Beginner Grower looking for best advice from experienced growers.

• Thread starter mcerdajr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mcerdajr

mcerdajr

OK, so this is pretty much my first time growing. I have 3 GDP plants in 4 gallon buckets, I'm not too sure how old they are, id say about 5 weeks or so(they're clones) , they're mabe a foot tall each. Im using foxfarm soil, and for nutrients and using "Humboldt nutrients Grow"(2-1-6) and mixing it with "humboldt nutrients micro"(5-0-1) i put about 150 ml of the mixture into the water that i water them with. I water and feed them once every week (every saturday). That's where I'm at at this moment. MY GOAL is too harvest at least a pound from each plant. What can i change, or do, or what should i make sure i do in the future so that i can reach this goal. Thanks in advanced for the tips.

-Also, i'll provide pictures of the plant if anyone asks for any.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy and welcome

pictures are a good thing man - you will get more feedback if you include pix and start a grow diary thread

if you like I will move this thread for you and it can be your diary

good luck with the grow

:smiley_joint:

J

JCashman

i hate to bring bad news, but i just cant imagine indoor GDPs producing 1lb each. from my experience, GDP is a short squat midget bush plant that produces an amazingly aromatic and flavorful buds, but it is not a high yielding plant by any means.

what kinda lights are you using?

as far as changes, depending on your lights, flower with 600w HPS or 1000w HPS in your indoor, if possible, use the sun ;)

but seriously if yield is the most important thing to you, then you need to grow different genetics because while GDP is easily one of the best smokes i've ever had the pleasure of trying, its biggest downside is the low yields.

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

lol, i want a 1 lb gdp plant, that will be the day. to pull that for a first timer, i would be flabbergasted. your going to need 2-1000 watt hps to pull that, and tons of training, lst, ect... on your girls and new, MUCH bigger, pots. i would recommend 10 gallon, minimum, root pots or smart pots.

most people get 2-3oz per plant on the gdp.

mcerdajr

mcerdajr

that just ruined my whole summer -______-. haha, but thats whats this is all for, im still learning. and its not indoor, i dont know how you got that, im growing them outdoors. but ok since gdp wont produce high yields what is a recomended strain for that so i can keep that in mind for next summer? preferably indica or afghanica. i dont like the long flowering periods of sativas

S

Snow Crash

You can hit 1 lbs outdoor if you do things right and the weather works with you. It depends on how far along they are right now to be honest, and I shouldn't speak without pictures or knowledge of how green your thumb might be, but it is "possible" to hit your mark. Surprise me and do it!

Here are a few important things to remember when posting online, in a forum, and especially around a bunch of stoners.

Specifics.
Pictures speak 1000 words.
Never act "entitled" and say things like:
and its not indoor, i dont know how you got that
Grammar and structure will go a long way to garnering attention and getting accurate answers.

Having covered that there's a lot of information you omitted. Likely because you just don't know what's important to list. And that's okay, I assume it is why you are here in the first place.

Here are the very general specifics we always like to hear about.

Environment: State whether it is indoor or outdoor right from the get go. Explain the temperature, humidity, approximate latitude, and other factors. Is it in a greenhouse? Is it on a mountain side? Does it get sun all day? Are you using supplemental light in the evenings? Did you start them indoors? When? Do you live with your parents and are you growing in a PC case in your bedroom? All of these questions will get asked and it helps to explain yourself, and your complete environment, to save yourself the time of having to filter through them later on.

Materials: We like to know the media of course, and any amendments you have added. It is good to know what kind of water you have access to (Metropolitan recycled, backyard well, clean spring water) in order to assess future issues and nutrient deficiency. Every nutrient you intend to use is important, but more important is listing the volume of both what you are adding, AND, what you are adding it to. 150ml of Humboldt nutrients Grow and Micro doesn't tell me much about how much water you're adding it to (I'm assuming about 30 gallons). You also should include information on the kind of buckets you have, how they are set up to drain, and how you are managing any run off. I cannot assume to know these things. Any and all information about pH measurements and/or Electrical Conductivity of the nutrient solution will help people follow your grow and give them insight into your methods.

I'd like to say that most of these things can be learned from a picture or two. Never underestimate the power of those pictures even if you don't think your plants look that great.

J

JCashman

that just ruined my whole summer -______-. haha, but thats whats this is all for, im still learning. and its not indoor, i dont know how you got that, im growing them outdoors. but ok since gdp wont produce high yields what is a recomended strain for that so i can keep that in mind for next summer? preferably indica or afghanica. i dont like the long flowering periods of sativas

my apologies, i assumed indoor because your OP talked about buckets and foxfarm ;)

and SnowCrash is right, anything is possible. i never said your goal was impossible, just that i couldn't do it ;)

GL!

Top Bottom