be water my friend....be water

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

is he still the best martial artist to walk this earth?

• yes

• no

• if not please post footage!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaper

Reaper

Met Mark more than A few times... Lets just say we have more than martial arts in common ;) Filmed footage of Dog Brothers Stick Fighting in Hermosa Beach in the park across from his pad back in the day that was used in TLC "Top 10 Ultimate Martial Arts"

The person I know that was certified by "Guru Dan" was tight w/ Burton Richardson, A training partner & rival of Paul Vunak & one of the "Original" Dog Brothers Stick Fighters and is still in contact with "Crafty Dog" Denny... I'll see him later today :D (the person I speak of)

So yeah, We walk the same path :cool: and a lot of people think this is all "Hype" or straight up "Bull Shit" but I beg to differ... This is as real as it gets out of all that I have ever encountered in my lifetime :D

Last edited:
Reaper

Reaper

Funny you should mention a rivalry between Vu and SD. When I told him who I had been training with at the time he smiled and said" i think we can do a little better for you.

Says the guy who lost his Seal Team training gig but who am I to talk trash, I'll never reach his level weather the guy has skeletons in his closet or not...

B

Bowl Finger

@Reaper right on. It's good to know there's other practitioners on the Farm. As for the Vu politics, I stay away from it.
Its been a while since I've been serious about training.
I should look up SD and see how he's been. Probably a busy guy these days

Reaper

Reaper

@Reaper right on. It's good to know there's other practitioners on the Farm. As for the Vu politics, I stay away from it.
Its been a while since I've been serious about training.
I should look up SD and see how he's been. Probably a busy guy these days

Married, 2 kids... Opened A few studios but money's tight for the young and the seasoned veterans alike. Currently training some Die Hard students @ his home, Gigs from the UFC here and there, Give him A holler... If you need A number PM me ;)

P.S. Not into the rivalry politics either but it's funny if your fortunate enough to hear /see it from both sides :D I know there's no Ill Will there... :cool:

Last edited:
B

Bowl Finger

Ad far as what Bruce did and was it street effective, I'd have to say yes.

His theatrical art was vastly different from what he would do if an actual encountet took place.

His speed was incredible as well as all of the other attributes that make someone a formidable opponent. Timing,spacial awareness,footwork etc.

Reaper

Reaper

Ad far as what Bruce did and was it street effective, I'd have to say yes.

His theatrical art was vastly different from what he would do if an actual encountet took place.

His speed was incredible as well as all of the other attributes that make someone a formidable opponent. Timing,spacial awareness,footwork etc.

I would have to agree 100%... Way ahead of his time and completely shattered the traditional mold. One would have to assume as time moved on his style would continue to evolve and remain well ahead of everyone else just based on the fact that he already was and continued to progress...

Take A look at "Bruce Lee by Dan Inosanto" @ 6:00 min mark he covers exactly that... He States: "As Bruce said, What is spectacular for A movie is not practical for the street & What is practical for the street is very dull for A Demonstration"...
In short, Flash is out and function is in... Listen to it in A Masters words, it's far more elegant than I speak ;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I don't think so, got me thinking how that would be different if everyone walked around with a cell phone video Camera back then

Reaper

Reaper

Is there any film of Bruce Lee in a competition fight or something other then a demonstrative fighting or movie fight?

A lot of the footage is held by the "Lee" estate and probably some by Guru Dan but it's rarely seen...

There is footage... This is the cleanest version of A tournament fight Bruce was in that I have seen A few times but it was always really grainy / black & white... Now Digitally Enhanced and in Color but it's definitely
"The One" ;)

This is Exactly as it is posted on YouTube...

Published on Feb 10, 2014
The challenger no match to BRUCE LEE !!!!And about the kick,a kick like that right to ur head and espeacially it's so fast that you wouldn't even have a chance to block,
the challenger have white cloth in he knees !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom