Basement Of Death...

• Thread starter KBofBB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KBofBB

First off let me say that the people involved with this are not new by any means. Decades of growing, and never ever ever seen or heard of this. With that said, we have a basement of death.

We have different grown at several different locations, each with its own variables to deal with, but each variable has always been dealt with successfully. This basement however has us stumped, as NOTHING will grow properly in it. The growth all slows to a crawl and any strain no matter how healthy, no matter seed or clone dramatically stunts.

First let me eliminate some things that we have been vigilante in testing or can simply eliminate.
-pH is always spot on. Monitored by bluelab.
-coco has not only been tested its the same soil being used at other locations. Royal gold tupur. Also tried making our own to make sure it was cleaned very very well. Neither have mattered. Again, same coco works like a charm at all the other locations. We use it the exact same.
-not believes to be bacterial. every piece of equipment and inch of room was cleaned as if it were an operating room.
-not believed to be bugs for reasons listed above. Plus we have high power microscopes that have revealed nothing. And there aren't really signs of any bugs we know of.
-not heat. It's 72f
-not lack of air movement or stale air. Fans and 8 inch inline fans are circulating and pulling air in and out.
- co2 monitor is reading 400 with fans on, 500 with fans off.

Plants all are getting bumps on the top of leaves. They are NOT eggs or bugs, it is the leaf swelling up in small tiny bumps. (Pics can get taken tonight). After that happens they stunt and grow so slow with some plants throwing out weird(ish) growth.

Again, I'll get pics tonight... But they are so subtle that I'm not sure if we are going to need a macro lense or not.

Any initial thoughts? I'm assuming I left some info out, so fire away with questions.

Cheers and thank you,
- A very stumped kb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Imo 72 is a bit low for anything other than past week 6 in flower. I grow in a basement setting, my veg room is 84* and 72%rh, perfect on the VDP chart. My clone room is 82* and 65%rh, my flower room (sealed, 1000ppm co2 w/fuzzy logic, 78* leaf temp, 82* ambient air temp, 3x 600 air cooled hoods, 65%rh, tons of air movement.

Imo raise those veg room temps and your prob should be reaolved. Low temps in veg will.cause a stall in growth....from my own personal grows in the past 4 yrs.

If your ph is spot on, no bugs or deficiencies, medium good. Any discoloration on the fans or curling inwards?

dmshayne

dmshayne

First off let me say that the people involved with this are not new by any means. Decades of growing, and never ever ever seen or heard of this. With that said, we have a basement of death.

We have different grown at several different locations, each with its own variables to deal with, but each variable has always been dealt with successfully. This basement however has us stumped, as NOTHING will grow properly in it. The growth all slows to a crawl and any strain no matter how healthy, no matter seed or clone dramatically stunts.

First let me eliminate some things that we have been vigilante in testing or can simply eliminate.
-pH is always spot on. Monitored by bluelab.
-coco has not only been tested its the same soil being used at other locations. Royal gold tupur. Also tried making our own to make sure it was cleaned very very well. Neither have mattered. Again, same coco works like a charm at all the other locations. We use it the exact same.
-not believes to be bacterial. every piece of equipment and inch of room was cleaned as if it were an operating room.
-not believed to be bugs for reasons listed above. Plus we have high power microscopes that have revealed nothing. And there aren't really signs of any bugs we know of.
-not heat. It's 72f
-not lack of air movement or stale air. Fans and 8 inch inline fans are circulating and pulling air in and out.
- co2 monitor is reading 400 with fans on, 500 with fans off.

Plants all are getting bumps on the top of leaves. They are NOT eggs or bugs, it is the leaf swelling up in small tiny bumps. (Pics can get taken tonight). After that happens they stunt and grow so slow with some plants throwing out weird(ish) growth.

Again, I'll get pics tonight... But they are so subtle that I'm not sure if we are going to need a macro lense or not.

Any initial thoughts? I'm assuming I left some info out, so fire away with questions.

Cheers and thank you,
- A very stumped kb
Some pictures would be very helpful :)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Have u ruled out broad mites?wen everything else checks out and u dont see any pests...that really sounds like broad mites. @bulldogg11 has some experience with the buggers.theyr microscopic so it would be easy to miss.theyr so small that many can come into your garden on the leg of a fungus gnat.
prevention is always the key and allways quarantine any new cuts for a few weeks before letting it into your grow room properly.

K

KBofBB

As for broad mites. I don't think anything could survive the cleanings that this guy has done to these rooms. Broad mites were his initial thought 2 years ago... So he went hog wild. Cleaned so intensely, walls, floors, containers, lights anything and everything. Nothing was kept (no plants, or soil). And when re-started they were from seed. Same issues. So same cleaning happened, and he thought maybe if I bring in established clones. Same thing.

And I don't think it's broad mites. As real as I know they are, I should have them if he did... Like really should have them. He is at my place a lot. He is the only other gardener I let in. But so far so good. He is a clean clean dude.... I just have a real hard time believing it is any bug.

Btw, broad and russet mites are the new mosiac virus. Way too many people claim to have them. If the amount of people had them and they spread as easy as everyone says plus as hard(impossible)to kill as everyone says. Then I don't think we would be producing much good product. Nearly every persons garden would be destroyed by broad/russet if it was everyone claims.

With that said, I still hope he doesn't have them

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Is there a water heater,heater or co2 burner down there that might be putting out ethylene gas?Ethylene is invisible and sinks so will just build up in a basement and will fubar your shit fast.
Maybe throw a tomato plant in there as an indicator plant and see if it eats shit real fast.

Last edited:
Natural

Natural

Is there a water heater,heater or co2 burner down there that might be putting out ethylene gas?Ethylene is invisible and sinks so will just build up in a basement and will fubar your shit fast.
Maybe throw a tomato plant in there as an indicator plant and see if it eats shit real fast.
that's an interesting thought. carbon monoxide from dirty pilot burner on furnace or water heater or co2 burner on the same note. maybe check the water source for pathogens too..bad well water or slimy storage rez

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Sounds like off gassing to me also. I had the problem in my veg room recently, when humidity would get high you could almost smell fresh paint and plants yellow faster then shit. But my flower room right next to it painted with different paint turns them right around.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Is your hot water heater exhaust into the grow area?
I've heard that the off gas from a gas water heater can cause damage. Otherwise I would say that you have some sort of pathogen like fusarium or something like that. Best of luck peace

Top Bottom