BB & Northern lights (newby)

• Thread starter momule
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

momule

Well this is my second attempt. I only use 2 40 watt CFL's and so far I've produced plants that grew 5ft tall the first go around but a friend recommended that i keep them much shorter and i would get better results. My problem is i don't technically know when they are prime to pick. I was hoping you folks could help me with some signs of the optimal time to harvest. I am at 22 days today.

Thanks in advance.
momule
Bb  northern lights newby
Bb  northern lights newby 2
Bb  northern lights newby 3
Bb  northern lights newby 4
Bb  northern lights newby 5

greystache

greystache

Hey man, nice looking plants. Typically a plant takes 55-70 days once you have started flowering. If you are on day 22, these are looking pretty good so far. The size of the plant is all personal preference, however when indoor you typically have space restrictions. If you are in a closet, then maybe a 5 footer isn't terribly appropriate. Watch out for powdery mildew when indoor, you should try to keep the humidity controlled as close as you can to 30 % once in flowering!

Hope this helps

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Hate to break it to you, but I think you have spider mites. Not sure what else that spotting could be.

outwest

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

Yea, that spotting is tell tale, get a microscope out 30x or higher and check under those leaves, you will know within 10 seconds if you have mites.

lifewater42

lifewater42

When your trichs begin to turn amberish its close time to chop

M

momule

I don't have a microscope handy. Suggestions on where to find and inexpensive one that will work. I read somewhere that you could see the trichs and know when to harvest and if i remember it was a 30x. Thanks for the heads up on the spider mites. What are some good organic/natural remedies or is it best to use commercial products? Is this round wasted ya think or can i treat the mites and save them.

Thanks
Nick

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I hate to say it, but if they've been untreated this long it may be a wash. I'm certainly not an expert in this regard. I had spider mites on a previous run, and I caught it, was proactive, used SNS217, got rid of them (I thought), then they came back. I then got predator mites that ate the spider mites, and I have not seen a spider mite since, although I run a proactive foliar regimen now. It definitely effected yield and quality. I alternate between azamax, compost tea, a foliar nute (bloom chaos), and distilled water. Make sure to spray with the light raised (away from the mist) and off (to keep the plants from burning). Make sure to thoroughly cover the leaves top and bottom (mites hang out on the bottoms). Lots of people swear by Mighty Wash. Most wal mart type stores will have some form of magnifying glass. Good luck.

outwest

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
100% mites. that sucks. You can see them in the picture you don't need a magnifying glass. SNS 217 will work since you are pretty much in 4th week. You have a shitload I would almost tell you to scrap the grow, bomb the room, wait a few weeks. Bleach everything, ans start from seed this time.

Otherwise, soak them with sns 217 now, and every three days for the next week. SOAK THEM. get a pump sprayer and soak the shit out of them. Spray 10% bleach solution all over everything else. Drop a fogger. WAGE WAR!!!!!

I have a foliar pack that will also help, but by the time you get it you will already be at week 4.... its worth a try though.

The thing with mites, and any other bug... You have to be diligent. Dont slack off.

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

What I would suggest, if you want to keep those plants, is spray with an organic pesticide, like mighty wash, liquid ladybug, or many others. Spray the shit out of the underside of the leaves everyday for a few days. Then keep checking with your microscope, and see what the situation is.

I spray all my plants 2 times a week as a just routine. I like liquid ladybug, because it is all organic and leaves no smell it is mostly peppermint oil and smothers them. You can see the dead bodies with your scope. You need to make a through examinanition of your plants at least once a week. Even if you bomb and whatever, they will come back, they always do. My very first crop was destroyed by mites, I didn't even know it until they were making webs on the buds, too late.

jkar_928

jkar_928

you can use pesticides if you want but its only gonna hurt your buds real live lady bugs will eat all those mites and they wont hurt your plants my buddy calls them little ninjas

Latest posts

Top Bottom