Bent stem!

• Thread starter Thedude4200
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thedude4200

Thedude4200

Hey guys. Got a slight problem. My outdoor blueberry auto plants ate 11 days old and looking great. Nice green leafs and rapid growth. Butttt...... after seeing the stem was a little to long and weak from lack of sunlight from the beginning of my grow I decided to top my soil and water. When I can back hours later one fell over at a 90 degree clean angle. Didn’t break or anything to serious I don’t think. You can see some damage... So I grabbed a couple bamboo sticks and propped her up. She seems ok now... My question is do you guys think she will make it or is this a lost cause... ??? I appreciate any feedback!!! Thanks

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

Hey guys. Got a slight problem. My outdoor blueberry auto plants ate 11 days old and looking great. Nice green leafs and rapid growth. Butttt...... after seeing the stem was a little to long and weak from lack of sunlight from the beginning of my grow I decided to top my soil and water. When I can back hours later one fell over at a 90 degree clean angle. Didn’t break or anything to serious I don’t think. You can see some damage... So I grabbed a couple bamboo sticks and propped her up. She seems ok now... My question is do you guys think she will make it or is this a lost cause... ??? I appreciate any feedback!!! Thanks
Post a picture please so everyone can help you more. As long as it didn’t get cut or anything serious I think it will recover it might effect your yeild Aswell since it’s a autoflower. That’s just assuming without a pic

Thedude4200

Thedude4200

You can see the small bend towards the bottom by the soil

1EC532FD 305A 457E 8249 AEE9FE8D76C0
0D6A2A53 465C 4D42 92DB F5F741C955AB
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It should be fine, but I usuallypile dirt up around the stem, which helps to stabilize it as it heals. The one thing you DON'T want to do is to move it much until it toughens up a little. If you keep moving it, chances are it will cause more damage and kill the sprout. FWIW, since it is so small, if it falls over again and you are afraid to move it, let it grow bent over, and after it grows up a little you can cover over the stem where it lays on top of your soil. Roots will grow out of it quickly and by flowering time, you won't know it was ever there.

BigCube

BigCube

It should be alright. Give it a week before you try testing it lol. If it is actually pinched off, it will die within a day or two.

If it lives past Saturday, you're safe.

Good luck!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It should be alright. Give it a week before you try testing it lol. If it is actually pinched off, it will die within a day or two.

If it lives past Saturday, you're safe.

Good luck!
If it was broken or too badly damaged, I would think you would see wilting very quickly. I think he was lucky and nothing got damaged too badly. Time will tell.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

It should be ok, I use pipe cleaners to hold my seedlings in place till there stem hardens.

AnitaBonghitt

AnitaBonghitt

I bend mine all the time on purpose. when they are a little larger. What doesn't kill them will make them stronger..

B

Burned Haze

OMG...............

j/k I bend mine all the time in veg and if one hard snaps ya ( use some tape and make a band aid for some temp guard till it’s healed )

Low stress training = bending/forcing the plant down
High stress training = breaking branches /bend the plant to suppression ( it’s funny on the results on same pheno’s if they are strong ones )

Top Bottom