Beds Are For F***ing! Small Pots = Big Buds!

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
The first time i hit 1.5 on a light was 9 plants in one gallon pots fed twice a day. Then I got away from that not thinking about the pot size being the reason. Took over a year to think about that again. Then I did a bigger plant in a 3 gallon and got like 12 oz off a low yielding cookie cut. Hmmmmm... Then through discussion here about coco brother @symbiote420 hooked me up with @HeadKracker and I saw his pics with big ole plants in little pots of coco. Multifed! The fucking light came on dawgy!! I remembered that 1.5 I hit! My next round I hit a little over 1.6 running 6-7 a light in one gallons. And to tell you the truth they arent even 1 gallons they are a tad smaller. Cheap ass nursery pots lol.

Last edited:
Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Here's a cookie bush in a 3 gallon that pulled almost 12 zips.

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Prime C ur a beast bro. I tell people all the time u can grow huge mega yeildimg plants in coco. Not sure if anyone remembers but check the solo cup challenge from ic mag from a few years ago. I remember dudes getting crazy yields. Coco is amazing stuff. Almost can't rootbound it oroverwater. Respect brother!

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

Prime C producing prime bud . and those are some chunky colas peace pipe.

Well thank you. For a Haze dom beast I was most impressed with the density of these once finished.

That's really impressive for a soil grow! How many weeks did that go?

I use my own custom vegan soil blend with coco as the bulk base. I flowered this one for 58 days but due to my rotation schedule I had to harvest in the early window. Running her again and this time I ll push her to day 70 .Jacks Princess can be taken from anywhere as early as 49 days but this pheno was a special find on my end and I have not seen any others quite like it too be honest..

I just switched one set up to coco, i have been contemplating this same issue before i purchased 1 and 3 gallon bags. Great pics, gives me something to think about as i continue with the coco.

The power of coco can work in your favor once you get a feel for its properties and subtle differences then other types of media.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Great thread @Prime C when I finally got my mind back right I had to do a complete 360* ........veggin' plants three to four weeks, two weeks in a solo, two more in their final 3 gallon home before the flip and I'm watering once or twice everyday. Strain dependent I've got anywhere from 4.5 - 10!! I'm in soil though, you coco guys got a major leg up cause while peeps are being lead to believe it's more roots equal more fruits in my tad over 39 years of gardening my observations have been the more you're able to water the bigger the harvest! Some think it's the force feeding that fuels the growth in plants..... main reason hydro yields are bigger than soil is water!

Smaller pots allow you to give your gals much more water in soil or soilless mediums without the risk of disease and pathogens like root rot, etc. If you're running organics just take counter measures for the fungus gnats lol I use neem cake, Sea-90, and Gnatrol faithfully.

Top Bottom