Beginning grower

• Thread starter Hawaiian Ryda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hawaiian Ryda

I want to start growing one plant in my backyard. I currently live in Arizona. I was wondering if any experienced growers would help me out and list everything that I would need in order to do so. And if you guys could please list any reccomandations you have for me I would appreciate it.

PS: what kind of strain would grow easily in the Arizona winter outdoors?

E

Eddie Money

You have until about march 21st to finish the flower period. You won't have time to start from seed unless you popped them today. Autoflower seeds are different, and I don't delve to much into that region. Your best shot at a successful harvest is knowing someone who has rooted clones. That would also eliminate the guessing game for males. Once you have your rooted clone, you will want to transplant it into a pot with growing medium. I use pro mix. Since you are only doing one plant, you could but a smaller bag of potting soil. Buy an organic bag unless you want to feed them nutrients. Buying a pre mixed organic bag of potting mix ensures that you will not fry your plant. If your clone is small, you will want to veg it some. If you have a box and flat paint laying around, you could construct a veg chamber. Lets say you have a box that measures 1 ft x 1 ft x 2 ft. Paint the inside white, and place a lamp in the middle of the box by making a hole on top of your veg chamber. You will want 4000 lumens per sf of 6500 k lighting. Your home depot will sell 2 socket adapters. 2 socket adapters give you two sockets instead of one. Use your imagination and come up with 4000 lumens for the sf veg chamber (using cfl bulbs). Remember to try to have this light be 6500 k or very near. Try to locate a small fan and point it towards your box. You won't be able to have a door for this box unless you can fit the fan inside. This veg box lacks space, but you could put the fan as close as possible and place a flat white painted piece of cardboard against your grow box / fan. Once your box is constructed, place your plant inside the box and flip the lights and fan on (hopefully you have it in a one gallon pot for space reasons). Veg your plant under 24 hr light and place those bulbs close to the plant (you could use 18/6 but remember you're vegging in a cardboard box). Once your plant is mature, transplant it into more gallons of medium and place it outside. Make sure this plant is outside before the end of january. On cold nights, bring it in and keep it in complete darkness until is is safe to place it back out in the morning (if still real cold in the morning, then place near a sunny window. Pick up some type of bloom nutrient and bud hardner for flower and strictly follow directions. Feed every other watering. Before watering, make sure your medium has dried so you do not over water. Then the wait is on. Try to find a strain that finishes in 60 days and I don't see why you should not have a little success with this method. And most importanly, make sure this has FULL SUN for most of the day! Good Luck!

Medical Mike

Medical Mike

this is my 1st time trying an autoflower, i have ultraviolet and deisel autos. ultraviolet is rooting currently.

Top Bottom