Basic Buds Australia

• Thread starter Basic Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lil pEte

The clones are 8 days old and are already rooting through the jiffy's. These were cut and planted without cloning gel and are showing great progress! I am actually amazed considering I have not been keeping an eye on humidity nor moisture.
The clone in the cup is 3 weeks old and have sprouted new kolars and shade leaves. these were really weak cuttings so I am surprised it held on.

I suck at cloning : (
I tried a fogger, and misters, I have some Pete pellets I am going to try it your way today cause I've had only 1 root out of 10!
So thanks for showing your success.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

I tried a fogger, and misters, I have some Pete pellets I am going to try it your way today cause I've had only 1 root out of 10!
Ahh man that's unlucky, hope this method works for you! I found soaking the whole cutting in miracle grow worked a lot better than my first attempt. Any questions you may have man I'm all ears keep us updated

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Day 39: Transplanted the clones into larger containers, which had a nice formation of roots spreading around the width of the original home. Fed them well and now they are back under 12/12 cycle to continue doing their thing :)
Plants are doing well also. I will update the feed later with a better camera

WP 20160128 005
WP 20160128 007
WP 20160128 006
WP 20160128 008
WP 20160128 001
WP 20160128 003
WP 20160127 001
WP 20160128 002
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

If you spray clones directly it can cause damping off, they turn to mush on the stem and fall over.

Mist only the humidity dome
Keep away from intense light and keep it in warm area
Use a clean new(washed with alcohol and dried) razor blade
Take the cutting, trim leaves, lay gently on paper plate and slide the razor gently as you make the 45° cut making sure not to smash the stem as you cut.

God bless

L

Lil pEte

I have to mention this,
In 2009 I bought two cfl's from a brand called "lights of America" used for veg for years, one broke but the other one still works great after all these years. They were 60 watt mushroom cfl's at 6500 spectrum though.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

I have to mention this,
In 2009 I bought two cfl's from a brand called "lights of America" used for veg for years, one broke but the other one still works great after all these years. They were 60 watt mushroom cfl's at 6500 spectrum though.
So they are worth the buy then yeah? I was also looking at a 100w 6500 full spectrum from the same website I posted. But I would need a 2700k also wouldn't i?

L

Lil pEte

I love them, when this last one finally goes I'm sure I'll pick up a couple more. Seedlings love em.
For flower yeah 2700 for sure but I've no experience flowering with cfl's .
I keep adding and deleting this Apollo hps from my cart.

I bet if you keep giving em sunlight with the 2700's you will be fine

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

I love them, when this last one finally goes I'm sure I'll pick up a couple more. Seedlings love em.
For flower yeah 2700 for sure but I've no experience flowering with cfl's .
I keep adding and deleting this Apollo hps from my cart.

I bet if you keep giving em sunlight with the 2700's you will be fine
Awesome reply! Thanks man, my confidence with cfl's are growing day by day. They really are an intriguing light source! I try to give them as much sunlight as I can, but with the weather hasn't been nice here in Australia lately

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Update on clones - Day 20: Great growth! Still deciding if I want to upsize the medium or grow out in the cups....

WP 20160201 004
Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Day 43: Flowering is well in process. I apologise again for my crappy camera.. Thinking about doubling the feeds, (currently following recommended doses of one feed per week). I am using Miracle grow- bloom, any recommendations of other nutes I could possibly use also?

WP 20160201 001
WP 20160201 002
WP 20160201 005
scottyyo

scottyyo

I definitely have a preference for using screens/nets and fimming alot. Something to contemplate maybe? especially with cfls. have all the plant at one height with the screen and just lay like 4-5 cfls directly over it giving even light to all the plant.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

I definitely have a preference for using screens/nets and fimming alot. Something to contemplate maybe? especially with cfls. have all the plant at one height with the screen and just lay like 4-5 cfls directly over it giving even light to all the plant.
That's some good advise man. At the beginning, I seen quite a few grows done that exact way you describe and I really considered it... Thing was, I got so deep into researching other aspects of growing gods gift that I overlooked the info I needed to learn. I made a few mistakes at the begging (which were the result of impatience), and decided to learn the basics of cfl's first. Half way through my grow i screened them but it was way too early! So i had to remove it.. I will most certainly be mastering it next time though! With the advise and moral support i receive off fellow mellow growers like yourself, i won't have any dramas getting the info i need. Thanks mate and to everyone reading who has helped me on through my rookie mistakes, a big thank you! ✌ i just wish i could grow some bomb ass skunk like you Americans, but hardly anyone over here are interested in growing with passion. They just want the profit.. I got THCfarmers.com to thank for the connection i have with a intelligent, genuine, nice group of humans you find on this page. Stay classy ✌

L

Lil pEte

I was just wondering, do you have anything to
Trap that light in with your plants more?
Like some white plastic? Or paint some cardboard white?

Also, just my opinion but I would focus the light more
At the top.
If it wasn't for a couple hours of sunlight per day, my plants
Would be bald under the canopy, no penetration at all with
The 100 watt led.

Top Bottom