Beneficial bacteria in DWC. Question about ph

• Thread starter CyberChrist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CyberChrist

CyberChrist

Hi, guys. I grow about one month with pseudomonas koreensis(nitrogen fixing bacteria). And my ph stay stable 7. ph down with sulfuric acid doesn`t work, citric acid doesn`t work. I think to buy fulvic acid. But I'm not sure if it will work. And my question is: Should I be afraid of this level of ph or not? Who grow with Azos(xtreme gardening) in hydroponics? What ph level with azos?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If your ph wont stop rising, your res is too small. You need way more water in your system. Ph rising is usually a good thing, but you could lack alkalinity. Idk what that actually means still. But you should google it if you have a big res and its still doing it. Like if your flowering out of a 5 gallon bucket, and it got huge, you will have to ajust your ph twice a day, bring it back down to about 5.6

CyberChrist

CyberChrist

If your ph wont stop rising, your res is too small. You need way more water in your system. Ph rising is usually a good thing, but you could lack alkalinity. Idk what that actually means still. But you should google it if you have a big res and its still doing it. Like if your flowering out of a 5 gallon bucket, and it got huge, you will have to ajust your ph twice a day, bring it back down about 5.6
my ph absolutely stable. My question is directed rather to those who use beni primarily in hydroponics.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I don’t use that product and would use a phosphoric acid product for reducing ph.

I have looked at its directions, seems simple enough, ph according.

so myself . 5.8 for veg and 6 for flower.

7 is a range were 3 elements are missing and others borderline in dwc.

stable ph and ec is always best for myself but there does seem to be a large number that swing.

Enjoy the growing.

ReservoirDog

ReservoirDog

Does nobody have help with this straightforward request?... OP, did you ever get a handle on this problem and get your pH down to 6.2-6.5? Azos or, pseudomonas koreensis, look to be a very useful and very powerful organism if we can gain strict control over it. Because I mostly see people using it in their cloner res I've got the impression that it's a bit of a wild child in the veg res, but as I say I have no direct experience. I apologize for having nothing to offer, I'm just interested in P. Koreensis as a potentially useful tool for multiple gardening challenges.

Edit: BTW, Hi, I'm ReservoirDog and I'm new to the forum and figured I oughta introduce myself. I've just put together my first dwc, have wanted my own little liquid lab for decades now and not only have I done so, but it's completely legal and in the clear! Thanks to my fellow Canucks for supporting decrim and recreational legalization. I knew you'd see this issue for what it really is. Anyway, I'll be haunting the dwc journals, and firing up a succinct journal of my own on 4/20. I look forward to talking with any and all of you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom