Bennies+pump+microscope=?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Hey Cap, now that u got that fancy scope i was jus wondering if u scoped tea after it has been thru a pump. Ive read before that traditional pumps damage the teas microbs, jus wondering if in waisting my money pumping my tea.

Thnx
Confu

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
According to Microbeman's research, a single pass through a centrifugal pump won't hurt them, whereas in my own experience (in aquatics) a recirculating pump absolutely will shred microbes to bits (planktonic and similar creatures, for feeding larval fish, corals, gorgonians, and certain jellies).

However! If you're using a diaphragm pump then you're golden, as many passes as you like.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Cool thnx For the info Sea. i pump my tea once because i cant hand water my plants due to room constraints. Its DTW tho so thats good. Only time i use a diaphram pump is when i foliar spray.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm going to get more 12v diaphragm pumps because of their portability. Also, if I do use it to recirculate, it won't get the water as hot as an impeller pump does. I've gotten a 45gal trash can over 80*F by forgetting to turn the 1/3hp sump pump I use off. Or is it 1/6hp...? Fuck, I forgot! Doesn't really matter, it has to be plugged in and dragging 100'-200' of electrical cord around just so I can use the pump is a pain in the patooty.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have used a recirc pump and had no issues with fungi forming on the surface of the coco... I will be setting up many experiments in the future so stay tuned for those.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Has it gotten the water column very hot, or was it just for a single pass?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Sounds good Cap
Confu

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Has it gotten the water column very hot, or was it just for a single pass?

Small pump and big res. Just to floom it instead of putting in an airstone. Not much heat from that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom