begginner question about lighting

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OGKuShSAL

i currently am flowering 17 plants under a 1000w hps. im in my 2nd weed. tomorrow i wanna add a 1000w mh light. is it ok to combine to 2 lights? how much can i expect to yield off 2000w hps and mh on 17 plants? i know its a dumb question but if someones done something like that with that many plants and watts if u can tell me what u yielded. i vegged a real good amount oftime and my plants r 5 ft 2nd week of flowering, my grow area is probably 7ft by 7ft

B

bngrips

i currently am flowering 17 plants under a 1000w hps. im in my 2nd weed. tomorrow i wanna add a 1000w mh light. is it ok to combine to 2 lights? how much can i expect to yield off 2000w hps and mh on 17 plants? i know its a dumb question but if someones done something like that with that many plants and watts if u can tell me what u yielded. i vegged a real good amount oftime and my plants r 5 ft 2nd week of flowering

I think your yield would depend on a a lot of factors like what strain you're growing,what method you're using (organic or hydro), if you're using co2, stuff like that. If you're flowering it seems like you would want as much red light as possible. Maybe you should try those dual arc bulbs, I've never used them before but I heard they're pretty cool. check it out http://www.hydroponics.net/i/131463

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

bro your area is way to small for that many plants at that height..
sure you can add more lights mh, hps watever... problem is your gona
have a heat issue to deal with...I would say bump your grow area to double what is.
spread them plants out and add another 1000 hps.. and then figure out how to keep
it cool... jmo

S

sickboy

There are different schools of thought on the hps vs mh in flowering. Most of us were tought to only use hps in bloom, but there are people out there (some on this site even) that only use mh in bloom, and their results are awesome. So to answer the question of if you can combine the two, yes you can. Having a mixed spectrum won't hurt a thing... may even improve your crop in many ways. In most cases, doubling your light will increase your yield, however, as mentioned above, it seems your biggest issue is having 17 5 footers in a 7x7 area. Two thousand watters in that small space, not to mention with those monsters, may end up causing you some issues.

X

Xceptional

i would be worried about humidity the most. 17 plants in a 7ft sq area that are 5 ft tall and may not be done with strech sounds like mold waiting to happen. hope they are not bushy plants and just are tall and slinky plants.

X

Xceptional

oh i say humidity becasue that many plants that big are going to drink a ton and release a ton of water in the air.

P

PureSugar

i currently am flowering 17 plants under a 1000w hps. im in my 2nd weed. tomorrow i wanna add a 1000w mh light. is it ok to combine to 2 lights? how much can i expect to yield off 2000w hps and mh on 17 plants? i know its a dumb question but if someones done something like that with that many plants and watts if u can tell me what u yielded. i vegged a real good amount oftime and my plants r 5 ft 2nd week of flowering, my grow area is probably 7ft by 7ft

If your plants are 5' tall I would trim the bottom 2' of each plant. You aren't going to get any decent bud formation that deep especially if you have 17 5' plants crammed into that small space. I like mixed spectrum lighting but if you are running just two lights the mix is going to be very uneven. I've had good results with the dual arc bulbs (600HPS and 400MH in one bulb) but you won't get the same penetration as you would with a standard 1000W. I think you are better off with another HPS than a MH if you can handle the heat in there.

j wizzle

j wizzle

If your plants are 5' tall I would trim the bottom 2' of each plant. You aren't going to get any decent bud formation that deep especially if you have 17 5' plants crammed into that small space.

need to trim the bottom of your plants for sure just to get the air flow going or its going to get moldy in there.

also, 5ft plants 2nd week of flower could double in size by the time youre done, so i hope you have tall ceilings.

youre going to need 2-3 fans for sure in that room and maybe an AC unit for 2 1000s

each plant can have 2.8 sq ft so spacing might be ok and that 1000 can cover a 3x4 area well enough. i say get the 2nd, mount your ballasts outside the room if possible and make sure you have good ventillation

Latest posts

Top Bottom