Basking in the California Sun

• Thread starter Toroa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
My small area takes three pictures to get it all in. It is 16 x 16 and active year round! Digdug!!
20140418 131723
20140418 131556
20140418 131802

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
Hi everyone I live in Southern California and I was wondering how many of you actually grow all year round outdoor. How many of you grow outdoor during the winter season here in California. I did it last winter with good results

I'm currently on my second outdoor crop for this year. I harvested my winter crop in mid February I put down 2 plants (213 OG clone and La Diva from Delicious seeds) in September of 2013. The La Diva was finished by November 29th.

213 OG (winter 2013)
View attachment 397594
213 OG (winter 2013)
View attachment 397595

La Diva Delicious Seeds
View attachment 397590
About 2 days after harvesting I received another 213 OG clone and 5 days after that I received 2 more 213s. I also started to putting down seeds all different strains:

Shiskaberry
White Widow (Royal Queen Seeds)
Big Bud (Vision)
Tijuana (Blimburn)
Northern Lights Auto (Royal Queen Seeds)
Think Different Auto (Dutch Passion)
Critical Auto (Blimburn)
Amnesia Original Auto (Dinafem)
213 OG (from seed)
and 10 bag seeds that were given to me by someone who had been collecting them for 20 years

By mid March all the 213 OGs started to flower.

213 OG Veg (spring 2014)
View attachment 397597

213 OG (spring 2014)
View attachment 397596 mini 213 OG
View attachment 397601

As of April 16 2014 Northern Lights, 213 (seed and clones) are the only ones flowering.

Northern Lights Auto (Royal Queen Seeds)
View attachment 397610
So that's my crop. There are a few more but none of them are really flowering yet. I did start flushing 2 of the 213 clones and more to come on that.

Back to my original question.
How many of you Cali growers grow year round OUTDOOR? tips or tricks?

and

Any of you try DWC outdoor in SoCal? I'm thinking about giving it a shot want to know if any of you have any good tips or tricks on running DWC outdoor?

Thanks.
Im getting ready to setup a big outdoor aquaponics system with an ebb&flow setup. Ill be running veggies and stuff at first, then experiment with buds later after its dialed. Digdug!!

Toroa

Toroa

Im getting ready to setup a big outdoor aquaponics system with an ebb&flow setup. Ill be running veggies and stuff at first, then experiment with buds later after its dialed. Digdug!!
I was just talking about the aquaponics with my girlfriends dad and he was so into it. We eventually want to get a aquaponic system going but at the moment I'm looking at trying to run a DWC outdoor at my place. Maybe just one bucket at first.

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
@caregiverken I agree with you on the gsc, I dont have the fourm cut I have the gsc from cloneville. And here she is full of seeds right now, Ready for harvest next week. The male I used was a bamf og x fire og bx who was very short and stout. Bamf fire cookies! Digdug!!
20140411 172456
20140411 172523

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just want to stick my face in that and motorboat it.
Eyes CLOSED! Ain't nothin' like a resin burn.

Ken, Ken, Ken. Oh my goodness, KEN! I love looking at these pix you put up and remembering back to when you first joined, still. I get a real kick out of it. You're a REAL good learner. :D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken, Ken, Ken. Oh my goodness, KEN! I love looking at these pix you put up and remembering back to when you first joined, still. I get a real kick out of it. You're a REAL good learner. :D
:shy: Thanks Seamaiden :smug: I learned alot here on the farm. from great folks like you!
I also learned alot from lots of trial and error..:depressed:
still lots of error..:facepalm: and trials....But I love this plant! :) and its people!

:D

Toroa

Toroa

Eyes CLOSED! Ain't nothin' like a resin burn.

I licked the spoon this one time I was making bubble hash my throat was burning that was not fun.

Prestige

Prestige

Seriously can't wait for harvest, bro. They are going to get massive! I can taste that sweet, sweet dank now :hungry:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You dont get those fucked up moth's laying their eggs on our buds in the winter!! No worm in your buds in the winter months. Thats a plus in my book! Digdug!!
Yeah I agree!
But the mites come early..
I just killed a bunch in the green house with Mighty wash.

I was spraying water and Iso alcohol but they kept coming back
fucking alcoholic mites now!
iso prevents PM though

Toroa

Toroa

This year toward the end of my winter harvest like 1 day before I harvested I got a minor aphid infestation. I was able to just pluck the leaves and that was it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom