Beginners advice needed on nutrient feeding levels

• Thread starter Shandan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shandan

Hi All, This is my first time growing and would appreciate your advice on nutrient feeding levels. I'm growing outdoors in pots (25CM radius)

Following the seeds sprouting i used 1ML Root juice to 1 Ltr water for 2 weeks.

On the next week I used 1ML Root Juice, 1ML Bio-Grow & 1ML Bio-Bloom to 1Ltr water.

This week I started using: 2ML Root Juice, 1ML Bio-Grow, 2ML Bio-Bloom and 2ML AlG-A-Mic to 1Ltr water.

The plants do look good but am concerned I'm giving them to many nutrients too soon?

Can anyone tell me if the nutrient levels I'm giving them sound normal?

Sorry If I'm asking a dumb question :)

Blaze

Blaze

Outdoor plants can handle a tremendous amount of nutrients especially later in the season when the get large. If they plants look good and you are not seeing any burn or lock-out then I would not be too worried about it.

I am not familiar with the products you listed so I cannot answer specifically if that is a normal level for what you are using. I can tell you though that with my outdoor plants that once they are established I feed them 3-4 times a week via a soil drench and foliar feed once a week.

sedate

sedate

Shandan said:
This week I started using: 2ML Root Juice, 1ML Bio-Grow, 2ML Bio-Bloom and 2ML AlG-A-Mic to 1Ltr water.

The plants do look good but am concerned I'm giving them to many nutrients too soon?

Uhh - 20ml's of fertilizers per gallon sounds like a pretty high dose - but I've have to check the bottles or the results with a TDS meter to be sure.

It probably works out to 800 - 1100 ppm's . . . . how big are your plants exactly?

S

Shandan

Thanks for your feedback here guys.
Here's a few pics of my plants, please let me know what you think.

14062010428.jpg

16062010435.jpg

16062010436.jpg

16062010437.jpg

16062010447.jpg

16062010446.jpg

16062010445.jpg

16062010444.jpg

16062010443.jpg

sedate

sedate

Wow yea they do look quite nice.

I guess it's working for ya.

S

Satica

Nice plants, nice job so far.
I have done some patio growth.first try to cover the pots with a white paint or at least a paper(as they are black and absorb light too much and make your roots too hot especially in periphery.

second,cover your top soil with bark mulch or something else to allow the roots come to surface for some oxygen.without mulch the surface temperature is too hot to be tolerated by roots.its all about maximizing the soil environment suitable for root to grow and a happy root is the mainstay of a happy plant.

anyway , good luck .

S

Shandan

Cheers again for the feedback here guys!

GOTO-gumi, the NPK for the Bio-Bloom (using BioBizz) is:
N - 2.0%
P - 6.0%
K - 3.5%

Satica, thx for your great advice there, I'll get right on that :)

I was told to up the Bio-Bloom from next week from 2ML to 3ML and to start using 2ML Bio-Heaven (along with the other nutrients at the same current levels) - would you guys have any input there, do you think I should hold that off for a further week or do you think they look like they could handle it?

Thx again for your help here!

Weedobix

Weedobix

I used to use the biobizz stuff when i grew in compost. I think the most bloom i ever used was up to 4ml per litre. The grow is usually at 1 - 2 ml depending on the stage of growth and how much N they need.
The bloom shouldn't be given until they are a week or 2 into flower though. All you need is the grow up to that point.

that's their feed schedule, although i think that's for clones, but generally it's about right, you just extend the veg period abit for seeds.

M

MASSES 420KING

as a rule of thumb you dont have to feed plant from seed for first month the seed contains everything the plant will need to thrive until it establishes itself [1 month from popping threw medium

Blaze

Blaze

Those plants look good - I can see new, lighter green growth in the pics you posted so they are obviously growing nicely. I do not think you are over feeding them at all from how they look so far.

S

Shandan

Good to hear, thx a lot Blaze. Am concerned about raising the nutrient levels for next though, don't want to do anything that could unbalance them...and as I'm just starting out amn't 100% there, will see how I get on :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom