Bat Guano

• Thread starter mmmdankbuds420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Start of week four and I want to top dress my soil with some bat guano. Could anybody school me a little. Good idea or bad idea? Thanks guys.

organicozarks

organicozarks

If you are going to "top dress" in the 4th week I would mix up a 1/2 to 1 cup of guano in a gallon of water, and shake the hell out of it. Then pour the liquid in. It will get things going a bit faster, and you will avoid the crusting. Guano slurry works very well.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

If you are going to "top dress" in the 4th week I would mix up a 1/2 to 1 cup of guano in a gallon of water, and shake the hell out of it. Then pour the liquid in. It will get things going a bit faster, and you will avoid the crusting. Guano slurry works very well.
Organic, I looked at your profile a little bit. Might I trouble you for some tea tips? Thanks for the slurry idea. Since I'm getting close to that halfway point am I gonna want a guano with more P or K? Thanks guys. Much appreciated :)

Funkstarfish

Funkstarfish

High P bat gauno for flower... ideally you would have top dressed a week or 2 earlier, but we will work with what we have for now. I agree with the idea of the slurry, just helps the bennies break the poo down faster.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I hate to rain on everyone's parade but using Bat shit is very dangerous, and can rune your life and lungs. A lesser known danger from using bat shit and one that is not as easy to avoid, is histoplasmosis, a disease you can get from exposure to bat guano. (also called Cave Disease, Spelunker's Lung)So when your pouring it out and top dressing think about what the results could mean to your health for the fest of your life. I suggest you fine something else to use that has less chance of harming you.

If you just got to use it than you need a face mask that can filter particulate matter of 1 milli-micron in diameter

organicozarks

organicozarks

I hate to rain on everyone's parade but using Bat shit is very dangerous, and can rune your life and lungs. A lesser known danger from using bat shit and one that is not as easy to avoid, is histoplasmosis, a disease you can get from exposure to bat guano. (also called Cave Disease, Spelunker's Lung)So when your pouring it out and top dressing think about what the results could mean to your health for the fest of your life. I suggest you fine something else to use that has less chance of harming you.

If you just got to use it than you need a face mask that can filter particulate matter of 1 milli-micron in diameter

There are dangers with all amendments. A face mask should be worn when handling any organic soil amendment. How many cases of this disease are there every year in America? I go off of data not hype. The data shows there is not much to worry about as long as you wear a mask.

Their are people that say the same thing about spraying compost tea. You actually can't get certified organic if you foliar feed compost. Uneducated motherfuckers.

organicozarks

organicozarks

Organic, I looked at your profile a little bit. Might I trouble you for some tea tips? Thanks for the slurry idea. Since I'm getting close to that halfway point am I gonna want a guano with more P or K? Thanks guys. Much appreciated :)

Making compost tea is super easy, and if you add your high p guano in it at the beginning of the brew you will be good to go. That is all I feed my pants through their entire life. Nothing else. I typically grow 30 plus different vegetables, and that is all they get. The same with cannabis. It is all you need.

You should check out www.microbeorganics.com, and read up on it a bit. YOu could also buy the book Teaming with Microbes.

N

Nesta B

I use seabird guano in compost teas right up to the flush. Never mind bat guano. The numbers on bat guano are weak. Sea bird guano is mad cheap earthjuice seabird guano is 55 dollars for a 50 pound bag. You don't want to top feed and get that dust all over your buds. Teas are the way to go imho.

Thedoorz420

Thedoorz420

I make a Mexican Guano Tea for veg (10-1-1) and i use Jamaican Guano tea in flower (0-10-0) all mixed with worm casting, kelp, alphalpha, and Molasses throw in in a 5 gal bucket pumped madddddd air in that bucket wait 24 hours or till you got a nice foaming situation and thats your basic teas, just be aware that the Ph comes out 7.0 so usually i use half the tea and mix it with my everyday nutrient line. Take note you pour the mollases in the water and everything else you put in a tea bag type sac i use a paint brush wash net

Top Bottom