Barneys Farm blue cheese wtf?

• Thread starter momstheword
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

momstheword

hey and regards to all farmers just a heads up on this one.I have known 3 close friends who have grown the barneys farm blue cheese and having grown myself the big buddha blue cheese, big buddha cheese as well as the og clone only cheese,and having smoked my fair share of cheddar too i feel i am qualified to comment,and feel obliged to do so on behalf of all the people who may have grown the barneys blue cheese and been disappointed,or wondered what all the hype is about.(I understand the greenhouse seeds co has also run out of the true cheese seeds gifted to them by big buddha himself for allowing their facilities to be used for the production of the feminised versions,and since have been selling an entirely different plant to their unsuspecting customers,trying to ride the cheese cash wave as far as it will go,but i digress....)I believe the barneys plant has some relation to cheese at least in flavour,but no where near deep enough and more citrusy than anything else,the same result from 3 unrelated people and grows from seed.In short it is not blue cheese so i urge any farmers interested in this strain to buy their seeds from the original breeder.The same is to be said when buying seeds of any variety go to the person that knows not someone cashing in on the legend of someone elses hard work.:RastaBong:rant done thx

joeca1i

joeca1i

the original breeder is sensi seeds.Buts its gonna be hard to find a cheese pheno similar to the cheese cut.Drgreenthumb gots the s1 ,but its sold out.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have grown Blue cheeze before. I agree with you on what you explain. What I have came to a conclusion is it is pretty much for the blind. What I mean by that is, it smells super dank, but does not look dank at all. Not too much of a great high either. Not sure if I was growing the barneys farm cut though.

M

momstheword

the original breeder is sensi seeds.

@joecali;I concur that the skunk#1 seeds from which the original uk cheese clone hailed from were indeed bred by sensi,but a particular pheno that mutated and evolved almost throughout 10 or more years of cloning and sharing,into what we know of as cheese.I've grown sensis sk#1,more than once...ive also had access thru a friend that works for the seedbank to seeds that would have been from the same batches as the skunk seeds that made their way to the uk almost 20 years ago,but i have not found the 'cheese'.the only time i have found the 'cheese' in any strain unrelated to the cheese seeds bred from that uber sk#1 clone was in a pack of chimera breeders ultimix a few years ago.

M

momstheword

I have grown Blue cheeze before. I agree with you on what you explain. What I have came to a conclusion is it is pretty much for the blind. What I mean by that is, it smells super dank, but does not look dank at all. Not too much of a great high either. Not sure if I was growing the barneys farm cut though.

True uk cheese is a growers dream plant and dank in every sense.When grown properly cheese ought to be capable of giving any top notch herb a run for its money in every department,resin count,flavour effect etc.It could be said that some of the seed variants suffer a slightly lower calyx/leaf ratio than the og clone but you're gonna have some awesome tasting hash so no big deal.My point was tho, that any farmers wanting to give the cheese a go should plump for bigbuddhas because he is the only guy that has true f1 cheese seeds

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I agree with you about the UK Cheese. But this is not about the UK Cheese. This is about the Bleu Cheese strain. Blueberry x Cheese. All the growers I have seen grow it pretty much turns out the same. Not too much resin conetent. Does have one hell of a good smell. Mediocre high. Tastes great, less filling.
And yes we do have the real UK cheese clone only here in Oregon from the UK. That plant is much different and way better than the blue cheese is.

Top Bottom