Been Sick

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi everyone. I've been down with impassable kidney stones stuck inside the beans themselves. Gotta stay on a whole slew of drugs which mess up my thinking.

I'll respond to posts and PMs when they're taken care of, hopefully early next week.

@logic is there any way to make sure my notifications stay up so I don't miss anyone? Thank you.

DrFever

DrFever

Hopefully you do not have a small weenie haha trying to pass them,, good luck.
Hope you get well just remember not to think about it when you piss lol..
Take care man see yeah soon

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hope you feel better SM, my sister was just bed bound for two weeks with kidney stones. But she drinks too much, and when your prone to Stones and your getting plastered it's hard to feel sorry for her. But I do anyway because she's my sister and I love her.:p

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks all. :)

Like I said, these are impassable, in other words, there's no way the kidneys will be able to expel them. I've never had a problem passing those that end up in the ureters, never even felt them once they enter the bladder.

See, I had a tumor of the parathyroid that used to be the cause of them, but it was removed back in '07. I had a few episodes after that, but figured it was leftovers, ya know? Haven't had a bad episode since '12. I used to control them by avoiding foods high in oxalates (the stones I had were calcium oxalate) and drinking GALLONS of acidulated water, which is clinically proven to break up calculi but it takes time and you have to do it continually. 1-2tsps fresh citrus juice (fresh is best, most use lemon or lime, but bottled will do) in a glass of water, drink as much as you can all day. I stopped doing it after the tumor was removed because I figured I was fine.

Wednesday morning I woke up feeling like I'd been punched in the back, hard. I thought I'd done something to myself gardening, or cleaning the chicken coop or something like that. Then Thursday morning that punched feeling turned into a burning and then all my insides were in pain, so off to the ER (after getting permission from Kaiser of course) we went. CT scan shows I've got one very large stone that requires intervention, not sure if they're gonna do lithotripsy or cut it out directly, I'll find out tomorrow. I've made two trips to ER to this point and have finally gotten the pain under control, but I can't seem to eat even with the nausea meds and that's left me feeling really wiped out. Which is fucked, I have things to do, ya know?

If I'm lucky, I'm admitted directly tomorrow and have it taken care of right then. Otherwise.. the drive all the way to Roseville is really, really long and bumpy.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Im really bummed to hear your having a rough go of things. Please feel better soon and try to stay positive through everything. We got love and support for you all day long up in here!

Please come back soon 100% these forums arent the same without ya home slice! Mad respect. Positive vibes

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Get better then have PGD take you out for Thai feast...

Top Bottom