• Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

1/11/23 dropped 7 beans in water
1/12/23 went to papertowel and bag
1/13/23 dropped 7 beans in soil
using reused pro mix premium moisture control with added perlite
using gaia green all purpose during veg then power bloom during flower
ac infinity 4x4 tent and plan on using 2 mars hydro ts1000 and 1 mars hydro tsl 2000
4 lb work casting mixed into 23 gallons of pro mix premium
Barneys farm aculpoca gold grow 2
Barneys farm aculpoca gold grow 2 2

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

do you agree mycorrhizae is something to consider during transplant, we would apply mycoroot and liquid kelp
no i can not agree but only because i have never done it , i just transplant .
i will only be using 3 things from this point on 1 water , 2 worm castings , and 3 gaia green all pupose for veg and power bloom for flower

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

7 beans dropped 6 has popped so far off to a good start
i will be moving to the 4x4 tent under the mars hydro lights in a few days
IMG 20230115 170812842
IMG 20230115 170816895
IMG 20230115 170821244
IMG 20230115 170828792
IMG 20230115 170842288
IMG 20230115 170854063

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Nice. Acapulco Gold.......did you misspell it purposely..? ;) . Sometimes I think there are misspellings on seeds sites because they're in other countries/languages, and simetimes I think it's because they're not "true" strains, or literally from those locations, but "their versions" of those strains. I don't think the people at Barney's travelled to Acapulco to collect seeds from local farmers.....maybe they did, I don't know....

Acapulco gold is one of the strains I have that I'll get to, and not just from Barney's but from a couple of landrace sites....

Are you doing anything different in your growing this strain? Besides the fact that it's a Sativa.......anything you're looking to adjust to focus on this particular strain?

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Nice. Acapulco Gold.......did you misspell it purposely..? ;) . Sometimes I think there are misspellings on seeds sites because they're in other countries/languages, and simetimes I think it's because they're not "true" strains, or literally from those locations, but "their versions" of those strains. I don't think the people at Barney's travelled to Acapulco to collect seeds from local farmers.....maybe they did, I don't know....

Acapulco gold is one of the strains I have that I'll get to, and not just from Barney's but from a couple of landrace sites....

Are you doing anything different in your growing this strain? Besides the fact that it's a Sativa.......anything you're looking to adjust to focus on this particular strain?
I'm growing this strain, too. My crop is in the fourth week of flower. This strain is not the original. It's 70% sativa and 30% indica. Barney's Farm trademarked the name: Acapulco Gold™

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm growing this strain, too. My crop is in the fourth week of flower. This strain is not the original. It's 70% sativa and 30% indica. Barney's Farm trademarked the name: Acapulco Gold™
Wait, they trademarked the name Acapulco Gold?? Correctly spelled? Somehow I don't find that cool at all. Maybe if they took the time and effort to travel there, keep the strain as pure/true as possible........but under these circumstances? Not cool.....

So here's what I'd be interested in, and maybe it doesn't matter if we can also get a truer version from other sources, but would it be possible to grow Barney's version......Barney's, like the Flintstones, and they're gonna trademark Acapulco gold......anyway, can we find the more sativa-leaning plants, try to get the Indica out of it, and tweak it back over time?

It'll be very interesting to see how BiggerBud's come out....

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

no im just stupid and i love it when smartasses like yourself who remind me of the fact . i would change it if i could but i cant

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i doubt you remember but i told you all they did when i have the gold thread is complain about it not being the real thing , they don't do this on your thread tho lol

Last edited:
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Wait, they trademarked the name Acapulco Gold?? Correctly spelled? Somehow I don't find that cool at all. Maybe if they took the time and effort to travel there, keep the strain as pure/true as possible........but under these circumstances? Not cool.....
Maybe not cool, but inevitable. Some company was sure to do it sooner or later. I imagine other familiar names will be trademarked, if they aren't already.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

i doubt you remember but i told you all they did when i have the gold thread is complain about it not the real thing , they don't do this on your thread tho lol
I remember. I posted a quote at the end of it in which the company explained that it is intended to be a modern version of the old favorite. No one has been complaining it not being the original in my thread.

I don't see a problem with attempting to breed better strains, especially strains that work well with indoor growing. Anyway, that Pandora's Box has already been opened.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I remember. I posted a quote at the end of it in which the company explained that it is intended to be a modern version of the old favorite. No one has been complaining it not being the original in my thread.

I don't see a problem with attempting to breed better strains, especially strains that work well with indoor growing. Anyway, that Pandora's Box has already been opened.
this is my fourth time growing this strain 2 times from growers choice and 2 times from barneys farm

Top Bottom