Basic Buds Australia

• Thread starter Basic Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Hello fellow growers. Never done hydroponics before, so I thought I would give it a go! All my grows are on a strict budget so for now I'm constructing my own. For my grow, I've decided to go for quick flower and harvest asap. My question is, will this container be suitable? Also, the basket im using for this is actually soft rubber, like a massive grommet. Will that affect the grow in any way? taking into count I am growing short and sweet. I will have it completed tomorrow when I purchase a pump and chemicals

Basic buds australia
Basic buds australia 2
Basic buds australia 3
ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I would think you would have no problems with that container for a very small grow. It appears to be for protein powder so I assume it's food safe.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Just be careful with the fittings you use, it took me ages to get my homebuilt system to not leak. That container may make it easier but I think you'll need to finely sand any edges of holes you make in it to make sure it isn't rough. I've heard uniseals work best.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Just be careful with the fittings you use, it took me ages to get my homebuilt system to not leak. That container may make it easier but I think you'll need to finely sand any edges of holes you make in it to make sure it isn't rough. I've heard uniseals work best.
What if I use silicon gap filler around the edge's? Because the container is a soft plastic I'm confident I wont have any drama there.

Is there any cheaper alternative way of growing hydroponics without buying the expensive chemicals? Just curious

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

The silicon could work just keep in mind most silicon isn't designed for hydrostatic pressure (below water line) so be sure you know what you're getting. Though it's cheap enough it'd definitely be the first thing I try.

As far as hydro on the cheap? Someone else with more expertise there may be able to answer. I am not too familiar with alternative methods of hydro outside of aquaponics which is in general out of reach for a new grower.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I will be connecting the hose through the top of the lid so the water line will be below the entry point. sorry the picture isn't very detailed

Sounds like you got it figured out! Tag me if you post a grow journal using this little system I'd like to see it in action.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Sounds like you got it figured out! Tag me if you post a grow journal using this little system I'd like to see it in action.
Sure thing! I'll be sure to keep it updated. should be getting my hands on some random seed mix next week, should be all sorted by then. happy growing mate

L

Lil pEte

That's real good thinking, with that protein container.
Man I have a couple big ones around here too, but they are white.

While reading yours, I was thinking about wha to do with mine. I think I'll use em for hempy pots, cause if I go with h2o I'll have to lug extra water home lol.
The h2o here is real nasty. Like ph @ 11 and 450 ppm's. Even using ph down the next day it's back up.

What's the h2o like in Australia where you are?

Latest posts

Top Bottom