barney's farm Acapulco gold grow 2

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so far after a 6 day hang dry this is turning into a disappointment that would make your mother cry . i have trimmed 2 plants and on 1 plant it was 2.8 oz and on the other 2.5 oz im sure i will lose another .5oz in the paper bags quality is right on the moon but quantity sucks ,
i thought i did everything right could it be im not watering enough ? or the organic nutrients ? back when i was using fox farm soil trio i was averaging 4 oz a plant
will update later with pics

Mothman

Mothman

so far after a 6 day hang dry this is turning into a disappointment that would make your mother cry . i have trimmed 2 plants and on 1 plant it was 2.8 oz and on the other 2.5 oz im sure i will lose another .5oz in the paper bags quality is right on the moon but quantity sucks ,
i thought i did everything right could it be im not watering enough ? or the organic nutrients ? back when i was using fox farm soil trio i was averaging 4 oz a plant
Sorry to hear that brudda. Maybe more pee next time? I dunno. 😉

growsince79

growsince79

How's the density? I like to judge by loose dry jar weight. My sativas might only have 1oz per jar, and the densest indica can be 2oz jars. I do agree, you probably get better yields with bottle nutes. Have you tried dynagrow?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

How's the density? I like to judge by loose dry jar weight. My sativas might only have 1oz per jar, and the densest indica can be 2oz jars. I do agree, you probably get better yields with bottle nutes. Have you tried dynagrow?
top colas are dense but the buds under those are small feels like cotton i have not tried dynagrow i do have some greenleaf nutrients im gonna be using soon but dame i got 15 lbs each of gaia green all purpose and power bloom lol i do like using it maybe i dont water enough i only gave them .5 gallon every 2 to 4 days i just think i should be pulling more out of photos at least 3 to 5 oz lol

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

That is disappointing. Your plants looked great, too. I got 4 oz. per plant from mine. I used the FF trio and Bloom City Kelp (with advice from @GNick55). We love the quality of this weed and I'm hoping for better production from my next crop. I am planning to use Gaia Green next time. I'm hoping to grow Acapulco Gold again this fall.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

That is disappointing. Your plants looked great, too. I got 4 oz. per plant from mine. I used the FF trio and Bloom City Kelp (with advice from @GNick55). We love the quality of this weed and I'm hoping for better production from my next crop. I am planning to use Gaia Green next time. I'm hoping to grow Acapulco Gold again this fall.
gaia green is what i used this time what size pots were u in ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i been looking through my threads and the grows i got 4 oz a plant i was using 5 gallon pots and ff trio lol now i been using 3 gallon pots and gaia green and its been 2.5 oz per plant

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

gaia green is what i used this time what size pots were u in ?
I used 7-gallon fabric pots.

i been looking through my threads and the grows i got 4 oz a plant i was using 5 gallon pots and ff trio lol now i been using 3 gallon pots and gaia green and its been 2.5 oz per plant
My thinking about pot size is that the larger the pot (or volume of soil), the more forgiving the soil will be regarding nutrients. Another way to think of it is that the smaller the pot, the more careful the grower needs to be about providing nutrients. Of course, the fertility of the soil matters a great deal, as well. So it might be that organic nutrition might work better with larger volumes of soil. That, I believe, would not be true for synthetic nutrition.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

4 plants so far and about 9.5 oz 2.5 oz average per plant , these were the smaller plants i figured they would be 2 or 3 oz a plant
i got 3 plants left they are the taller plants i think there at least 3 oz per plant i will have around 17 oz of of 7 plants this time
IMG 20230502 012400885
IMG 20230502 012407323
IMG 20230504 211042167
IMG 20230504 211050191
IMG 20230504 211104906

SSgrower

SSgrower

I told him I used it, it's great as I used Grow for veg then in Flower I'd use bloom w/FF Big Bud as a booster and got good results. SS

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

in my 4x4 i just dropped 3 cheese and 3 white afghan from ganja farmer seeds in soil i also have 2 spacewrangler from backyard boogie germinating
in a few weeks when my grizzly crinkle gets done in the 3x3 i will be starting a 420 fastbud grow haven't decided what strain yet

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Nice job. Looks great, I can't figure how to tell if they are ready to harvest. Because in my mind those look ready. I'm growing the exact same strain, I also had some of the same problems. Seemed like 1/2 the crop were very sensitive to light and would burn. The other 1/2 were at the same distance away from light and were doing great. Anyway great job, hope I can get there one day. Yall keep ranchin

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Nice job. Looks great, I can't figure how to tell if they are ready to harvest. Because in my mind those look ready. I'm growing the exact same strain, I also had some of the same problems. Seemed like 1/2 the crop were very sensitive to light and would burn. The other 1/2 were at the same distance away from light and were doing great. Anyway great job, hope I can get there one day. Yall keep ranchin
I've grown this strain and will grow it again. I also had similar problems, including bad leaf fade after the flip. My thinking is that I didn't have the nutrients correct. I suspect it was a Mg deficiency. I plan to add Epsom Salts and other nutrients to the soil next time. I also plan to change the nutrients sooner, like a week or two before the flip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom