Bean_boy's ong(r)owing diary

• Thread starter Bean_Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Hey Everyone,

First of all, i want to say thank you to all of the kind and helpful people of this community. It really helps to communicate with like-minded people

I'm starting a journal, not because of my awesome yields or internet-worthy pictures, but moreso my mistakes and hurdles will be documented for others. Others grow diaries have been extremely knowledge-packed and helpful.

I'm a new grower, on my second grow, after a mostly unsuccessful first grow. Im using masterblend nutrients, in bubble buckets, in a 2x4x5 foot tent, with a 240 watt China quantum board (meijiu, 3000k). Ventilation with an AC infinity 6" fan.

Enough about me, here are my plants. Ive noticed lightness in-between the veins, and I'm not sure what to give them. The EC on Poncho, white widow on the right, is right at 1400. This is with 60% masterblend and 15ml cal mag.

The other two babies are Bubba God freebies i got, im really excited to see how they end up. I think i blasted them with too much light too early

Any questions, comments, or concerns are appreciated. I know i have much to learn.

thanks for visiting, and thank you for this awesome forum!

Beanboys ongrowing diary
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

I just changed the res today on poncho, i am hoping my amateurish use of ph up AND ph down was the problem on the last batch. After mixing with RO water, adding cal mag and garden friendly fugnicide, the ph is usually just under 5.5 anyway. And it seems to rise over the course of 24 hours

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Finally realized my "infamous" yellow ph pen has been giving me very skewed readings. Ive probably had it 6 months. The ph reads 7.0 on the pen, and around 5.0 with my chemical testing kit. I accidentally let my ph get "too high", and saw how well the plant was doing. After months of banging my head on the wall, finally have some resolve.

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Had a breakup, had to dispose of my old plants and start fresh. Using 2 freebie Whit widow autos, the new pH pen made all of the difference.

Here they are, I'm really impressed with how they're growing. Other than the one of the right is a photoperiod

IMG 20201107 134906354 HDR
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

I figured I would share this, since info on masterblend is a little more difficult to find. I know there are many others on here who are far more knowledgeable, but here it is anyway..

As a seedling I started at 40% strength, and that seemed to work pretty well

Currently in late veg and flowering, I'm running 60-70%, with 70% being the most before the EC in the reservoir rises.

Also wanted to add, I have been using liquid barley extract at .2 ml/5 gal to good effect. Definitely have light leaks, and definitely no algae. No negative effects to report so far

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I tried to take a picture ....

If anyone has comments, concerns, or suggestions, I'm all ears

Welcome to the Farm!!! 😎 🥳
Good looking ladies you have there.
You seem to have a good solid start and most importantly you have "a plan".

Keep up the journal, it will be worth referring back to. I will follow and try and help get answers or help you find someone who has the answer(s).

Until then Happy Growing 🥂🥳👍🍻

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Had a breakup, had to dispose of my old plants and start fresh. Using 2 freebie Whit widow autos, the new pH pen made all of the difference.

Here they are, I'm really impressed with how they're growing. Other than the one of the right is a photoperiod

That sucks! Life getting in the way of our growing.... such nerve 🍻

Welcome to getting back on the horse 🥳😎

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

That sucks! Life getting in the way of our growing.... such nerve 🍻

Welcome to getting back on the horse 🥳😎

I know, right? Haha. I appreciate the kind words, I'll keep updating this periodically.

I appreciate the help, and I'll see you around the farm!

Happy growing to you also!

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Just sprouted a Nirvana big buds, and a Cream and Cheese 1:1 CBD. Any ideas why the big buds is doing this? Looks like it's reaching, but the light is pretty centered over it. These are under 23w CFLs

Any thoughts on how close this White Widow might be??? I'm hoping another week or 2 maybe? It's hard to focus, but I'd guess 70% of the trichomes are cloudy

The leaves look like maybe a Calcium deficiency? Hopefully nothing more serious. I added more cal mag a while ago

Happy growing everyone!

