to grow for everyone (like me), who is a sativa freak! Thank you once again! Please keep up the good work! monkey5

Top Bottom