Beds Are For F***ing! Small Pots = Big Buds!

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jimjam63

jimjam63

3 gallon grow bag- vegan soil... I did make some teas for her and on occasion I mixed rocks dust and water and then feed her this for the added phosp
All in all it was a 16z plant with little trim left over thanks to the big haze dom colas...

p1016847-jpg.478389
post-172-0-75563600-1419827814_thumb.jpg
p1016912-jpg.478387

p1016839-jpg.478388

post-172-0-78248600-1419827800_thumb.jpg
Gorgeous plants...love the buds. I gotta do indoor next year.

Eskander

Eskander

My first time growing pot but I've been growing other stuff in coco for years. Figured I'd give my 3D printed pot design a run. These end up as about 3/4 gallon of coco with no perlite. Watering every 90 minutes starting 30 min before lights on and finishing up an hour after lights out. The powder on the edge of the spikes is salt. Thought it was mold at first but clearly crystalline under the microscope. Nutrient goes in at 1000ppm and comes out at 700 to 800ppm. "Waste" gets added to my outdoor reservoir for my pepper plants so I don't really care what the throughput is.

Bout a week or so from harvest. I'm sure I can do better next time but for a first run, I'm happy with the results.

-Eskander

IMG 3984
IMG 3980
AceIsWin

AceIsWin

Bought myself a 5 set each of 1gal/2gal/3gal fabric pots, going to try bottom watering/shallow flood and see how they go. Just started 3 Runtz Auto, 3 Wedding Cake and 3 Peyote Cookies a week ago in Rockwool got 2 RA, 3 WC and 2 PC popped up now and going to the 3 gal for the autos and 2 gals everything else. What's the smallest I could use to get a half LB a plant because last 2 grows were with 80L pots and got 2.5lb from 4 plants

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Eskander did a great job!
Heres a couple pics of a breeding project I've been working on for a while. I pollinated 3 of these under a 250 hps. I threw 3 clones under the light with practically no veg time.
20210812 020438
20210815 030814

Jonjr

Jonjr

How many times a day are you watering and are you using nutes everytime? Those look amazing too!

Eskander

Eskander

Eskander did a great job!
Heres a couple pics of a breeding project I've been working on for a while. I pollinated 3 of these under a 250 hps. I threw 3 clones under the light with practically no veg time.
Thanks, had some lessons learned from that grow (my first) but overall I think it went well.
No reason for a giant plant unless you are selling seeds. What is the cross? Or crosses?

How many times a day are you watering and are you using nutes everytime? Those look amazing too!
If that was for me, every 2 hours of lights on for 6 minutes. Enough to get 20% runoff per feed (about 300ml). They also got a midnight watering as well to keep them well hydrated.

Here is my current grow:
1 gallon mesh pots. Bit bigger than last time so I can use the printed drip rings and get really even watering. I like the printed pots but they couldn't really be reused and my printers are too small to scale them up to a full gallon. The three autoflowers are gorilla cookies which I just harvested for about a pound total. The big one is a purple punch x afghan that I just flipped into flower. It covers about 80% of the tent as is and gets watered every three hours of lights on with a liter and a half. That is probably overkill but I started noticing salt build up at the bottom of the pot and ultimately 2 gallons a day is solidly in "the who gives a shit" range when coming from a 55 gallon reservoir. The catch tray gets emptied once or twice a week so I can ignore it for days without concern.
TempImagemD2iva
TempImageT2LzL9
IMG 4310

I'd love to find pots that are 1 gallon but are wide and short so the oxygen exchange surface would be maximized but these don't seem to have issues. I tore up the root bundles on the auto flowers and even towards the center of the pot they were nice and white so they seemed to be getting as much oxygen as they needed. I'll be curious to see if the much larger plant has similar roots at the end of its cycle.

-Eskander

DoobieDuck

DoobieDuck

Premium Member
Supporter
Eskander hats off to you Sir. I've been around the forums for years and your grow is off the charts. I'd love to be able to do something like that. I am thinking of adding cocoa to my soil mixture in my outdoor grow, no pots, whats' your thought on that. Cheers..DD

Eskander

Eskander

I’m digging that bug zapper in the tent😁
Damn fungus gnats... Mostly harmless but dead is still my preference. Zapper knocks the population back pretty well. Freaks me out when they hit it while I'm doing maintenance though. BANG!

Eskander hats off to you Sir. I've been around the forums for years and your grow is off the charts. I'd love to be able to do something like that. I am thinking of adding cocoa to my soil mixture in my outdoor grow, no pots, whats' your thought on that. Cheers..DD
I don't know much about growing in dirt to be honest. I see people talking about adding coco to dirt and it makes sense for water retention I guess. Plenty of amendments can help get you to the retention/drainage behavior you want. If you are going to do a nutrient solution, I'm not sure what having any dirt in there actually gets you. An argument could be made for cation exchange capacity but in drain to waste it is constantly refreshed so we come back to "why bother?" again. Certainly for small pots, you need to use a nutrient solution so a strictly inert matrix like coco, rock wool or crushed puffed glass seems like the way to go.

-Eskander

Jay13.aka.DutchStuff

Jay13.aka.DutchStuff

I'm slowly getting an idea why my SoG with Coco and small pots isn't working 😅

Latest posts

Top Bottom