BehindEnemyLines + 2x SF SE3000 + 3x3 Grow

• Thread starter BehindEnemyLines
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Upgraded from my 50GPH RO system with a tank, to a 400GPH tankless RO system. This thing is freaking sweeeet. After setting it up I ran an initial TDS ppm test. My tap water is approximately 415ppm TDS. I ran the faucet for 30 seconds before collecting a sample, and found the water it produced at 30ppm TDS. SCORE 🥳🎉

Now I have clean water for nutrient solutions 😊
View attachment 1294173
That is a 400 GPH RO system?

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

That is a good price for a 400 gpd unit. Did you price out the filters? In my experience they tend to sell the units at or below cost to get you buying their filters.
When it is time for new filters take a look on eBay.
Yup, that’s where they get you.

There are 2 filters on this model, the “1-year” CF filter is $30.00. The “2-year” MRO filter is $89. I can usually get 1.5-2.0x the rated amount of time, the rating is based on regular daily use. Mine will pretty much only be used for replacing reservoir water, so it won’t be used often. With that said, the cost of filter replacements doesn’t bother me, certainly a factor to consider.

Anthem

Anthem

Yup, that’s where they get you.

There are 2 filters on this model, the “1-year” CF filter is $30.00. The “2-year” MRO filter is $89. I can usually get 1.5-2.0x the rated amount of time, the rating is based on regular daily use. Mine will pretty much only be used for replacing reservoir water, so it won’t be used often. With that said, the cost of filter replacements doesn’t bother me, certainly a factor to consider.
That is reasonable

Dietrich

Dietrich

Thanks!

What’s important to note here is I am using a Botanicare 3x3 OD (outside diameter) tray. Most trays are measured by their inside diameter; a 3x3 ID tray will not fit in a 3x3 tent, but a 3x3 OD tray will.

My tray sits low (inches) above the reservoir out of necessity for head room, not because I like to torture myself lol.

I keep a 400 GPH submersible pump with a 1/2 inch barbed fitting on it running 24 hrs. to keep my nutrient solution in suspension. When I want to drain it, I simply connect a 30 foot section of 1/2 inch vinyl tubing to the submersible pump and run the tubing into my sink. There is a siphoning product called Python Aquarium Pump, it’s cheap on Amazon, and I use to it siphon out the remainder of the nutrient solution that the submersible pump couldn’t remove.

I was simply using the Python to re-fill my reservoir with tap water. With my new RO system, I plan on filling a 44 gal. Brute Trashcan with RO water in my kitchen (🤣), and then wheeling it to my grow where I will use a submersible pump and 1/2 inch vinyl tubing to pump it into the reservoir. I use a 5 gal. bucket, submersible pump, and a short (2-3 ft.) length of vinyl tubing to mix my JACKS 321 and pump it into the reservoir.

My vegetation set-up has a 40 gallon Home Depot tub reservoir. I can go about 3 weeks per water change here. My flower set-up has a 20 gallon Botanicare reservoir and I change it once a week.

I pretty much just do water changes and a little LST/Topping and that’s it. My ebb and flow system and peristaltic pumps keep the plants watered and PH’d without me having to lift a finger.

I don’t flush my plants because I don’t think it’s necessary and in fact I think it can be counterintuitive.
okay that is very helpful to know I found the OD tray! and you just use the rest of the botanic are ebb set up? also what is your flowering tent temps? Does the ebb & flow system block the intake fan vent in Your tent ? I have a 5x5 with 6 bubble buckets from super closet that’s how I empty my res also

Last edited:
Dietrich

Dietrich

Really you don’t run any clean water through them at all before harvest ??

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

9ED5374B 1897 49DA A8EC BB503E615071

ED4F1C52 0EA5 4084 8DF4 B7F9C4DEE914

474529F8 160F 4EEF 8398 A67D963CD299

Last edited:
BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

That is reasonable
Just did my first water change with RO.

Took about 1 hr to pump 20 gallons of RO water (actually I had water left over so less time). I tested the water and it was 40ppm TDS.

Something else to note about this system, it wastes 1 gallon of water for every 1 gallon of RO water it makes. Average RO systems with an under sink tank will waste 3 gallons of water for every 1 gallon of RO water it makes.

Phaze5

Phaze5

Since I finished my first crop, I’m going to use this new grow diary to show the Spider Farmer SE3000 they we’re so kind to send me after winning a contest. I already had a SF SE3000 I purchased and was able to rig both of the lights into my 3x3 tent… 😁😆😅 Wall to wall light coverage.

Here soon I will be upgrading to ebb and flow trays.

Thanks @SpiderFarmerLED !

View attachment 1265093
OP, is your handle a tribute to a band? If it is, I love that band.

Dietrich

Dietrich

Yes that is very helpful! Where did you find your ebb set up I’m looking at the botanicare one but the res is 40 gal? Also I read that you completely gave up on liquid nutes which dry nutes are you using with JACKS? what are your temps in flower tent ? Does the flood table go above the inline fan hole in the tent ? lol I’m sorry I have so many question temps in Florida mid summer are crazy! Also you run no clean water through the plants your about to harvest ??? they don’t have a harsh taste or anything I’ve ever heard of that before but like I said I’m open to new things haha

Dietrich

Dietrich

Looking at the lights you have did I really read detachable driver ?? that is something that I need to lol into I have a 600r in my 3x3 and it gets pretty hot without my portable ac on

BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

OP, is your handle a tribute to a band? If it is, I love that band.

No.

It’s referring to my current status as far as where I live and the legal classifications of cannabis. My avatar and name go together in a sense.

I’m speaking vaguely on purpose too. Sorry about that.

Don’t get me wrong though, I love my homeplace. How cannabis is classified here is the least of my concerns currently.

Top Bottom