Beadles first proper grow...

• Thread starter Beadlesprout69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

First proper grow in years. Growing 16 in a semi SOG in soil. Using 2x 315w lumatek 315w cmhs and 4 X Mars 300w led lights.

I'm using humidifiers and a dehumidifer to keep the room at a constant humidity. Good air flow from a massive outtake and a couple of heaters to keep the heat at a constant.

I haven't grown the herb in 10 years but I have been growing the veg in the allotment,and keeping my fingers green.

The daftness the world finds it in has encouraged me to grow my own again.

The first lot of pictures are of the cuttings I got from a friend.

The first pic is dated 4th March...

The cuttings included many strains but several died off due to them coming in the post.

The final 19 were whittled down to 16.

We have 4 Jaffa dawg, 3 dosidos,2 Jungle boys strawberry shortcake,3 Jungle Boys gelato X zkittlez cake,1 platinum candy,1 frozen gelato,1 Tropicana cookies,1 ice cream cake.

I'm using fox farm nutes substituting the root feed with house and garden root exceleratur and I'm not planning on using the cha Ching,instead the plan for the last 3 weeks is a Buddha's tree pk 9/18 and Moab combo.

The only thing IV added to the schedule is calmag each feed and some bio silicon from Plant Magic. I looked up the silica content of the fox farm range and found it lacking in getting those stems fat...
Beadles first proper grow

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Update to today, few pictures of the kit. Potted up into 25l final pots,given a week and they have been flipped 5 days. Everything looking alright. Th u have been topped a few times to form the shape but have been untouched for a week before flip.

Everything's looking healthy some better than others. My first time running cmhs this time and from veg and early flower I like what I see. The light is such a better colour and spectrum and the lack of heat helps a lot.

As for the genetics...I have to take the blokes word for it. I'm impressed with what I see and they are all healthy,tight spacing and they are all girls.

Which always helps...

Hope everyone is doing well during this madness.

The UK has gone crazy.

Peace up

Beadle

IMG 20200404 135346311
IMG 20200404 175747411
IMG 20200404 135421426
IMG 20200404 135346311
IMG 20200404 134550319
IMG 20200404 135336148
IMG 20200404 134533822
IMG 20200404 135315572
IMG 20200404 134528158
IMG 20200404 135251798
IMG 20200404 134521869
IMG 20200404 135240887
IMG 20200404 134511039
IMG 20200404 135232680
IMG 20200404 135216270
IMG 20200404 135207227
IMG 20200404 134628763
IMG 20200404 134616477
IMG 20200404 134601273
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Ahhh cannabis growing how I have missed how you love to throw a spanner in the works...

Thrips, bleeding thrips.

Lesson learnt, just because you are anal doesn't mean the man who provided the cuttings is. In future all cuttings will be getting a "dunk" on arrival.

I by no means have an infestation, and I hope to god I have spotted it real early. From my entire grow I found say 6 very young pupae no eggs on underside but believe I have found a small number on a main stem of one.

They are gonna get treated with some neem oil and soap water spray then predators in the form of
Amblyseius swirskii and Amblyseius cucumeris...

Saturday arrival with Amazon that could be delayed can't come soon enough...

Has anyone ever tried putting neem oil into a humidifer essential oil tray? Would this help at all?

Thankfully having time on my hands and being able to babysit the little scamps enabled me to spot them before leaf damage.

First time having thrips...

Beadle

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

I even took the desperate measure of taking a vacuum cleaner to the leaves with the nozzle in close trying my best not to do damage but hoping in some logical way that it could help.

Luckily I have damaged none and hopefully my efforts are not in vain.

Gone for some Hypoaspis miles as well. If that don't clear them a trifecta of predators after a neem spraying... God help me

Beadle

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Gone for distribution boxes, went for it full hog and ordered the orius and hypoaspis miles too.

Nothing is too much for my ladies...

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

I have never used predators before. I feel like I'm forming an army to take the b******s down. I just hope my 5 prong attack works.

WAR!

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I'm getting ready to move two plants out onto my deck for the first time to grow and I'm freaking out about bugs already. I've never had anything but fungus gnats in the tent. Good luck with your purge.

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

I grew a load of autos outside last year, only bugs I had to contend with were caterpillars...Lots of them. Did surprisingly alright despite the awful climate. I realised caterpillars like to chomp leaves nearly as much as thrips...

Spoke to the bloke from the predator company today and he was a very helpful Chap.

The delivery will not be here in total until next early next week. He sent me some sachets first as they take the longest to establish. He advised me to drop my temps and up my humidity if I had sufficient airflow, as it stalls the breeding process.

Hopefully it doesn't stunt growth too much...

When I'm done with this grow I'm gonna nuke it,bleach the room fully,do all my pots and start again.

