BEGINNER LOOKING FOR ASVICE AND GUIDANCE ON THIS JOURNEY

• Thread starter Tatted_Bumpkin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tatted_Bumpkin

Hello everyone; very briefly I am a beginner. I was gifted a beautiful specimen as a housewarming gift from a fellow THCFarmer. I am starting to post my progress on hopes of getting any tips and advice along the way. Would love some helpful advice and guidance. This post I’m including progressive pictures from when I received my plant until current ….feel free to comment 🙏🏾

Beginner looking for asvice and guidance on this journey
Beginner looking for asvice and guidance on this journey 2
Beginner looking for asvice and guidance on this journey 3
Beginner looking for asvice and guidance on this journey 4
Beginner looking for asvice and guidance on this journey 5
Beginner looking for asvice and guidance on this journey 6
The_word

The_word

Hello everyone; very briefly I am a beginner. I was gifted a beautiful specimen as a housewarming gift from a fellow THCFarmer. I am starting to post my progress on hopes of getting any tips and advice along the way. Would love some helpful advice and guidance. This post I’m including progressive pictures from when I received my plant until current ….feel free to comment 🙏🏾
I am a beginner as well but I would recommend using organic nutrients (i use bio bizz) they are natural so you will experience much less trouble with nute burn and salt build up in the root system. I have had 0 issues with it and from what I have read it results in a much smoother and flavorful buds.

Also, getting a cheap pH testing kit for your water and a digital thermometer. You want the water at 22°c (this is the optimum temp for plants to absorb nutrients) and PH around 6.2 - 6.8. This is really beneficial to the plant and cheap to implement.

See if you can find a larger fabric pot and repot it with quality soil (providing it is still in Vegetative state. The fabric pots naturally control the riot system and eliminate the problem of root balling. When the roots are exposed to oxygen at the sides of the pot they naturally die off as opposed to curling round and round and potentially suffocating in a plastic one.

Finally, if that is a LED I would put it closer to the plant so it doesn't stretch too much and will get a stronger intensity of light.

Hope this helps somewhat, good luck dude. ✌

Moshmen

Moshmen

In order to get great advice you gotta give great details -
Growing medium
Nutes used
Lights used
Watering habits
Temps
Ph
Ppm
Ect.,
The more info you give the better answers you will get

T

Tatted_Bumpkin

I am a beginner as well but I would recommend using organic nutrients (i use bio bizz) they are natural so you will experience much less trouble with nute burn and salt build up in the root system. I have had 0 issues with it and from what I have read it results in a much smoother and flavorful buds.

Also, getting a cheap pH testing kit for your water and a digital thermometer. You want the water at 22°c (this is the optimum temp for plants to absorb nutrients) and PH around 6.2 - 6.8. This is really beneficial to the plant and cheap to implement.

See if you can find a larger fabric pot and repot it with quality soil (providing it is still in Vegetative state. The fabric pots naturally control the riot system and eliminate the problem of root balling. When the roots are exposed to oxygen at the sides of the pot they naturally die off as opposed to curling round and round and potentially suffocating in a plastic one.

Finally, if that is a LED I would put it closer to the plant so it doesn't stretch too much and will get a stronger intensity of light.

Hope this helps somewhat, good luck dude. ✌
I’m including pictures of the nutes, ppm reader and my light thats otw….as far as the PH I been aiming for 6.0-6.5…..