Edit: having some problems with the photos right now :/

Last edited:
Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Hopefully you can see the squiggleyness of the big buds, is it too much light? Or not enough?

Keep smokin!

Edit: big buds meaning the seedling, not the normal buds in the pic!🤥

IMG 20201112 141022260 HDR4
IMG 20201112 140738794 HDR
Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Just sprouted a Nirvana big buds, and a Cream and Cheese 1:1 CBD. Any ideas why the big buds is doing this? Looks like it's reaching, but the light is pretty centered over it. These are under 23w CFLs

Any thoughts on how close this White Widow might be??? I'm hoping another week or 2 maybe? It's hard to focus, but I'd guess 70% of the trichomes are cloudy

The leaves look like maybe a Calcium deficiency? Hopefully nothing more serious. I added more cal mag a while ago

Happy growing everyone!

In my limited experience with CFLs, I recall them having to be right up close to the plants, even seedlings. Hard to tell exactly how far away your light is from the picture, but bring them down to about 6" and see how they respond.
Looks great otherwise!
Tuned in.

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

In my limited experience with CFLs, I recall them having to be right up close to the plants, even seedlings. Hard to tell exactly how far away your light is from the picture, but bring them down to about 6" and see how they respond.
Looks great otherwise!
Tuned in.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to hit the hardware store and try that. And thank you! I hope they turn out healthy

Anyone have thoughts on revegging? I realized the auto was getting pretty close to maturing, so I turned the light back to 18/6.

Does it look like this one is continuing to flower, or is it revegging? I have no experience with this. I'll switch to 12/12 after I harvest to be safe

Trichomes on the main cola are mostly cloudy on the left plant

Thanks Farm!

IMG 20201113 121304058 HDR
beluga

beluga

If you can find any screw-in LEDs, I had a few good runs all the way to harvest with a fixture made out of them. Just needed to keep them small.
Only recently switched away from them, actually, as you can see in my personal diary. Here they were before the switch:
20201103_165946-jpg.1051745

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

If you can find any screw-in LEDs, I had a few good runs all the way to harvest with a fixture made out of them. Just needed to keep them small.
Only recently switched away from them, actually, as you can see in my personal diary. Here they were before the switch:
20201103_165946-jpg.1051745
I'll try those, do you know any "keywords" to look for that style? Flood light etc? I think I read your diary, did you get over 1g/W? If not, I'll check it out

Thanks!

beluga

beluga

I'll try those, do you know any "keywords" to look for that style? Flood light etc? I think I read your diary, did you get over 1g/W? If not, I'll check it out

Thanks!
Around 1g/w. One under, two over. The bud quality and energy consumption were more my concern for my limited space. Did HPS before that and it was always a struggle, given the space limitation.
Hmm... I think just home/indoor LED lighting. They have globes on them, you pop them off and that's all.
ta19_60w_bw_bulb.png

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Around 1g/w. One under, two over. The bud quality and energy consumption were more my concern for my limited space. Did HPS before that and it was always a struggle, given the space limitation.
Hmm... I think just home/indoor LED lighting. They have globes on them, you pop them off and that's all.
ta19_60w_bw_bulb.png
I didn't know you popped the gloves off, good to know. I appreciate it

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Right after I moved a second time, it's incredible how resilient they are. They were in black trash bags, in boxes for a few hours. The moving van REEKED. Luckily nobody was around at the time

This was just over 3 weeks ago

IMG 20201018 185409839
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

Happy growing everyone!

Agreed on the cal/mag def. However, instead of upping the cal/mag try adding 10 or so uncoated aspirin to you next watering. 😎

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hopefully you can see the squiggleyness of the big buds, is it too much light? Or not enough?

Keep smokin!

Edit: big buds meaning the seedling, not the normal buds in the pic!🤥
Nice Picks of WW. I have just ordered 25 White Widow beans. I am not happy with this Crystal Meth's genetics so will be starting the WW early. I would be very interested to hear anything of note that you experienced during your grow. Since this is a new type for me, I am setting myself for the differences that always show up.

Thanks in advance 🍻😎

Top Bottom