Beginner's diagnosis and advice towards.

• Thread starter TheSpaceCase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Hello all,

I'm fresh and green, but using the search engine before posting anything, however I believe this issue is more specific. I will leave this for you to decide and to advice.

Autoflower;
Enrooted around the end of april.
Using pearl stones for C, Ph, N.
Using growth stimulants until it stopped growing in height, then switched to flowering stimulants, both in liquid variant, which is dissolved in a given water volume. Always had we included the stimulants only during watering.

Watering has always been in the frame of normality, not overwatered, not overdryed. Soil checks are being done on a regular basis. We also measured the PH and all of it was between 5.5 and 6 i believe.
No serious temperature variations.
Good cooling system with 2 vents, most of the times using one due to temperature agreements.
Box size is: 120/40/60/
Light is good - 11 000 lumens.

The only "drastic" change that could have influenced the bellow situation is that I have moved the plant out of the box for a few days while I was gone from the house and I still did not have the mechanic timer to put in place between the lamp and the AC.
This change might have influenced the plant, but it did not occur on the other two plants - another autoflowerer and a normal unknown guy.

The other thing I did after putting them back in the box after my trip, was cutting all the big leaves in order to save some space in the box, since the box is becoming less bigger as the plants are becoming less smaller. This was also made in order for the lower branches to receive more light, which has been constantly obscured because of the big leaves I cut off eventually.

The third thing I noticed yesterday, is that the problematic plant is not consuming the water as fast as the other autoflower does, eventho they have been watered in the same time.
I also noticed it has moss on the surface of the soil.

Bellow I have put two pictures of the actual problem.

To be honest I'm suspecting it is dying, but before that conclusion in my poor knowledge. I will leave for the proficiently experienced artisants to share their view.

Beginners diagnosis and advice towards
Beginners diagnosis and advice towards 2
Beginners diagnosis and advice towards 3
Beginners diagnosis and advice towards 4
Bannacis

Bannacis

looks like a nute lock up or burn, also ph should be around 6.2-6.5

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

If I am to compare the strength and the life energy of this one with the other - this one looks exhausted and Ill.

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

In order not to keep burning with Nute, should I just use water for a certain amount of time ?

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Cab temps and nute strength are helpful here.looks cooked from high heat and/or high nute ec.try plain water or low ec nutes like.o4 ec (200ppm) and use enough to flush medium well so your runoff reads low ec like whats going into it.
because its an auto I doubt it will come around but a flush will help her finish nice.how many weeks total from sprout?

Hey,

Well the end of april is the start date I believe. What do you mean by flushing:infiltrate some water in to the soil until it cleans the overwhelming nutes ?

S

ssteely71

I would research a few threads about flushing. But basically you water your medium with 3x the mediums container size with fresh ph'd water.
1gallon pot= 3gallons fresh water. Etc.

I just had to flush a couple of my plants that were suffering N toxicity. Best of luck.

william76

william76

What medium?soil,isnt soils ph best between 6~5 and 7? It does look like it needs a good flush too,good luck and welcome friend,76

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

What medium?soil,isnt soils ph best between 6~5 and 7? It does look like it needs a good flush too,good luck and welcome friend,76

Hey, thanks for the welcoming :)

We just found out that the flowerpot had only one single small hole for drainage. It has been overwatered and probably overnuted since everything was holding in to the flower pot, rather than having a good word between the water in the soil and gravity.

We have realized that by trying to actually flush it and saw how less water was going out. We made a few more holes .. Now the soil is extremely wet.
PS: The heavy wetness in the soil has made a moss on the top layer of the soil as well.

Damn, first loss is heavy burden loss :D

ZenWarrior

ZenWarrior

Droopy sad looking plants and the moss you described are both signs of over watering. Watering can be a little difficult but the trick is to not water when the soil is still wet. Also what soil are you using? If you notice it holds a lot of water you should mix in some perlite to help with drainage.

Glad you were able to find out what the problem was. Unfortunately one of the best ways to learn how to grow is by making mistakes.

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Hello Zen,

Yes, fortunately we learn by mistakes. Imagine if we did not :P
I am using perlite indeed, the problem was the lack of holes on ze bottom. The soil is eye-measured mixture of enriched parasite soil and one that has been purified from parasites. Accidentally it had made very good and balanced Ph.

Dont know who said that the soil must be cleared from parasites, on the contrary I believe that as much living organisms and bacteria there are in the soil, the better for the multi-vital-feeding-elements.

ZenWarrior

ZenWarrior

I agree, some living organisms can be beneficial for plants. I know a lot of growing products are made with organisms as a main ingredient. I grow in PRO-MIX HP with mycorrhizae to help the roots absorb more food and nutrients.

Power OG

Power OG

If you grow in soil rule #1 is feed the soil not the plant. There are good micros & then there's bad. The green stuff on top is a sign of Over watering and its not ideal. I grow in foxfarm ocean Forrest and i have a ridiculous benny population. I feed like nute, tea, water & repeat. There is def need for beneficial micro organisms in your soil knowing which are bennies and which are parasitic is the important part.

N

Nuttynuggets

My auto kush looks exactly like that!!!! I treated it for cal def with cal-mag and that didn't help. What the hell?!? It seems to be affecting other small plants but not large ones? I'm thinking too much water?

I think the affected plants I have been watering the shit out of them...

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

Definitely signs of over watering. Let her dry up some. My 2cents

N

Nuttynuggets

I figured that. The soil top looks dry as hell so I water it but the soil below is probable wet. I never knew water could be so harmful!

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

So as we go in the process of discovery and exploration of growth we already stumbled upon a few very useful tips:
1. We feed with growth stimulants (nutes) on every watering.
a) every watering is happening as per the needs of the soil, not the plant. Always put your forefinger almost to the half of it in order to check the how wet or dry the soil is.

2. Feed with flowering stimulants in ratio between 2:1 and 3:1 in advance to the pure water. As further before harvesting you go, the better is watering with pure H2O in order to clear up the soil before harvesting.

I will always add my new findings.

Cheers,

TheSpaceCase

TheSpaceCase

Ofc :)

Let me share the successful one:

Im not sure, but like in 2 weeks maybe?? it will be ready to harvest.

Whats your view guys ?

IMG 20140703 210658
Supercharge

Supercharge

Looks about right, give or take. Pay attention to those trichomes!

Latest posts

Top Bottom