Basic Soil Question

• Thread starter Botanikos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Botanikos

Botanikos

Been looking around for a good base soil mix and all I see are the just add water mixtures.

I plan on watering and feeding and want to see what are some good soil mixtures for this grow?

I'm not too sure but I've gotta ask... Would have to cook these mixtures like I would the other ones I've seen where it wont be ready for 2 weeks +/-.

V

vierundzwanzig

good on you Botanikos
I admire a person who gets what they want instead of following every body else.
I've found a mixture of coco coir, perlite, peat moss and compost to be best for me you do want to add some trace elements and beneficials though.
I cant give you a real percentile breakdown but it's close to 30 30 30 10 compost being the least added, personally I add just as much EWC as compost they are both quickly used up so you really dont have to count/cook it like supersoil.

good luck partner

Botanikos

Botanikos

I found a really good mixture that I'm trying out with coco coir, peat moss, EWC, bat guano, dol. lime and a few other items. I've gotta check my ingredient list but those are the ones that really stand out in my mind.

Yeah def would like to add some trace elements and beneficials.

I've researched the most of the forums and it's usually equal parts, though I'm trending on using more coco coir than peat moss cause its more environmentally responsible and I've got an unlimited supply as of July.

Don't like the supersoil as much cause it seems like it doesn't give too much room for play and cooking when you're in a crunch can be a pain.

manitoid.

manitoid.

Good base soilless mix:
5 parts peat or coco moss
3 parts perlite
2 parts EWC
2 T/gal powderized dolomite lime

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Don't forget your Cap's Bennies (especially the nute pack when mixing soil). Good stuff. My plants will never go without it again.

outwest

EVOKE

EVOKE

YO outwest what ups... how them caps bennies werkn for u...

EVOKE

EVOKE

i gotta get me some... i just got A1 nutes line up about to run the g.o.d gear...

manitoid.

manitoid.

I'm not too sure but I've gotta ask... Would have to cook these mixtures like I would the other ones I've seen where it wont be ready for 2 weeks +/-.

Missed this part, with a basic soil no need to cook! It's ready instantly.

Top Bottom