I took cuttings of these and I bet a penny to a piece of S**t they are in there too...I may yet treat those with a systemic and hopefully have done...

Hopefully the predators keep them in check or even better eradicate them.

I have ordered enough of the bloody things.

Makes my bloody skin crawl. If your eye sight is not 20-20 you would not spot the tiny white specs. I have some very light leaf damage, but the cuttings had some when I got them. Tbh I thought it was residue of the clone rooting spray that had dried... Lesson learnt. Hopefully not a costly one!

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Thrips when your plants are doing awesome, kinda like getting laid with the hottest chick around only to find out the terrible extras she came with...

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Irony...the joys of life. On the positive side of things. I have found a spinosad supplier in the UK. I am going to give that a spray due to being so early in flower. Then hit them up 2 nights later again. Followed by the predator cure/prevent.

This has also took me on a journey at looking at humidity,high humidity and its effects. Which in turn took me to the joys of VPD. Another mind f**k, but a pleasant one.

The spinosad flee bay fella messaged me back at half 2 in the morning. Guess few people are getting proper sleep at the minute.

Stay safe people and peace up!

Beadle out!

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

The more I learn about cannabis the more at times it confuses me. How can two sides of the arguement both be right.

The key I am finding is go with feel, and to try my best on these forums to discern the gold from the c*ck waffle...

Debating giving the vpd thing a go. The thing I can't get my head around is people also adjust the vpd for when the lights off...

Surely photosynthesis and the stomata being open doesn't matter when the lights are off???

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

I am not attempting the vpd...the variables of room to leaf temp change through the day so much for me it is just not possible. I'd need a plc running two pt100 temp probes to analyse th difference between room and leaf temp to adjust my humidity accordingly...ain't gonna happen.

The ladies got their spray of spinosad tonight, hate spraying anything, especially during flower but had to be done. A picture of the suspect thrip and the latest updates...

Added 3 more fans for the canopy. I don't want any pm issues at all.

If all is well after th spinosad spray they will get another Sunday.

Then after a day or two the predators can begin their assualt. That is if there are any left ( wishful thinking)...

Beadle

IMG 20200409 191921405
IMG 20200409 191909990
IMG 20200407 110948172
IMG 20200409 191857828
IMG 20200409 191845248
IMG 20200409 191839508
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Still liking the cmh's, when this is all over and I can actually go back out to work gonna save up for a set of cob leds to go with the cmhs

Liking the look of the cobs and the results you get from them. At this rate it ain't gonna be soon. Had it rammed home today th seriousness of flu 19. Ambulance and people in full hazmats picking somebody up across the road.

They hadn't been sticking to the lock down...

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

The spinosad max strength spray had absolutely no effect on my plants, cuttings or one day old seedlings. Thrip population is down already and I'm thinking they will get another in 5 days.

Here are today's pictures

Beadle

IMG 20200410 192854931
Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Cut the open sesame out on the last feed as the stretch seems to have stopped and energy is being out into buds.

My friend who put me onto fox farms told me to use full strength on the big bloom, quarter strength on the grow big and half on the tiger bloom, seems to be working well.

End of week 4 planning in a single feed of beastie bloomz followed by pk 9/18 weeks six and seven with half the base

Checked for thrips again today and found nothing but a couple of dead ones. The Usain bolt of thrips have finally succumb, I caught them just in time. Been debating the second spray of spinosad, gonna wait another couple of days then do them again.

The girls are looking good and apart from the gift of thrips the genetics are decent. I ran packets and packets of beans years ago to get strong genetics like these. The smell has definitely started. Smells tasty...

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

And it's a lowly 14 degrees Celsius here today which means full power for the cmhs

The bigger the buds get the more nervous I am about the second spinosad spraying.

It is pure spinosad I am spraying not a product containing other chemicals or pesticides. I need to stop being a wuss and get it done come Tuesday night.

It didn't touch my one day old seedlings, or so I keep telling myself...

Running a tiny cupboard grow, 2 very small cupboards, the remainder of the cuttings I have spare and some beans planted from a stress induced Hermie that pollinated other plants, I left a blind open and woke up to balls two days later on two plants. They were chopped but had chance to spread their lovely pollen.

They are a crops between Casey Jones and killer queen, or quite possibly Casey Jones cross dark ghost train haze. I normally wouldn't run anything like this but the times have me smoking a bit more than normal.

The killer Queen that ended up seeded was a frosty miss regardless, she finished in 8 weeks flat too...here's hoping. They have been flipped under a 6000k outdoor led lights, they were cheap and fit and give off a nice heat. The spectrum is all wrong, but we will see. Has success with micro grows before. The other reason being I ended up with hundreds of beans and I want to see if they are female.

IMG 20200412 140418121
IMG 20200412 140400170
Top Bottom