Bel-Art Polycarbonate Chamber Heat Safe?

• Thread starter Steve Gray
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

whats your favorite texture bho?

• very oily

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • shatter

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • wax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • budder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Steve Gray

Steve Gray

ive been using the bel art chamber for a while now but its never been cold outside so a heat gun has been very sufficient. however, now that its so freakn cold, my muffin freezes at its full size lmao. so i was wondering if i can put hot water in my chamber without releasing a ton of chemicals. thanks for all your help.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Pretty hard to hold an adequate vacuum cold boiling water in the chamber.

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Pretty hard to hold an adequate vacuum cold boiling water in the chamber.
what? lmao, i dont use cold water in the chamber lmao, im saying the outside temperature is starting to drop, which means the heat from the heat gun isnt lasting as long, making it a pain in the ass to purge. so i was wondering if i culd just put boiling water in the chamber w/o releasing tons of chemicals into my oil, therefor entering my lungs....

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

since im in south florida, i was wonderin if i culd also just use the sun. all im concerned about is health issues

Graywolf

Graywolf

Water boils under vacuum at ambient temperatures, hence the term cold boiling. The boiling action destroys the vacuum.

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Water boils under vacuum at ambient temperatures, hence the term cold boiling. The boiling action destroys the vacuum.
Ohhhhhh ok, so what ur saying is i wuld have to bathe the chamber rather than put water in it. So same question kind of, would bathing the polycarbonate chamber at no higher than 130 degree water hurt/melt the chamber or release any chemicals on the inside which wuld make my oil bad

Graywolf

Graywolf

It looks like the upper operating limits are 130C/266F, so I'm guessing it would work, though far from optimal.
Upper working temperature 115–130 °C
Lower working temperature −40 °C[1]

A

Aaronimoe

have you tried the hot ashtray/tile technique?

I put my glass ashtray in the oven and get it to about 150F. place the ashtray on a piece of cardboard with my oil (on parchment paper) on top of the ashtray. worked wonders.

Steve Gray

Steve Gray

yes ive thought about that
have you tried the hot ashtray/tile technique?

I put my glass ashtray in the oven and get it to about 150F. place the ashtray on a piece of cardboard with my oil (on parchment paper) on top of the ashtray. worked wonders.
but also, in these bel-art chambers, the sun also works wonders :) if u dnt have sunlight, thats the option i would recommend

Top Bottom