500B413A A23D 4A3C BDA7 91E7B38B6619
1CE80ED2 46BF 4E2E 94B9 3BFE8B9E0B21
8E072C3E D1C3 45AC BE86 72174D365E76
T

Tatted_Bumpkin

In order to get great advice you gotta give great details -
Growing medium
Nutes used
Lights used
Watering habits
Temps
Ph
Ppm
Ect.,
The more info you give the better answers you will get
I have a tent wit a control system that regulates temp, humidity, air flow, air circulation
1)I’m watering ever 2 1/2-3 hrs during the light cycle (12 day/12night)
2) I have a stronger light otw(will include pic)
3) my inside temp is set to 82 with humidity 69
- outside temp range stays between 72-82 with humidity 55-68
4 ) I keep my ph between 6-6.5
5)I keep my ppm 550-650
6) the medium is coco/perlite mixture with clay balls at the bottom

BDD8C7BE 148F 4132 B631 BD3805FE9123
SSgrower

SSgrower

Morning fellow grower, I use Dyna-Grow nutrients and had a burple light setup as my LED's for my 1st. 3 grows. Then I switched to a $400.00 Philzon "bar style" light and like it very much. I use Dyna-Grow Grow, Bloom and ProTeKt in my DTW or drain to waste system, follow my Journal @SSgrower to see my results, I like Dyna_Grow products and there are other companies that have nutrients as well. I am a new grower in aqua culture so I come here to learn from these other guys,Cheers SS

Moshmen

Moshmen

A coco grower will chime in eventually but you got a good start ! Cept them bloom nutes , plant is not ready for rec them yet the burnt tips are probably from to much P that the plant doesn’t need till flowering right now you could use more N as the plant is still growing and stretching hence the older yellowing leaves . other than that I’d prolly lower that light as previously mentioned maybe 12/18” above the canopy and see what happens you want them as close as possible without damaging the plant

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I can tell ya from experience that light will make a nice harvest for a single plant I used 2x of the 1500’s in my tent for my last grow, here was the results

About 12oz of nice buds off 6 autos

I did buy a new light for this grow my only issue with that light was the heat it put out, it would keep my tent at 84-86 on a 75f day

My new bar style lights with the detachable driver (mars hydro FC-E8000) and my tent is sitting at ambient room temp so near 10f cooler, and I can achieve 3x the PPfD of both my old lights combined with no heat off the bars (currently only at 35% power lol) besides that the lights did great and I’ll be using them for keeping a mother plant soon in another tent just be careful with the heat they put off with the bloom switch

I’ll follow along with this thread, tag me if you start a separate grow journal

80774199 6936 4A20 9CFF 4F2575876C01
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Wow, already toilet trained.
You remind me so much of my Foreman's sense of humor. 3 of us outside this week loading a metal scrap dumpster, and we find a used condom in the parking lot. The 3rd guy there loves the strip clubs, so of course asked him if that was stuck to his shoe when he got out of this car. My Foreman says, well we should have Cinderella here try it on and see if it fits. 🤣😂😅😆

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
You remind me so much of my Foreman's sense of humor. 3 of us outside this week loading a metal scrap dumpster, and we find a used condom in the parking lot. The 3rd guy there loves the strip clubs, so of course asked him if that was stuck to his shoe when he got out of this car. My Foreman says, well we should have Cinderella here try it on and see if it fits. 🤣😂😅😆
I guess I’m just considered an asshole manager then, yesterday I brought in a bag of habaneros from the garden and told the guys whoever could eat 3 first got an extra 15 minute break (who’s gunna yell at me I’m the manager on midnight shift I’m the only boss here 😂) had a crew of young guys working, I’ve never seen so many red faces and tears 😂😂, in the end I ended up having to give them all a 15 minute extra break… they couldn’t stop eating bread and drinking water thinking it was gunna help 😂😂 to be fair I explained what they where and how how they where, apparently 15 minutes off is worth a near death experience nowadays 😂

T

Tatted_Bumpkin

Here’s an update….looking for harvest advice …..

Brought her back from death been doing awesome. Any advice on when to harvest ?

Light: 12/12
Hum: 60-70
Temp: 70-75
Water Cycle: 2-3hr

E3150565 013D 4DF6 B43B 1E489B5AEDD3
670BED8A 0CFE 44BA 9B3A 5F71CAFA1FF3
57920F36 F533 46F9 A9B1 C741F50F97AE
63FB91A9 945C 48ED 87E8 1936C06EF328
Top Bottom